~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

I think I remember seeing the same thread. Didn't one of the guys from the Animal Planet or Discovery Channel go out on the boat to see whales? If it's the same, they had awesome write ups and weren't expensive.

Just found the website:Captain Jack

There is also another link our group folder area under Juneau, I will add Capt Larry to the folder also

July 9th....wahoooooo 10 months today and my family and I will be starting our trek to the west. Wow time has really gone by quickly since I originally booked.

Have a few other things on the go before May that are keeping me busy. New York City next month and my Goofy Marathon at Disneyworld in January.

I would love to do the van rental thing but being a Canadian we could only take the vehicle so far. I think we are going to do the excursion that takes the train up and the bus back. Just trying to decide how far up to go. Do you think you miss alot if you only do the 3.5 hour excursion???

Good Morning,

I take the girls back to TN tomorrow. Hard to believe it has already been 4 weeks!

I think by doing both the train and the bus you will be getting a little more variety. I havn't really had much time to research it lately, between the girls and work. !

Wow time sure does fly. Safe trip tomorrow.

I have only checked out prices, not really what each excursion offers.

I don't think we will do any carnival excursions, I will probably just book them privately

Thanks for the advice, we actually spend a day crusing Tracy Arm.

I am not sure Cruise Critic allows us to post direct links to products for sale on the general boards.

FYI - Everyone, it seems this same post was listed on several threads today.

I would love to do the van rental thing but being a Canadian we could only take the vehicle so far. I think we are going to do the excursion that takes the train up and the bus back. Just trying to decide how far up to go. Do you think you miss alot if you only do the 3.5 hour excursion???

I'm not up on the legalities of passports and crossing boarders, but if one of us "yanks" rented the van, would you be able to ride as our passenger?

Thanks for the advice, we actually spend a day crusing Tracy Arm.

I am not sure Cruise Critic allows us to post direct links to products for sale on the general boards.

FYI - Everyone, it seems this same post was listed on several threads today.

Opps!! :eek: Did I cause a problem by posting the link? :confused::confused:

Opps!! :eek: Did I cause a problem by posting the link? :confused::confused:

Yikes, did I miss something also???? Why where we on different threads?

Thanks Kathi, ya I believe we would be able to do that kind of excursion, but I believe I will have my in-laws with me and I think they want to do the train, my DSIL, who is here....just doesn't seem to be posting;) Did it last year and thought it was amazing!!!

Glad we have 10 months to figure it out:D

Yikes, did I miss something also???? Why where we on different threads?

Sorry guys for any confusing, it seemed someone slamed the boards with a link to buy a video on Tracy Arm - she hit 42 different threads with the same message. So, when they removed it --it looked like I was responding to the one of you which was not true. Oh course I didn't see any video on Tracy Arm, just an independent film site selling DVD. So, I was trying to be polite and tell her they didn't allow that type of thing, but it does look like the moderators found it and zapped it. So then my comments have no releverence, just talking to the air! Have a GREAT day, off to return the girls to TN!

Good cloudy morning. Another cloudy day with rain on the way.

Been super busy again. Another LONG day/night at work today. I am actually off 3 days in a row next week. Going to get my grandson 2 of those days.

I've been checking flights. Still staying steady at 314.00 PP. I do like it now tho that I can pick a early arrival and choose 2:15pm as my time home. Bad part there is it gets back at 11:59pm :eek: Still would rather pick that 1 then try to leave earlier and risk missing the flight!

Thanks Annette, I was thinking I did something wrong:D Safe travels to you today!!!

Purple...sorry still having a hard time remembering names. I am having the same problem, I can get a flight at 11:30 but since we are a group of 6 travelling together and 2 of those being DH's parents, I don't want them to have to rush to catch a flight so we will be leaving in the mid afternoon as well.

I would like to book my flights now, but worried about them changing flight schedules, also I want to wait and see what SW has to offer but of course no flight stuff for them for a few months. I hope I don't regret waiting.

Thanks Annette, I was thinking I did something wrong:D Safe travels to you today!!!

Purple...sorry still having a hard time remembering names. I am having the same problem, I can get a flight at 11:30 but since we are a group of 6 travelling together and 2 of those being DH's parents, I don't want them to have to rush to catch a flight so we will be leaving in the mid afternoon as well.

I would like to book my flights now, but worried about them changing flight schedules, also I want to wait and see what SW has to offer but of course no flight stuff for them for a few months. I hope I don't regret waiting.

I just heard something on the news that there is fixin to be a major air price battle......they seem to think prices are gonna be dropping.....hope its true

Does anyone know how far our hotel is to the port???

Does anyone know what terminal Carnival is going to use? I used google maps and came up with the following:

QI to pier 66 is about 1 mile.

QI to pier 91 is about 2.5 miles.

Space Needle is about .25 miles.

Pikes Place Public Market is about 1.25 miles.

Bainbridge & Bremerton Ferry terminal is about 2 miles.

Phil and I just got home from dinner and all we talked about was the cruise!! :D

Does anyone know what terminal Carnival is going to use? :D

It hasn't been formally announced yet, but info on the West Coast Departure boards suggest it'll be docking at Pier 91. HAL and Princess, both Carnival affiliated, both dock there, so it's pretty certain that Carnival will as well.

It hasn't been formally announced yet, but info on the West Coast Departure boards suggest it'll be docking at Pier 91. HAL and Princess, both Carnival affiliated, both dock there, so it's pretty certain that Carnival will as well.

Of course it'll be the pier furthest away!! :rolleyes: But then again, I'd walk 2.5 miles to go on an Alaskan cruise!!! :D

Hi,

Back from taking the girls back home, stopped at the Scrapbook clearance store. Got us some sheets of paper, including Washington State page. I got around 10 sheets, I don't know how many will be interested in the Scrapbook sessions.

I also heard Pier 91 for Spirit next year. But, really 2.5 miles is not that far!

Hi,

Back from taking the girls back home, stopped at the Scrapbook clearance store. Got us some sheets of paper, including Washington State page. I got around 10 sheets, I don't know how many will be interested in the Scrapbook sessions.

I also heard Pier 91 for Spirit next year. But, really 2.5 miles is not that far!

Yes, I was in Pigeon Forge and thinking about ALASKA! The hotel had a wonderful heated pool and I was thinking if I was on the SPIRIT they could open that roof and let the sunshine in. The pool was like bathwater and totaly enclosed, but no beuatiful ocean :confused: I guess I have the ALASKA bug, can't wait!

Googled it and it looks like it's one of the terminals at Pier 91. Here: http://www.portseattle.org/news/press/2009/02_02_2009_01.shtml

Thanks for the info!

Pier 91 is supposed to be the newer port, so hopefully the better one! I think they are going to give the new Round Trip out of Seattle a good send off. Which is why it may be a good thing to have our room reserved! So, I think a lot of us are already one step ahead!

I may be crazy but actually bought my first Christmas Present while in TN. I also finished my grandson's book of pictures of Alaska tonight. I made him a picture scrapbook of the things he will see in Alaska, then when we take our own he can take out those pics and add his own. He loves books!

Good Morning. I am finally OFF! I have 3 days off from work. I need them :D

I have my grandson yesterday thru Wed. Were going to McDonalds later for lunch. Gonna grab lunch and take it to the park for a picnic then let him play.

I can't wait until we are in single digits for the cruise!! I was talking about it at work last night!

Archived