Royal Caribbean MDR Whats free to drink?

Sky616

What is currently free to drink in the dining room on RCI ships? Is Iced Tea free? Are juices free for my son specifically Apple Juice. He will be drinking soda during the day and didn't want him to consume any at dinner.

This is for Freedom. I'll try to give you a run down on what is free and where on Freedom.

Breakfast

MDR - orange and apple juice, chocolate & white milk

Windjammer - apple juice, choc and white milk, orange juice

Lunch

Windjammer - iced tea, lemonade, ice water

Cafe Promenade - you can request cartons of milk here

Sorrento's Pizza - ice water

Dinner

MDR - ice tea, choc or white milk, can TRY to request apple juice (sometimes it's available, sometimes not)

Windjammer - ice tea, lemonade, ice water

Sorrento's - ice water

I never buy soda for the kids (or even for me) on any ship. I can always make do with what they offer for free.

Thanks a bunch. That helps a lot. With all the changes going on I can't keep up to date with what if included and what is not.

Oh believe me, if they changed the "free drinks" you would see posts everywhere screaming about the changes. ;)

In the Windjammer, sometimes they have fruit punch and/or some kind of passion fruit juice.

But basically, those choices remain pretty constant.

On our last night on Indy, the dining room ran out of chocolate milk cartons. But our server was able to make some. :D

Oh believe me, if they changed the "free drinks" you would see posts everywhere screaming about the changes. ;)

In the Windjammer, sometimes they have fruit punch and/or some kind of passion fruit juice.

But basically, those choices remain pretty constant.

On our last night on Indy, the dining room ran out of chocolate milk cartons. But our server was able to make some. :D

Could you imagine if they made everyone pay for chocolate milk or juices?:eek: There might be a mutiny on the high seas.:D

If you know your child wants apple juice with dinner, rather than take a chance that they might not have it (or worse, might charge for it), just bring a sports bottle and fill it up at breakfast then keep in the cabin fridge until dinner. We brought a couple for our DGS which we filled with water or lemonade for excursions or just walking around - he rarely gets soda.

Could you imagine if they made everyone pay for chocolate milk or juices?:eek: There might be a mutiny on the high seas.:D

HAHAHAHAHAHA excellent point! :D

And Gerif - thanks! I've never considered doing that. That's a great idea. Grab a couple of glasses of juice from the WJ, fill up a sports bottle for the kids. Good idea!

Archived