Wine To Go

Dianneon2

I understand unfinished bottles of wine consumed in the dining room will be stored for enjoyment at another dining venue. What if you prefer to take the open bottle back to your cabin? Anyone ever have an unfinished bottle :D that you were permitted to take with you? many thanks, Dianne

I understand unfinished bottles of wine consumed in the dining room will be stored for enjoyment at another dining venue. What if you prefer to take the open bottle back to your cabin? Anyone ever have an unfinished bottle :D that you were permitted to take with you? many thanks, Dianne

Good question , I would also like to know

Let me state that I havn't sailed Azamara yet, but, All other cruises, 7 with 4 different lines including 2 with Celebrity, have let me take my wine out of the dining room. I usally finish the bottle at one of the bars or at the show after dinner. I don't think that I have ever left a bottle, that is unless it was already empty. This is one of the nice things to us about cruising. Don't have to wait for the bill at the end of dinner and don't have to finish our bottle or drive. I usually see a few other people doing the same thing and we always tip our glass and bottle to each other.:p

Thanks again for your responses. I didn't think it would be a problem since the corkage would have been paid, but being a good Canadian I didn't want to break any rules. Looking forward to sharing a few bottles with fellow cruisers in Sept. Dianne

I've seen that Celebrity & Azamara allow passengers to bring aboard two bottles of wine per stateroom at the beginning of the voyage.

How about during the cruise? A couple of our tours will include wineries & we may want to buy some wine then; will we be permitted to bring it aboard during the cruise?

Peggy

When I spoke to Azamara rep, I was told wine purchased ashore will be taken when we reboard, and returned at the end of the voyage.

While this is true, and it is their official policy, when you board the ship and they see that you have bottles of liquor or wine they will ask you to step over to a small table where they will take your purchase and label it so that they can return it to you at the end of the cruise. If you step over to that table you are giving it up, if you keep on walking and proceed out of that area they will not chase you down. If however you find yourself faced with an over zealous employee you can always claim you didn't understand, and then fork it over. This is what we did on the Quest last year. We just ignored the "instruction". I was ready to play "dumb" but no one followed us.

We just returned from the journey, May 16-23, and bought a couple of bottles of wine in several ports with no problem. We just discretely put it in bags and no one ever said anything. I never saw anyone asked to give anything over to be held by the cruise line.:D

have never taken a part bottle with us, always ask to have it sent to where we are dining the next night and it is taken care of so dont worry

You do not actually have to tell them where you are dining the next evening. They store all the openned wine together marked with stateroom numbers and check on their computers to see if you have a reservation at Aqualina or Prime C and it is automatically delivered there. Otherwise they deliver it to Discoveries.

Sue

Hi: Azamara allows two bottles. We purchased two bottles in two different ports and were never questioned about them. We just had them in our backpack when we returned from our day trip. Also, our cabin had wine glasses and we enjoyed walking around the ship with our wine glasses. We also saw other guests with the same wine glasses, however, we always ordered wine when we went to the restaurants.

Archived