Random question for Cruisinmama06

tink24

HA! Oh yeah THAT is a long story. I can't link the story because it's about another forum and would go against TOS here.

But basically it was all a scam created by one very sick person.

It was another forum. And she awarded cruises - MANY MANY cruises as prizes. And then when the time came to pay it, she created a medical excuse, says she was dying, blah blah blah.

Found out that the board owner was impersonating 150 other board members.

None of the cruises were paid. Many people (and yes, many CC people) are out non refundable deposits like hotel payments and airfare for the "prize cruises"

Some have filed cases against her but no one knows if that will do any good.

So my signature had to change drasticially...no sailing on Cunard. :(

It's very sad to see so many people effected by it.

Wow! I wasn't expecting that! Sorry to hear you had to go through something so awful. Did this sicko have anything to gain (financially or otherwise) by doing this or was it just for the FUN of it? Oh well, wishing you many happy future cruises;).

What an absolutely atrocious thing to do....especially when there are kids involved:eek:

Sorry to hear that such a bad experience happened to such a good person!

Michele, I wondered if you had been on one of the people affected by that. Sorry to hear that.

Yep, that's me. :(

At least I got to be a part of the group that stopped it from continuing or more people would have been scammed. We held off as long as we could, ironically the first cruise was due on April 1st...which is when we sent the letter.

tink24 - no one knows what she gained financially. There were some people who sent letters to say that they DID pay her deposits which became "non refundable". I paid nothing but time. :(

You mean I'm not going on my 11 free cruises???? NUTS! :mad:

It really is a crazy story...maybe we can get a TV Movie of the Week made about it. We can get ED TV GUY to hook us up....:cool:

You mean I'm not going on my 11 free cruises???? NUTS! :mad:

It really is a crazy story...maybe we can get a TV Movie of the Week made about it. We can get ED TV GUY to hook us up....:cool:

Now that is funny lol

Archived