Barcelona HOHO & Luggage

Hi,

I searched for this answer but did not find one.

So we get off the ship on Wednesday morning and want to see the city before flying out on Thursday. Do we take our luggage (will be obviously heavier than when we left home) on the HOHO bus? If not, what do we do with it? It would be too early to check in at a hotel. By the way we don't have hotel reservations anywhere yet. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

THANKS!

There are several choices, but one seems best given your situation.

Since it appears you will be staying over in Barcelona (good choice!), leave your luggage at the hotel. Even if your room is not ready yet, they will be happy to store your luggage for you. I assume you will have a reservation and not go searching for a hotel when you get off the ship schlepping your luggage.

May I suggest one more excursion. Last December we were on NCL Jade - like you we decided to spend one more day in Barcelona. We booked trip to Montserrat (a beautiful Monastery built into a mountainside - about 30 minutes from cruise ship.):)

We got off the ship they loaded the tour bus with our luggage - trip was about 2 to 3 hours. The tour bus then dropped us at a central location in the Las Ramblas area. Unloaded our luggage and we grabbed a cab right where the bus stopped - in no more than 5 mins. we were at our hotel - Hotel Colon right opposite the Cathedral in Las Ramblas. Hotel was a little old fashioned but charming and we paid about $120 a night. This really was a nice trip and you still have the rest of the day to explore Las Ramblas and do the HOHO bus if you so desire. Check it out - Have a great time (just be careful as Barcelona has a lot of pickpockets):eek:

I agree with Paul. I've never been to a hotel that won't store your luggage whilst your room is being readied. They will definately do it at the Continental Palacete http://www.hotelcontinental.com/ where they held our baggage for us on our return from the cruise as our train didn't leave BCN until 9pm...and they let us use all the facilities too.

Simon

Archived