Mexican Riviera Cruise -- Which Ship?

AirGorilla

Greetings Folks --

I am planning to go on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera in June 2010. The choice is very simple: Carnival Splendor or RCCL Mariner of the Seas.

Has anyone here been on both these cruises, and can you please provide some comparison for me?

If it matters, my DW and I are early 60's, and our two travelmates, our daughters are early 30's.

Thanks very much for your perspectives!!

Yes, I'm posting this inquiry on both boards.

AG

Thanks to all the posters on the Carnival board who took the time to answer my inquiry. I am leaning to the Mariner of the Seas, mainly because we are in our early 60's, and it may be a slightly better fit for us.

Happy sails to all --

AG

AG,

I have done 6 RCI and 5 CCL, with a few others mixed in. My last 4 have been on Carnival (3 on Spirit). I was booked on the Mariner for Oct 2009, but because my 24yo daughter is paying her own way this time, switched over to the Splendor and saved $200 per person. I'm going to be 58 in a few days and I think after the last few cruises, Carnival is just a better match for me. We have a very lively and fun Roll Call going and I'm really glad I made the switch. But, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

If you could swing another time of the year when the Spirit wasn't doing Alaska, I would choose that one over the other 2. But then again, I love the extra day.

Thanks to all the posters on the Carnival board who took the time to answer my inquiry. I am leaning to the Mariner of the Seas, mainly because we are in our early 60's, and it may be a slightly better fit for us.

Happy sails to all --

AG

Either one you can't loose........although I picked the Mariner:D

Archived