"Won" a Cruise

I won a cruise on the Bahamas Celebration yesterday...

After I 'won' I called the guy who's VP of Marketing for Celebration Cruise Lines and asked him about it...

He said it was legit... but not the best way to get on the ship... You've gotta sit through a time share sales thingy and by the time it's over you need to get back on the ship to head to Port Everglades!!

:D

No, Spirit Incentives and yes time share type of scam. We went to the presentation and of course didn't buy anything but we did get a cruise. We had a choice of a 3,5 or 7 day cruise and we would have to pay "taxes and fees" which seem high but I think we still save money if we had bought the cruise itself. For a five day cruise we have to pay $199 per person. I plan on upgrading so it will be even more.

I sat through one of those deals. Because of all the rules and restrictions it wasn't worth it to me. I used the military rate and traveled when I wanted to. I don't want to get into all the details but, When you send in your check it takes them a month or more to get back to you. Then you select your cruises at least two months out. And you can only choose one cruise per 30 period. But not within a week of a holiday. And it goes on and on.

BBB is a joke of an organization.... you have to PAY to be a member.... and in order to have a complaint against you in their database, you also must be a member. Not the most reliable organization to base anything on regarding complaints.

Run for your life! Not only do you have to sit through the time-share presentation, you pay additional taxes and fees, plus the cabin you "won" is usually the lowest category 1A, so they encourage you to pay to upgrade. The dates you can take the cruise are few and far between...very restricted. You can usually do better on price just by booking a cruise yourself, and with a LOT less hassle.

And to add to the post above....rather than pay for a "ferry ride" over to the Bahamas.... why not pay a similar amount or a tad more, not worry about black out dates or a high pressured time share presentation... Call and book a REAL CRUISE when you are ready to sail !!!

I just won that Celebration Cruise line 2 night/three day and have already paid $118.00 for me and my son to go. I was told that I had to go to the Ramada At Park Point to pick up my tickets prior to the cruise. I specifically asked if I had to sit through a time-share presentation and was told "Absolutely Not". Any advise as to how I can get my "free tickets" and avoid this presentation? I already own a timeshare, am currently unemployed and this freebie cruise is a present for my son's high school graduation. I am now worried that I will not get my tickets and they will want me to pay more taxes and fees when I get there. :eek:

Archived