What ships do not offer Anytime Dining?

bjkTX

And it says on the Princess site that it's only open until 6pm., so I guess if you miss your time in the dining room (maybe on an excursion) then you'll be stuck with room service. :(

Not really.....they have a bistro in the buffet area in the evening.....

And it says on the Princess site that it's only open until 6pm., so I guess if you miss your time in the dining room (maybe on an excursion) then you'll be stuck with room service. :(

Not positive here, but I think the smaller ships have now changed to some sort of buffet in the evenings (even though the Princess website claims they do not, as they don't often update the site)??? Hopefully someone that has sailed recently would know better than I.

It was several years ago we sailed on the Tahitian Princess and there was absolutely no buffet at all in the evening back then. You had the sit down style pizza restaurant that was in half of the buffet area and that was about it, besides sandwiches from room service.

I agree, there were evernings that we just weren't up to the two hour meals in the diningroom after a long day swimming in Tahiti, and we did end up with sandwiches from room service on a couple of occasions. Even pizza to take back to the room would have worked, but that was not allowed, it was restaurant style (sit down) only.

We enjoyed the ship completely, but back then, the dining really had something to be desired. :(

Surprisingly, the Pacific / Tahitian (Ocean) / Royal Princess are not consistent with what is offered in the evening which is why the Princess generalization is often incorrect. I've been on the Royal Princess and there's a sit-down, waitstaff Bistro in the evening with a limited menu that's actually quite good. Unless that's changed in the past year, it was a nice alternative to the dining room.

Archived