Do you go to Karaoke?

No.

For us, there are too many other things that are more entertaining going on aboard ship.

If I wanted karaoke, I'd stay home and watch AI. And I avoid AI like the plague. Now if Gordon Ramsay would film a season of Hell's Kitchen in the galley, well that would be different. :D

I doubt I'll work up the nerve to do karaoke but I will definitely be there. I remember on my last cruise the geekiest man I've ever seen got up there to sing. He belted out 3 Times A Lady and got a standing ovation. Then the ones that you thought would be good singers were horrible.

I had never gone on any of my cruises until last year on the Miracle. my DW and her friend would go every night and they told us what a good time it was. So one night DW and I went with them and it was a good time. The "Real" singers are actually very good, and the folks goofing around are fun to watch.

LOL have only sung on one trip, but have an awesome set up in my basement:o On Sovereign of the Seas w/my three DS's we all sang and then did a group performance (over a few nights). It was quite funny - when we were walking around in Nassau, people kept stopping us going "Aren't you the karaoke sisters? Are you going to sing tonight?" It was a real hoot:D DH and I hope to 'perform' again this fall on GOS (we've heard they have karaoke);)

Absolutely, it is a great time! A couple of weeks ago on our Fascination cruise there was actually a group that sang and had just got their first record deal, granted they were very professional and were really good for karaoke but what a great time we all had that night. It was a show that you would probably pay good money for in any other situation, so you never know what you'll get when you go to karaoke!!! Good time for sure!!!

I love karaoke! My problem with karaoke on Carnival is trying to find a song to sing. Of course they have the old reliables (last trip my sister sang "brickhouse" :rolleyes: ), but I was looking for some Pink or Miley Cyrus...I know, heaven forbid, but those are the songs I listen to every day and can actually sing :eek:

I'm not trying to commandeer this thread, but would like to expand a little if that's okay...what songs have you all sang at Carnival Karaoke?

I like to go. It's great entertainment when done right. On one cruise (don't remember which, sorry), the staff person running it was a dud and took forever between songs so it wasn't very good. But if you have a good emcee it can be great. My only complaint is that it ends too early for me. I have late dining and usually only catch the last 1/2 hour or so.

I love karaoke! My problem with karaoke on Carnival is trying to find a song to sing. Of course they have the old reliables (last trip my sister sang "brickhouse" :rolleyes: ), but I was looking for some Pink or Miley Cyrus...I know, heaven forbid, but those are the songs I listen to every day and can actually sing :eek:

I'm not trying to commandeer this thread, but would like to expand a little if that's okay...what songs have you all sang at Carnival Karaoke?

As long as Purple Rain is on the list, I'm good.

Reading this thread has got me all the more excited! DH can truly sing! I swear the man can see my soul when he sings to me! I cant wait to hear him belt em out when we sail! Me on the other hand, if there are dogs in any howling distance,you'll be able to hear them howling along,lol.

We like Kareoke anyway, so this is something Im very much looking forward to!!!:D

Great thread!!!!!:p

I do a little bit of everything. I have a low voice for a lady so I sing a lot of "guy songs"... Four Tops, Diamond Rio, Rascal Flatts, Elton John, Journey...but I also do Faith Hill, Celine Dion, Bonnie Riatt and Tina Turner. I try to sing a range of oldies to more recent...although the more recent ones are going to be country...since that is what I listen to now.

What I love MOST is to sing harmony!!!

I love to do the harmony (just on the chorus) to that Keith Whitley song "Don't Close Your Eyes". If I hear a guy that can sing, I will ask him if he knows that song and (with the permission of his spouse or significant other) if I can sing the harmony on the chorus.

Just a note folks...I can't speak for everyone.... but personally I LOVE IT when people get up and dance when I am singing. So DANCE AWAY!!!!! :D

I definitely have! On the carnival glory, I actually was one of the 2 finalist for the big talent show at the end of the cruise, and was voted by the audience to win, and received a "Solid Gold Ship on a Stick"!!!:D In fact, I had received two on that cruise! One for the karaoke club win, and then another for the participation in the big friday night closer! It was fun and I ended up really meeting along of other really great singers and doing different duets and some fun ones even, together! On Valor, we went a couple of times, but after a couple times, it loses its flavor...and some people are REALLY hard to listen to!!!:eek: ha ha

I've been able to bring my CDG's along which makes it easy. The last cruise had a large book with lots of songs so I'm sure you'll find something. Like LHP, I also sing a variety of songs for a reason. Not everyone is country etc. I sing 3 Doors Down, Cher, Shania, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lorrie Morgan, Judds, even Cledus Judd which is my fave. Parody's are always a lot of fun. Try singing the parody to Faith Hill's Breathe called bad "breath" very funny! I also recently learned another funny song & performed it on my last cruise - "Every man I loved was either married gay or dead." Love it. I recorded Yodelin Blues if you care to check it out:

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3001877240040669306pWpzgY

I like to go. It's great entertainment when done right. On one cruise (don't remember which, sorry), the staff person running it was a dud and took forever between songs so it wasn't very good. But if you have a good emcee it can be great. My only complaint is that it ends too early for me. I have late dining and usually only catch the last 1/2 hour or so.

I agree with this. My last cruise always seemed to end by 9:30 due to a show that was scheduled following karaoke so those that had 2nd seating dinner couldn't participate. Not cool. Latest it lasted was until 10:15.

When we were on the Paradise, we went to Karoke everynight after dinner. We never sang, just drank and watched, but it was so much fun! I'm hoping there is Karoke on the Splendor in two weeks.

I went to karaoke a couple nights on the splendor......it seemed like they had a good system, the singers actually sounded pretty good

We went several times on our second cruise. I don't remember going during our first cruise through. We had a pretty good time the times that we went. For some reason I don't know we never went on our last cruise. I guess we were doing other things and never got around to going.

Karaoke is one of my favorite things to do when cruising. I never sang a note in public until a Piano Bar Entertainer, Duane Lewis, on the Carnival Miracle put a mic in my hand a few years ago. Well, one thing led to another and now I sing all the time.

Since that night in the piano bar, I've been in a bunch of Carnival talent shows (I believe now called the Showcase of Stars, to make it sound non-competitive). I just returned yesterday from the Carnival Legend, where I was in my 4th Carnival Legends show, as Frank Sinatra.

Here is s clip from karaoke on the Carnival Valor in March 2008. Vitalii is the Karaoke Host.

Here's a clip from the Legends Show I was in on the Carnival Miracle in January.

So, if you're ever sitting, watching karaoke and have the urge to sing, but are saying to yourself...."Self, I could never get up there and do that" .... just go up there and sing anyway and enjoy it!!! It's not about being good or bad, it's all about having fun!

Roy Mezzapelle

I do not "GO" to Karaoke...

I "LIVE" in Karaoke...

I love to sing, but love to encourage others to sing also.

I try to sit close to the stage, help people choose songs,

sing duets, sing requests, and when a person get nervous

I will try to sing with them from the audience for encouragement.

I Majored in music and love to sing, and enjoy Karaoke because it lets

me sing types of music I would not normally sing (since I sing mostly at church.) When I can start singing some Frank Sinatra, Elvis, and others it really is fun!

JB

• 3 weeks later...
I do not "GO" to Karaoke...

I "LIVE" in Karaoke...

I love to sing, but love to encourage others to sing also.

I try to sit close to the stage, help people choose songs,

sing duets, sing requests, and when a person get nervous

I will try to sing with them from the audience for encouragement.

I Majored in music and love to sing, and enjoy Karaoke because it lets

me sing types of music I would not normally sing (since I sing mostly at church.) When I can start singing some Frank Sinatra, Elvis, and others it really is fun!

JB

We sooo have to cruise together one day!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

For me, karaoke IS my cruise. After my epic failure of an American Idol audition it's all I have. :p

My family and I loooooved our host Kim on Spirit last year. He would just break out in dance every once in awhile, and he knows how to keep the party going.

I absolutely adore the "good" bad singers- the ones who know they're not so good, but they're still out to entertain.

We sooo have to cruise together one day!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Linda..do you have any idea what your next cruise will be after your Dream cruise?

I am trying to plan for either Feb. or March...

probably will look at the Triumph...

Archived