Do you go to Karaoke?

Do you go to Karaoke on a ship? Recently, the Karaoke on the Carnival Fascination was highly entertaining. We went to the first two nights, then to the final performance of the best singers in the Palace Theater.

There was some fine talent among the singers and the enthusiasm of the crowd was great fun. Lots of dancing.

Have you enjoyed Karaoke?

On our glory '07 cruise we went every single night...the more we drank the better it got ;) and there was always a packed house. Last year we went once or twice and it was pretty dead each time, so we gave up on it. We do like it though!

I love watching people do karaoke. Seriously entertaining! I haven't had enough guts to get up there and do it myself, but that doesn't stop me from singing along at my table.

I LOVED Fantasy karaoke last year, the host Kim was awesome so I had high hopes for my Imagination cruise recently. Sadly, Aretha was AWFUL! She sang WITH everyone, adding weird harmonies and crap, totally throwing most singers (experienced and not) off. I sang the first night twice (she did that to me on my 2nd song) and then I didn't do it again but a lot of people did not like her.

I love karaoke. We have a blast.

As a back up singer in my younger days, it gives me the avenue to do what I love. Sadly, the older I get...the harder it is to hit and hold those notes...

but we still have a good time.

As I tell folks .... if we were Whitney Houston...we would not be on a Carnival cruise ship headed to Freeport. We are just there to have fun!! And we do truly appreciate all those who come and listen....

we, well i did found out what Kamikaze Karaoke was on the

Triumph..

the wife and i were going to do "I Got You Babe" with the wife..

she would do Cher and me, Sonny..we ll she did nt get drunk enough

and i end d up doing both..

so i did a Kamikaze, i crashed and burn d..:o

We go and check it out several times on each cruise. Some cruises seem to have some really awesome people up there. Some of the best ones aren't the ones who can sing perfectly but more so entertain while up there. We've seen some hysterically funny attempts. On the Triumph Ashley had a box of props that he had people wear when they sang. We laughed so hard on both of those cruises and the place was packed every night. When they have it in the smaller lounges people lose interest as there is very limited seating. Our last sailing the same people got up over and over again which happens when not enough people want to sing.

Do you go to Karaoke on a ship? Recently, the Karaoke on the Carnival Fascination was highly entertaining. We went to the first two nights, then to the final performance of the best singers in the Palace Theater.

There was some fine talent among the singers and the enthusiasm of the crowd was great fun. Lots of dancing.

Have you enjoyed Karaoke?

Yes, lots of fun and drinking.

Sheila

When we were on the Paradise, we went to Karoke everynight after dinner. We never sang, just drank and watched, but it was so much fun! I'm hoping there is Karoke on the Splendor in two weeks.

When we were on the Paradise, we went to Karoke everynight after dinner. We never sang, just drank and watched, but it was so much fun! I'm hoping there is Karoke on the Splendor in two weeks.

It's on all of the Carnival ships so you are in luck :)

Mentally comparing it to many of the times I've heard it in bars throughout So Cal, I avoided it like the plague on many cruises. Then, one time, I stepped inside (I think on the LEGEND) and listened for awhile . . . AMAZING ! ! :eek: Some of these singers are borderline PROFESSIONALS . . . Really enjoyed it. :)

Yes I sing on almost every cruise. The only one I didn’t sing on was the Legend this past January. It was dead. :rolleyes: I gotta have an audience LOL :D

Some of my favorites are Sittin on the dock of the Bay (Otis Redding) and Imagine (John Lennon ).

The most fun I have at karaoke is when I try to round up a group of dancers to do Proud Mary.

All I can say is that if you were on the Splendor in November....those ladies brought the house DOWN.

I may have been standing in the front doing the singing...but those ladies "were the show"....they were outstanding.

The second best was when I got this lady that was about 65 years old up there to sing back up to Midnight Train to Georgia on the Imagination. She stole the show!!!

It is the most fun when you can get folks up (even to dance or do back up) who would have never DREAMED of ever getting up there. There is a "star" in all of us!!!

Hubby and I don't sing, but we love to listen to those who do...or attempt to :).

We go every cruise.

Two memorable performances we've seen were a gentleman singing Frank Sinatra - he was very good - and a lady who didn't do well with her first song but landed squarely on her feet with her second one - Proud Mary - wow! did she do well :cool:.

Archived