~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Jack, we're gonna miss you! (Opps, I meant Roy...) :o Only kidding!!! We're sorry to loss you to those Splendor people, but we understand. Have a great time and maybe you'll be in town precruise to join us for a drink.

Good morning my fellow cruisers!!!!

Sorry been MIA again, summers are just crazy to try and keep up with online stuff. I use to be able to post from work but I have a new office and my computer isn't as "hidden" from noisey eyes as it once was:(

Hope all is going well. THere is new hope that another one of our friends will be joinning us, first attemps seemed to crash and burn but last night we got a bit if hope. I do hope they can join us, great, funny, friendly people they will fit right in.

Have a super day all

Kim

Good morning. Sorry to see you leave Roy but we'll have a drink for ya during sail away :D Enjoy your cruise!

Been busy running errands and all that good stuff. I am needing a new camera and Allen from another thread I go to reccomended 1 for me. Reading up on it. Think i'll go with that 1. It sounds great and has a good zoom :D

Good morning my fellow cruisers!!!!

Sorry been MIA again, summers are just crazy to try and keep up with online stuff. I use to be able to post from work but I have a new office and my computer isn't as "hidden" from noisey eyes as it once was:(

Hope all is going well. THere is new hope that another one of our friends will be joinning us, first attemps seemed to crash and burn but last night we got a bit if hope. I do hope they can join us, great, funny, friendly people they will fit right in.

Have a super day all

Kim

Kim, Hope your friends can join us!

Cheri, What type of camera were thinking of getting.

I am looking at the Fuji S-1500. Allen suggests a 18x zoom. It was hard to find 1 like that but they also make a 12x zoom. It sounds nice.

Work was not fun tonight. I was there 5 hours. I spent 3 1/2 hours answering the phone and working the fitting room :eek: I was tired and don't wanna see another phone!

My camera is not complicated it just one of those point and shoot. It is Olympus FE-310with only a 5x zoom - 8px, then my old camera is a Minolta Dimage F300 - I guess I will bring them both. They both eat batteries. Both take digital videos, I will bring the mini laptop so I can down load cards, since I know that we will take lots of pics.

My daughter and her husband take some professional pictures so they both have a good camera with different lenses so I guess I will count on them for the better pics.

OFFICIAL ~ SPIRITing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun

on

May 11, 2010. ~ OFFICIAL

Special $25.00 Deposit for a limited time. Join US!

This is the first R/T for the Spirit out of Seattle ~

Join us for this special event!

CRUISE INTINERARY

Tue Seattle, Washington 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu Cruise Tracy Arm

Fri Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sat Juneau, Alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Sun Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

Mon Victoria, British Columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

Tue Seattle, Washington 7:00 am

Deposit Info

A reduced deposit is available for double occupancy $25 per person, guarantee cabins until July 6, 2009 - (I will be requesting an extension) The full per person deposit of $350 is required for all singles, triples, quads, suite and ocean view staterooms. The second deposit of $325 per person is due November 13, 2009 for those who book at the reduced deposit. The final payment for the group is due January 22, 2010. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

*Your Cruise Critic Group Cruise Includes:

$100 per cabin on board credit

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar(One per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (One per stateroom)

15% Discount on all other Cruise Critic Logowear

All Port Charges, Taxes, and Fees

Please let us know if you want to join our awesome goofy group!

IM000347.jpg

Can you imagine waking up to that! JOIN US!

Contact Annette for pricing or any questions. Member Cruise Info or Member Cruise Folder

LASt CALL for reduced Deposit!

Another hot day! Looks like rain but none in the forecast.

Checked flights. Still holding at the same price. Not sure when to buy them yet.

Off to work. I have the 2-11 shift today and tomorrow :( My day off was fast yesterday.

I hope everyone has a SUPER 4th of JULY and remember why we may be off and celebrarting! Remember those that help us keep out freedom!

Cat Show this weekend, not showing but my Club sponsoring so will be helping out!

Happy 4th everyone!

Just got home from movies and lunch. We won free tickets to the new Ice Age movie. Me~Dan~3 daughters~son-in-law and grandson went. It was to CUTE! I'de watch it again.

Off to work soon. At least I get paid for working then holiday pay :D

Happy 4th everyone!

Just got home from movies and lunch. We won free tickets to the new Ice Age movie. Me~Dan~3 daughters~son-in-law and grandson went. It was to CUTE! I'de watch it again.

Off to work soon. At least I get paid for working then holiday pay :D

Wow Cheri, Didn't realize you had four children! I took the girls out for some school shopping, got them new shoes and clothes. Becca says they dress like grunge, with holes in their jeans and such - so what I bought is probably not what they wear in TN. Boy, do I feel old!

Went by the cat show, said "Hi" to a couple of friends and donated to the rescue groups.

Then had left over chicken, regrilled - but still yummy and watched fireworks for the second night with the girls. Oh, also had Strawberry short cake.....It was yummy too!

There were lots of whales this year in the reviews that were done! We are hoping on going on whale watching in one of the ports. Hope you can join us! Tomorrow is the last day for reduced deposit! So, call Johna and join us!

Good Sunday afternoon to you all.

Sorry I have been MIA again. Life just gets so busy sometimes.

Been spending alot of time looking at excursions, I think DH has decided to do his floatplane in Ketchikan to see the Misty Fjords. I think I am going to do the AKduck tour, looks kinda cool. Juneau, we are just planning on going to Mendenhall(sp) Glacier and watching around town. Skagway we are doing the White Pass Train but not sure to what point. We would like to do the train up and the bus back so will have to do some more investigating.

Have you all been checking out excursions? Found anything interesting???

Good Sunday afternoon to you all.

Sorry I have been MIA again. Life just gets so busy sometimes.

Been spending alot of time looking at excursions, I think DH has decided to do his floatplane in Ketchikan to see the Misty Fjords. I think I am going to do the AKduck tour, looks kinda cool. Juneau, we are just planning on going to Mendenhall(sp) Glacier and watching around town. Skagway we are doing the White Pass Train but not sure to what point. We would like to do the train up and the bus back so will have to do some more investigating.

Have you all been checking out excursions? Found anything interesting???

I think summer is busy for everyone. I am not sure what I want to do yet. I am hoping we can do the the duck at Seattle, it sounds like a fun way to get to see some of the city.

I know I am not going to do a float plane. Elmer wants to do the train in Skagway, I tm still thinking on renting a car. I would love to do some type of whale watching if possible.

Did you firgure out when you were going to get your passport renewed?

We've been talking about renting a car or van in Skagway. If it's just Phil and I then we'll get a car, but if a few of us want to go in together, then we'll get a van. There is an online guide (murraysguide dot com) that takes you from Skagway to Emerald Lake and on to Whitehorse it you want to drive that far.

As for the other stops, we're not sure. I'd love to surprise Phil with some type of fishing excursion. Or we might just do the Bering Sea Crab Fishermans Tour in Ketchikan. This is the one that you go out on the Aleutian Ballard, the same vessel from the "Deadliest Catch" program.

Hey all. Hope you had a good holiday weekend!

We're fishing in Ketchikan, hopefully both whalewatching and a helicopter tour in Juneau, but I'm not sure we'll have time for both! If not, then the helicopter tour is a priority. Renting a car in Skagway, using murray's guide to emerald lake. Believe it or not, I already booked a few of them (fishing and whalewatching). Have to wait til the beginning of next year for the rest.

Not sure what we're going to do in Seattle yet. I'd love to do the duck tour, but I don't think DH is into it. We'll definitely check out Pike Place and probably take the ferry to Bremerton (my parents lived there when my dad was in the navy) or to Bainbridge Island (seems to be more to do there).

Should find out this week when we'll be moving out of here! Can't wait!!!!

We can't renew our passports apparently until we are within the 6 month window so have to wait a bit still. Hope we don't have any problems getting them back in time.

All excursions sound so interesting hard to just pick one. Wish we where in some ports longer so we can do more.

What side of the ship is everyone on? We are on the starboard side.

Wish we where in some ports longer so we can do more.

I agree with you there! It really stinks, this years Spirit cruises are in most ports until the evening. We leave in the early afternoon for almost all of them. I guess the roundtrips have less time to stay.

We've been talking about renting a car or van in Skagway. If it's just Phil and I then we'll get a car, but if a few of us want to go in together, then we'll get a van. There is an online guide (murraysguide dot com) that takes you from Skagway to Emerald Lake and on to Whitehorse it you want to drive that far.

As for the other stops, we're not sure. I'd love to surprise Phil with some type of fishing excursion. Or we might just do the Bering Sea Crab Fishermans Tour in Ketchikan. This is the one that you go out on the Aleutian Ballard, the same vessel from the "Deadliest Catch" program.

Neat program Kathi, just watched it yesterday, it was so amazing. I am still leaning toward the car or Van rental thing myself. We are in Skakway most of the day. And if several are leaning that way it would be great to stay sort of together in case anything happened!

Morning. Sunny here today to, for now :D

I am finally OFF! I am tired and happy to do nothing today. Going to the movies with my daughter and 2 grandkids this morning. Its a summer thing here for kids. $3.00 a person and that includes popcorn and a drink.

I am still undecided on excursions here. I am clueless on what were going to do. I know whale watching is a must. I found a thread before that tells about it. Its not a carnival excursion tho. I forget who its with tho. I should of saved it because it will take me forever to find it again. Maybe it was with someone called Captain Jack or Pete. I forget :(

Yup Annette, I have 3 girls. 4 kids total! On my facebook Jessica~Shana~Christina are my daughters.

Hi,

Just checked airline prices from Greensboro....still no change. I was reading flight tips and it said to really watch the weight of your bags and it may be wise to pay for two rather than overweight on the one. Also, to pay the baggage cost online is cheaper than in person.

I am still undecided on excursions here. I am clueless on what were going to do. I know whale watching is a must. I found a thread before that tells about it. Its not a carnival excursion tho. I forget who its with tho. I should of saved it because it will take me forever to find it again. Maybe it was with someone called Captain Jack or Pete. I forget :(

I think I remember seeing the same thread. Didn't one of the guys from the Animal Planet or Discovery Channel go out on the boat to see whales? If it's the same, they had awesome write ups and weren't expensive.

Just found the website:Captain Jack

Archived