~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

I was just browsing over all the stuff you put together for seattle, and kitsap county, Im like hey! thats me and where I grew up the last 40 years, and you folks are all flying in to see it.... made me feel sort of proud for a moment.... I have bittersweet feelings about blake Island...if any of you read about that tour....my gramps was always into boating, and we would go to blake island every year, and he would give us his personal tour....and it was the same exact tour every year.....deer poop investigations and all. it got to the point where I dreaded that trip....but looking back, those times were priceless....I only wish cruise critic was around 10 years ago, I would have loved to do this alaskan cruise with my grandparents..

Still here just a really busy week.

We thought we talked 2 more friends into coming but as of Friday night it didn't look like it would happen.

We are looking at some haunted ghost tours in Seattle and Victoria. That stuff totally facinates me so will do alot of research and pick the right ones.

I hope everyone enjoys there Sunday.!!!

Hey Gang, just stopping in to say hello. I like the Long sleeve shirt idea. Count us in on that when the time comes. :)

I can’t wait to get our airline tickets. I keep seeing on the news where they are going to be raising prices soon. Looks as tho you have to wait 330 days from your return date to purchase them when you purchase round trip. More waiting:rolleyes:

Anyway, hope everyone has a great and safe week:)

Hey Gang, just stopping in to say hello. I like the Long sleeve shirt idea. Count us in on that when the time comes. :)

I can’t wait to get our airline tickets. I keep seeing on the news where they are going to be raising prices soon. Looks as tho you have to wait 330 days from your return date to purchase them when you purchase round trip. More waiting:rolleyes:

Anyway, hope everyone has a great and safe week:)

Yes, I heard that too, so I am going to grab them as soon as we get to 330 mark. About 3 more weeks now!

Hot, Hot, Hot here! If it is not raining it is so HOT!

Yes, I heard that too, so I am going to grab them as soon as we get to 330 mark. About 3 more weeks now!

Tomorrow is day 330 until we cruise....so depending on your return flight, we're looking at about 10 more days. :D For two weeks prior to May 9, my flights are pricing at $240...a little less than I budgeted for. More money for DOD's!! :D :D

So, everyone needs to keep their eyes open for prices on flights in about 7 to 10 days or so. I have to fly back the same day, since I am using my leave time before the cruise. And it looks like I am going to have to drive anywhere from 2 to 4 hours to get a decent price on a flight. We have an airport but they are usually $50 higher which I would pay - but right now they are showing about $100 higher plus meaning a later flight into Seattle.

Kathi is trying to get a group going in February 2011, sounds that a fun time you might want to go check it out. Escape the Winter Blue's

I checked on us getting a room for a Meet and Greet with Carnival and Johna. Both seemed to think it would be no problem, just need to remind her in January. I had two people sign up on Friday but are not into the internet very much so I will have to get you their names Kathi so you can add them to our list. One is Susan, but I have to get her friends name - that is traveling with her. First cruise for both!

Well, its been a fun weekend off. Back to work today.

I checked the airline. I did the week before and so far, it would be 348.00 PP roundtrip. Should be able to calculate our trip next week. I still haven't figured out what Hotel to choose. Not sure of the area and what a good choice would be. I want one where there will be things to do around the hotel.

Hi gang...Long time no talk! Here is what happened with me....My Anniversary is the week after you cruise...(the 20th) My husband could get off work that week easier, AND the rate was considerably cheaper. So hubby made me switch to that date!:( So bad as I hate it, I won't be with you all....I hope you will still let me pop in and chat from time to time! I love your excitement and advice! :D

Just checked again and yes, it has gone up, over $500 out of Roanoke, only $250 out of Baltimore, but then you have to pay parking and hotel. Lynchburg (45 minutes away) is only $30 more than Greensboro and might can leave car at daughter's in-laws. I looked and Charolette (sp) is still higher. The QI rate is under $100 and you can cancel if you find cheaper. Says you can walk to Spaceneedle and the monorail is also close by to take you downtown.

Nutty, we will miss you we were looking forward to meeting you!

Hi everyone. Nutty--were gonna miss ya, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!!;)

Cheri - I wasn't sure about a hotel either, but I went ahead and booked at the QI on John St. You have up to the day before your arrival to cancel with no penalty. They are still offering "AAA" and "Mature Traveler Rates" (depending if you or Dan are over 50) for around $90 a night.

Morning. I am off today so its going to rain as usual. We have a 90% chance of rain today. Sounds like we have the same forecast Annette. I am so tired of rain!

I am going to book QI this morning. Sounds good and close to everything. I am going to book under the Mature one. We are both 49 but turn 50 in Jan. I am 7 days older then Dan :p

WOOHOO!!! 330 days until cruise date. Only another week until I can start looking at airfare! Gotta love it!

Played around with priceline a little bit this morning, just out of curiousity. Bids up to $95 for 4 stars were denied :(. I'm not surprised though, I think it's way too early for that.

Small chance of rain all week here in the desert. Very unusual! Temps are close 95-100 degrees, humidity only 8%. If you consider that better weather, I guess I got it. Hopefully I can steal some of that rain from you guys!

Hi everyone,

For the ones booked that at the group rate, I just compared our rate to what going now and we are still less than what is offered by $12 - $25 before the OBC. Since our rate includes the goverment fees. Their published rates do not include those fees, and we are 4b and 8b not 4a or 8a.

If anyone see it lower let me know and I will contact Johna to see if we can take advange of the lower rate.

I tried priceline for the airfare today but nothing there yet either ...about 6 more days.

BUT, hey we are under the 330 mark!

Jenny, you still around.....everything OK, haven't seen you on the thread in awhile?

Hey everyone!!!!!! Our weather has finally turned warm. It is about time.

Going to look into flying into Vancouver, that way I can get a direct flight but will have to check out the train into Seattle.

Off to do some more research

Going to look into flying into Vancouver, that way I can get a direct flight but will have to check out the train into Seattle.

Just for fun (can you tell I'm bored??:rolleyes:) I pulled up the flights from ONT to YVR and they were ridiculously expensive!!:eek: Then I pulled up ONT to SEA and they were 1/2 of the cost and a few were nonstop. The flights from PBI to SEA are still running $198 plus tax. I budgeted $250, so hopefully they'll stay.

Archived