Millenium April 26 Cruise facts as we saw and learned them

mollyvicto

We were on the Millenium's April 26-May 8 cruise to Hawaii. I admit we were a little concerned due to some of the unpleasant comments posted re the Millenium. But the good posts gave us the confidence to get on the ship with an open mind and to be honest about this post. Embarkation at Honolulu was a breeze, and from the moment we stepped aboard, we were treated with kindness, caring, cheerfulness, and an attitude of "glad to see you". Our stateroom, 9044, was spotless. No stains, no ripped carpeting or furniture. The bathroom was immaculate - no mold or mildew odors, plus our towels were always replaced and soft. The food was what we always remembered from our previous 13 Millenium cruises - it was delicious and plentiful. If a waiter or assistant waiter thought we didn't like something, they wanted to replace it, even though we left it only because we were too full to finish it. The Olympic Restaurant was the same as it always was - wonderful food and service. Yes, they still have the goat cheese soufle, and our Steak Diane was cooked to perfection at our table. During an afternoon show in the Celebrity Theater, one of the lights near the stage curtain blew out and caused a small fire up near the top of the curtain. It was put out within a couple of minutes, and because of their concern for the passengers, had everyone leave the theater. That same concert was held later in the evening. We couldn't understand where all the problems were that people were complaining about - the fact is we didn't see them and our vision is good.

Re: the drydock. We sat at the Captain's Table one night, and the officer sitting by me said that it is a total refurbishment of the ship's staterooms, public rooms, and dining areas on the 10th deck. I believe they're changing it to resemble the Solstice's setup - with stations all over the area, so there shouldn't be any lines. So, there will be new flat-screen TVs, new matresses with bedding, new draperies with new color schemes. It's already a beautiful ship, but when they get through with her, she's going to be outstanding. We plan to sail her again soon.

If you have any questions, we'd be glad to answer them.

We were on the Millenium's April 26-May 8 cruise to Hawaii. I admit we were a little concerned due to some of the unpleasant comments posted re the Millenium. But the good posts gave us the confidence to get on the ship with an open mind and to be honest about this post. Embarkation at Honolulu was a breeze, and from the moment we stepped aboard, we were treated with kindness, caring, cheerfulness, and an attitude of "glad to see you". Our stateroom, 9044, was spotless. No stains, no ripped carpeting or furniture. The bathroom was immaculate - no mold or mildew odors, plus our towels were always replaced and soft. The food was what we always remembered from our previous 13 Millenium cruises - it was delicious and plentiful. If a waiter or assistant waiter thought we didn't like something, they wanted to replace it, even though we left it only because we were too full to finish it. The Olympic Restaurant was the same as it always was - wonderful food and service. Yes, they still have the goat cheese soufle, and our Steak Diane was cooked to perfection at our table. During an afternoon show in the Celebrity Theater, one of the lights near the stage curtain blew out and caused a small fire up near the top of the curtain. It was put out within a couple of minutes, and because of their concern for the passengers, had everyone leave the theater. That same concert was held later in the evening. We couldn't understand where all the problems were that people were complaining about - the fact is we didn't see them and our vision is good.

Re: the drydock. We sat at the Captain's Table one night, and the officer sitting by me said that it is a total refurbishment of the ship's staterooms, public rooms, and dining areas on the 10th deck. I believe they're changing it to resemble the Solstice's setup - with stations all over the area, so there shouldn't be any lines. So, there will be new flat-screen TVs, new matresses with bedding, new draperies with new color schemes. It's already a beautiful ship, but when they get through with her, she's going to be outstanding. We plan to sail her again soon.

Thank you for your write-up. It's great to read such a positive report. We are on Millennium for 28 days, back-to-back in October, and were wondering what was going on when she went in for drydock. We also have been noting some of the more negative reports, but, like you, have already decided to just get on board, and judge for ourselves. Now, we will board with an even more positive attitude.:)

Thanks very much for your review. I'm very glad to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed the ship. We are sailing on her in September, and are looking forward to seeing the renovations!

Do you know when the dry dock is taking place?

Thank you for the wonderful news about about Millie's drydock. We are on the 1st cruise after drydock. Yes, we have been a little concerned about all the negative posts but now know not to worry. We'll make sure to leave her in great condition for all who sail after us.

Thanks for your review! We are really looking forward to our June cruise on Millie, can't wait to see what they've done during dry dock. No official announcement yet about the refurb/drydock, though, right?

HI

thanks for the reviews also

can you tell me did they have bands playing by the pool during the day

how many pools are there

what kind of music was played in the evening - were there people out and about inthe lounges at night or was it quiet

did they have a carribean night on top deck with the deck being totally decorated and music and food???

thanks for the replies

HI

how many pools are there

what kind of music was played in the evening - were there people out and about inthe lounges at night or was it quiet

did they have a carribean night on top deck with the deck being totally decorated and music and food???

thanks for the replies

Yes, there was a pool band - at the end of the afternoon on port days and early afternoon on sea days, weather permitting.

In the evening, there was a string quartet, a singing jazz pianist, a dance band and a cocktail singer.

No Caribbean night, but they had a Hawaiian night the night we overnighted on Maui.

Cosmos and Rendez Vous were sometimes busy. Cova Cafe moderately busy. Same with Michael's Club

- Bryan

HI

how many pools are there

thanks for the replies

You know NONE of these things sound like Celebrity type stuff. guess the band did play by the pool, but they had an Aussie BBQ when we were onboard Mille. IN Australia. My guess is to get Caribbean motif you prob. need be IN the Carib. They have 2 outside pools and 1 heated inside, like huge hot tub, I've heard in Alaska they don't use the outside pools but never been on to see. When we were aboard we did LOT of touring and it was very quiet at night, folks in bed by 11:30 or so.

Hi Baby:

The Rendevous Lounge had a quartet called the "Azure Quartet" which were a lot of fun and lots of good dancers on the floor. We went there for a drink before dinner each evening, and Maria, the singer, took requests. The Celebrity Singers and Dancers were the best we've seen, but they were leaving the ship and going their separate ways. We know you'll enjoy this wonderful experience.

MollyVicto

Hi Baby:

The Celebrity Singers and Dancers were the best we've seen, but they were leaving the ship and going their separate ways. MollyVicto

100% agree. Boogie Wonderland and iBroadway were 2 of the best production shows I have ever seen on a ship. Just incredible singing and dancing, and so well choreographed (sp).

100% agree. Boogie Wonderland and iBroadway were 2 of the best production shows I have ever seen on a ship. Just incredible singing and dancing, and so well choreographed (sp).

We also agree that the production shows were the best we have attended on our Celebrity sailings. In fact, we enjoyed them so much that we went to the performances on the second leg of our b2b as well. We actually "wanted" to see the same shows again!

Sandy

Question - are you presuming that the rooms will get new flat screen tv's or did they specifically state that? I know sometimes they update bedding but that does not necessarily translate to a complete make-over including tv's. Just wondering. thanks!:)

Our butler (8 year employee) and stateroom attendant told me that all cabins were getting new flat screen LCD TV's. The tv in our SS worked fine, but did look pretty old.

I dont think we will know anything for sure until the May 22nd folks get on board.

With this Solstice style buffet, are they keeping the sandwich/sushi bar?

Hi Seahawkfan !

They should remain, as they had Sandwich & Sushi (in the evening) stations on Solstice. As both stations are popular, I'd be shocked if they were removed. I hope this helps !

I was on the April 26th cruise to Vancouver. My 18th cruise with Celebrity ( a long way to go till I hit my 100th like one couple on the ship!)

Overall we loved the food (brunch, crape buffet and the olympic especially), ports and 5 days at sea. She is is good shape for a ship going into dry dock. The major issues were the running track on the top deck really needed re-surfacing and the poor fake orange trees in the aqua spa...I don't know if you can kill fake ones but they looked terrible!! Anyway I'm sure that will all change with the makeover along with new bedding and the rest.

Anyway to my point. I thought the 3 production shows were amoung the worst I have seen. They have only been onboard for 4 months but I wish they would bring back their old ones: Classique a Musical Odesey, Pure Platnom and a Touch of Broadway. Now don't get me wrong, the singers, dancers and musicians were wonderful but in my opinion didn't have much to work with. The previous shows had lavish sets, costumes, a story line and really utilized the technology of the theatre. The new shows used the same set for all three. They were more like musical reviews than a production with few props and set changes. I will never forget seeing previously the scenes for Les Mis where they build a full baracade or in the Phantom of the Opera with a moving boat etc. I saw those shows probably 6 times each and would watch them again. The new ones unfortuantly as a production were not up to par in my opinion.

Having said that, a cruise is a lot more that the production shows and Celebrity is my favourite cruise line!

Archived