Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

Query: A poster contacted me for a coupon, then said because he had received a $500 obc direct from Seabourn(?) he could not receive, or use, a referral coupon on his cruise. I have never heard of SB offering directly obc's as an enticement to sign up. I wonder if the poster is confusing the $500 credit with one his TA is offering, under the guise of its coming from Seabourn. Anyone know anything about this? Host Dan? And even if it did, in fact, come from Seabourn, why wouldn't the referral coupon still be valid?

Query: A poster contacted me for a coupon, then said because he had received a $500 obc direct from Seabourn(?) he could not receive, or use, a referral coupon on his cruise. I have never heard of SB offering directly obc's as an enticement to sign up. I wonder if the poster is confusing the $500 credit with one his TA is offering, under the guise of its coming from Seabourn. Anyone know anything about this? Host Dan? And even if it did, in fact, come from Seabourn, why wouldn't the referral coupon still be valid?

Sometimes the SBC from the TA are NOT combineable with the referral SBC. I believe this is what they meant, TA not SB.

Host Dan

Sometimes the SBC from the TA are NOT combineable with the referral SBC. I believe this is what they meant, TA not SB.

Host Dan

Uh oh. I specifically asked this question of Seabourn--lady with an English accent-- and I was told emphatically that you may combine three (only)credit sources. The Shareholder Benefit; the Referral coupon; any contribution from a travel agent.Each has certain acknowledged restrictions,but nothing, I was assured, would prevent them being used in combination.

I would be grateful if you could determine under what conditions you can, or cannot combine the three credits.

I was told that it depends on the itinerary. This was a question I had for our cruise in December. I have a TA $500 SBC, but was told that my referral credit was not combineable. We shall see...

Host Dan

If we book through a group we belong to, we get a $600 shipboard credit. I guess I have the same question....would we be able to combine this with a referral shipboard credit? Also, I noticed that Platinum Amex members get a $300 shipboard credit. Could we combine all three shipboard credits? We are looking at the March sailing on the PRIDE from Bangkok to Hong Kong. The price is right but the airfare is killing me!!

For our upcoming trip on the Pride we have a referral SBC, and when we called Miami Guest Relations this week to confirm our Carnival shareholder credit we were told the two SBC's are NOT combinable. Thankfully, and thanks to many of you, because of this forum, we were able to be VERY persistent and finally a supervisor correctly approved the shareholder credit. As first time Seabourn customers this was the third isssue we've had with Seabourn's land based Guest Relations. Seems like very poor management. Regardless, we're optimisitic the Pride in Asia will be amazing.

Also, we're now convinced that the AMEX Platinum SBC is NOT combinable on Seabourn, but is on some other cruiselines. We can live with that, just wish the SBC 'rules' were simpler for us simpler folks.

We are first time Seabourn cruisers, long-time Silversea customers, and are interested in the referral program. Does anyone have a coupon they would like to share (this is something Silversea does not have!)? We are cruising November 6th, Venice to Athens. Many thanks....

We are first time Seabourn cruisers, long-time Silversea customers, and are interested in the referral program. Does anyone have a coupon they would like to share (this is something Silversea does not have!)? We are cruising November 6th, Venice to Athens. Many thanks....

WinWin I have a voucher for you if you contact me at amfrea@gmail.com with an address I will post the coupon to you immediately for you to complete your details and send to Seabourn.

Hi we are sailing on same cruise. I have a referral. Please email me on janet_e_naylor@hotmail.com. I need your full name, address and booking reference.

Janet Naylor

Of giving your booking reference to anyone because they can then access all your details (Passport numbers etc) on the Seabourn website! I would never ask for it but would send the coupon for you to complete and send on to Seabourn.

For our upcoming trip on the Pride we have a referral SBC, and when we called Miami Guest Relations this week to confirm our Carnival shareholder credit we were told the two SBC's are NOT combinable. Thankfully, and thanks to many of you, because of this forum, we were able to be VERY persistent and finally a supervisor correctly approved the shareholder credit. As first time Seabourn customers this was the third isssue we've had with Seabourn's land based Guest Relations. Seems like very poor management. Regardless, we're optimisitic the Pride in Asia will be amazing.

Also, we're now convinced that the AMEX Platinum SBC is NOT combinable on Seabourn, but is on some other cruiselines. We can live with that, just wish the SBC 'rules' were simpler for us simpler folks.

I was also advised by Seabourn a couple of days ago that my AMEX Platinum SBC is not combinable with the Seabourn referral credit. Does anyone know the reason for this policy? Given the policy, will AMEX do anything to make up for the denial of its SBC?

WinWin I have a voucher for you if you contact me at amfrea@gmail.com with an address I will post the coupon to you immediately for you to complete your details and send to Seabourn.

We too are first time Seabourn Cruisers are there anymore referral coupons available? If so, I would appreciate one.

Many Thanks oh kind strangers

:D