A few Pearl questions/ Alaska, especially those that sailed 5/10/09

judyf

<snipped>

A limo ride from a hotel near the Space Needle to Pier 66 is what...about a 5 minute drive....35 DOLLARS?!!!!! :eek: That's highway robbery :eek:

2) I didn't rent a car while in Seattle. From SeaTac to hotel near the Space Needle by taxi was ~$40. From my hotel near the Space Needle to SeaTac by limo was $35. From hotel near Space Needle to Pier 66 by limo was $35. From Pier 66 to hotel near Space Needle by taxi was $6. Limo had a $35 minimum charge. It was actually cheaper to use the limo to and from SeaTac.

<snipped>

A limo ride from a hotel near the Space Needle to Pier 66 is what...about a 5 minute drive....35 DOLLARS?!!!!! :eek: That's highway robbery :eek:

It sure was. But the same limo to SeaTac from the same hotel was much cheaper than taking a taxi.

Which I also thought was unbelieveable!

Taking the limo from the hotel to the pier was just an experiment. Note, I took the taxi and limo for both local travel jumps in Seattle.

We leave for the Pearl in 10 days! I contacted the concierge at the Hilton where we are staying post-cruise to inquire about taxi rates to the hotel and she indicated it would be between $7 to $9 to go the one mile to the hotel.

I was planning to handle arranging my own car service, but after speaking with the concierge at the Hilton and the desk clerk at the Embassy where we are staying the other two nights, they both assured me they would handle that for us (and it was the same as the best rate I found doing my own search).

1. Announcements are on Channel 24

7. Most everyone was very casual. Anything that isn't jeans or shorts will be fine.

It was a great cruise and we are planning another one. Have fun!

Just to clarify - jeans are always allowed in the smaller of the two main dining rooms every night. The larger main dining room indicates no jeans during evenings, but that may or may not be enforced depending on the hostess.

That will change between now and then. At least four times. :p

Seattle area weather is notoriously unpredictable.

Yep :D How about lightening on the Space Needle a few times?

http://www.komonews.com/weather/blog/45502097.html

THIS is cool...look at all those gray clouds ;)

I used to live in Seattle. i do NOT miss the rainy, cloudy days.

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/images/webcam0/movies/20090519.mov

Yep :D How about lightening on the Space Needle a few times?

http://www.komonews.com/weather/blog/45502097.html

THIS is cool...look at all those gray clouds ;)

I used to live in Seattle. i do NOT miss the rainy, cloudy days.

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/images/webcam0/movies/20090519.mov

We are coming to Seattle for our first visit. I am hoping against hope for no rain - maybe even... aghast.. sunshine! ;)

Just to clarify - jeans are always allowed in the smaller of the two main dining rooms every night. The larger main dining room indicates no jeans during evenings, but that may or may not be enforced depending on the hostess.

Both of the dining rooms have the same sign saying no shorts or tank tops. There is no mention of jeans. This was as of last week and there were several wearing jeans in both dining rooms.

I will say I plan to wear Jeans to the dining room on this Alaska cruise. I NEVER wear Jeans in the dining room on other cruises BUT flying from the east coast for an Alaska cruise and a few days pre and post in Seatlle, you betcha I'm wearing them this cruise. One reason I booked on NCL.

Both of the dining rooms have the same sign saying no shorts or tank tops. There is no mention of jeans. This was as of last week and there were several wearing jeans in both dining rooms.

I'm very glad to hear this. Last fall when we were on the Gem they were being pretty strict with the "No Jeans" in the larger of the two dining rooms. I don't think we paid attention on the Star in February - but with already having to pack more for the Alaska weather it is nice they are allowing jeans in both dining rooms. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Pearl on Sunday and everyone was qwearing jeans in the dining rooms. Gotta love M+NCL. I was so happy not to have to pack cloths for dinner this cruise.

Go casual and have fun.

Archived