The smell of a cruise!

Mooder

And I don't mean the sea air. Or at least I don't think that's what it is. Yesterday I put on a jacket that I had worn on last weekend's cruise to nowhere. The second I pulled it on, I had the strongest sensation of being back on the ship. It only lasted a second, but it was nice! :) It's already worn off today. :( I wonder: is it the sanitizer, the new carpet, the carpet cleaner or just that ship smell. :confused: Anyone had this experience or know what I mean?

I know exactly what your saying, it's that smell (its nothing specific i don't think) when you first step onboard, and then also whenever you enter the ship, whether it be from a port or even from the pool deck. Combination of air conditioning, cleaners.....Nevermind, i have no idea what it is, but i love it! :p

I know exactly what your saying, it's that smell (its nothing specific i don't think) when you first step onboard, and then also whenever you enter the ship, whether it be from a port or even from the pool deck. Combination of air conditioning, cleaners.....Nevermind, i have no idea what it is, but i love it! :p

LOL I smelled it yesterday when I put on my sweat jacket, it smelled just like my cabin or something glad to hear I'm not the only one:)

LOL I smelled it yesterday when I put on my sweat jacket, it smelled just like my cabin or something glad to hear I'm not the only one:)

Got over a year since my last cruise, i'll have to brush off the cobwebs on my cruise wear and take a whiff.

Well, it's confirmed, no cruise smell for me. Either of you feel like bottling some of that smell up and sending to my way :p

The money we could make doing that :D

Got over a year since my last cruise, i'll have to brush off the cobwebs on my cruise wear and take a whiff.

Well, it's confirmed, no cruise smell for me. Either of you feel like bottling some of that smell up and sending to my way :p

The money we could make doing that :D

My jacket lost it in one wearing so we're going to need hermetically sealed bottles. But you may be on to something! :D

My jacket lost it in one wearing so we're going to need hermetically sealed bottles. But you may be on to something! :D

Would really be awesome to be able to mimic that smell though, it's really not that off the wall in terms of like a Yankee Candle, they have some really bazaar scents. Maybe i'll shoot someone there an email, see what becomes of it.

OMG that is so funny. I don't know if remember the beaded purse I had but I haven't switched it out yet so I took a whiff and my eyes lit up...so to make sure it wasn't wishful thinking, I waited a minute and tried again and it's still there. What is it though??? You really can't pinpoint it but it's ship.

Yankee Candle...are you getting this?

Here a some ideas

New Ship Smell

Classic Ship smell

Booze Cruise (there is a hint of tequilla in that one)

Hairy chest cont......no no nevermind that one.

Sooooo can you get working on that?:D

Would really be awesome to be able to mimic that smell though, it's really not that off the wall in terms of like a Yankee Candle, they have some really bazaar scents. Maybe i'll shoot someone there an email, see what becomes of it.

You are reminding me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer wanted to create a perfume of the smell you get when you return from the beach. Calvin Klein stole it from him! So, we'd better act fast!!

OMG that is so funny. I don't know if remember the beaded purse I had but I haven't switched it out yet so I took a whiff and my eyes lit up...so to make sure it wasn't wishful thinking, I waited a minute and tried again and it's still there. What is it though??? You really can't pinpoint it but it's ship.

Here a some ideas

New Ship Smell

Classic Ship smell

Of course, I remember that purse. I covet that purse! To know it has the cruise smell makes me want it more!!! :)

It's funny how we can't pinpoint it, but we all know it when we smell it.

Here a some ideas

New Ship Smell

Classic Ship smell

The perfect name. Hmmmmmmm.....very good start there. Have to think about it.

OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHH how funny, its been over 2 years since our last cruise and we are getting ready to leave on another one. Two nights ago I walked into our kitchen and the kitchen window was open, I told my DH wow I just love that smell he thought i was nuts (LOL) he said what smell I said I came in here and it smelled just like the cruise ship. AWWWW how nice that was. And let me add I LOVE the idea of the cruise ship candle smell. :D

I like this thread, mooder.

Just got off Majesty on Sat. and being our 3rd cruise on her in 3 years, I can attest that a ship does have a smell all it's own.

If I recall right, Carnival Paradise smelled like wet pigs on a hot day.. JUST KIDDING!!!!! I like Carnival!! :D

OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHH how funny, its been over 2 years since our last cruise and we are getting ready to leave on another one. Two nights ago I walked into our kitchen and the kitchen window was open, I told my DH wow I just love that smell he thought i was nuts (LOL) he said what smell I said I came in here and it smelled just like the cruise ship. AWWWW how nice that was. And let me add I LOVE the idea of the cruise ship candle smell. :D

Fascinating!!! What was outside that kitchen window, I wonder?!?!? A waiter with a pina colada, no doubt. ;) They hang around my yard all the time - NOT! LOL

Just got off Majesty on Sat. and being our 3rd cruise on her in 3 years, I can attest that a ship does have a smell all it's own.

If I recall right, Carnival Paradise smelled like wet pigs on a hot day.. JUST KIDDING!!!!! I like Carnival!! :D

Spurting ice coffee ..... LOL. I am so glad I brought this up - I thought you would all think I'd gone looney when I told about my jacket! :eek:

The company that makes the little tree air fresheners already have new car smell, and Bath & Body has fresh laundry. Why can't someone make New Cruise Smell??? I bet if they sold those on the ship, they would make a killing!

And I don't mean the sea air. Or at least I don't think that's what it is. Yesterday I put on a jacket that I had worn on last weekend's cruise to nowhere. The second I pulled it on, I had the strongest sensation of being back on the ship. It only lasted a second, but it was nice! :) It's already worn off today. :( I wonder: is it the sanitizer, the new carpet, the carpet cleaner or just that ship smell. :confused: Anyone had this experience or know what I mean?

Oh my YES! I've said it for years and years, although I've always called it "the Home Lines smell". And since that was the only line I sailed for years and years, I never knew anything about any other ships, or how they smelled, for that matter. They all have a particular scent, I've found. Some to more of a degree than others, and for me, now when I say "this smells like Home Lines", I'm usually well on my way to getting all melancholy and teary-eyed, the scent brings back such vivid memories.

I like to think of it as a meld of individually fresh scents that includes sea air, the ocean, polished teak, cologne, and pure joy!

Carnival Cruise Lines has a new TV ad running which includes a gentleman sniffing all over a ship, floors, curtains, chairs, etc. who looks up with a smile and says "New Ship Smell", and then the ship's whistle sounds. Two of my favorite things in the whole wide world. Works for me! :)

The company that makes the little tree air fresheners already have new car smell, and Bath & Body has fresh laundry. Why can't someone make New Cruise Smell??? I bet if they sold those on the ship, they would make a killing!

Great idea! Make the gift shop worth visiting. It seems someone already had the idea for "Pina Colada Cruise" candles.

http://www.zionsvillecandlecompany.com/pinacolada.html

OMG! Carnival is soooooooooo ahead of us on this. They have their own fragrance line. I would looooooooooooove to know what it smells like. :) It's so cute how the bottle looks like the ship!!

http://www.perfume.com/carnival-cruise/cruise/men-cologne/10019933?ref=479&utm_campaign=compshop&utm_medium=compshop&utm_source=msn

Ok, It's got to be a combination of sea, salt air, sand, sunshine, varnish, hand sanitizer, coconut, rum, shrimp, suntan lotion, gold lamay, that chemical they put in the hot tubs and pool, crispy bacon, a hint of smoke (not to keen on that part) mango margueritas, diesel fuel, french martini's, new carpets and sweaty dancers.(not too keen on that one either)

Roll it all together and what-da-ya-got?

Ok, It's got to be a combination of sea, salt air, sand, sunshine, varnish, hand sanitizer, coconut, rum, shrimp, suntan lotion, gold lamay, that chemical they put in the hot tubs and pool, crispy bacon, a hint of smoke (not to keen on that part) mango margueritas, diesel fuel, french martini's, new carpets and sweaty dancers.(not too keen on that one either)

Roll it all together and what-da-ya-got?

Perfect! You got "Essence of Cruise"

It might help us get thru the months/year between sailings!

Here's an idea for a name...Cruise Dreams!

Maybe not the Paradise...but the Sensation..yes! JK...I like Carnival too.

I do always bring little airfreshener thingies on my cruises...jik...there may be some, uh, other types of smells

Archived