More Dining being rolled out

I'm assuming the new traditional times would have to affect everyone. However, my reservation still shows:

Dinner Seating: Traditional Dining 06:00 PM Seating, No Waitlists

I'm wondering if they're going to bump us into one of the other slots. I wouldn't want 5:30. The Main Seating at 6:00 is really a little early, but we've always liked being able to go from dinner to show and still have some evening left after the show is over. Even moving to 6:30 might make things tight if they don't shift the show schedules.

According to what I was told by RCCL today, flexible dining will be that you just show up at any time while MTD you should be telling them each night what time you want to dine. You are not held to that as you can change it but it helps them in planning.

I would imagine that with flexible dining you might have to wait. With MTD we go right in as it is posted on their reservation sheet and they were expecting us.

Honestly, on Serenade, we only made reservations the first night. After that, we showed up when we wanted. Only one night did we have to wait about 15 minutes, but we could care less about that. Loved MyTime, went to dinner anywhere from 7:15 to 8:30 every night. Never the same time, just when we felt like it.

Sounds like Flexible and My Time are all but the same thing. I predict that one or the other won't last -- there's really no need for two. If you can show up without making a reservation, why would anyone bother?

Sounds like Flexible and My Time are all but the same thing. I predict that one or the other won't last -- there's really no need for two. If you can show up without making a reservation, why would anyone bother?

There are people that want a set time and make a reservation in MTD. While I'm not one that intends to create a relationship with the wait staff, that is important to some people, so they want same table/same staff every night. I'm with you, tho, I'd rather not have a schedule, enuf of that at home! Just wanna eat when I'm hungry.

Of course, I don't care about the shows, either, which is another reason some would like a ressie so there is no waiting to be seated.

Flex will be Show Up, no ressie

MTD will be ressie of your choosing

Trad will be fixed times

There are people that want a set time and make a reservation in MTD. While I'm not one that intends to create a relationship with the wait staff, that is important to some people, so they want same table/same staff every night. I'm with you, tho, I'd rather not have a schedule, enuf of that at home! Just wanna eat when I'm hungry.

Of course, I don't care about the shows, either, which is another reason some would like a ressie so there is no waiting to be seated.

Flex will be Show Up, no ressie

MTD will be ressie of your choosing

Trad will be fixed times

If you read the document above... from what I understand, Flexible dining is the category of dining that holds MTD and Family Dining. MTD stays the same as it always has where you can have a reservation or not. There is no "option" of Flexible Dining.

If you read the document above... from what I understand, Flexible dining is the category of dining that holds MTD and Family Dining. MTD stays the same as it always has where you can have a reservation or not. There is no "option" of Flexible Dining.

Absolutely correct in my book.

I would really like the 6:30 time. When we were on the Independence, early dining was at 6-just a little too early. Does anyone know whether all ships have switched to the 4 dining times, with the second one being 6:30?

I think it is very interesting that some seatings start at 9:30. I wonder if it is a 'faster' service. Otherwise it will be between 10:30 and 11:00 when you get out. It seems you would miss a lot of the evenings entertainment.

Archived