~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Hey all. Been busy. This is day 6 in a row for work. Had the 2 grandkids friday-sunday to. Been a little busy. I need to catch up. I need to look at that Seattle thread!

You really need to check out the link a few messages back. Just tried to make it easier and put all the links on one page. It is for information only, not a blog or anything. Need to go look at Cruise fellow dot com, havn't been there in awhile.

Well we have to do the train, but want to do something else too, looking at combo's.

Looking at rates to the airport and back, transportation in Seattle is expensive! Free bus downtown, but to the airport and pier ....about $45 - $50. Hotel has good reviews on the West coast port threads.

I have been bad, looking at everything, done little work the last two days, will have to pay for it and work even harder the rest of the week.

I know I seem to go in spurts and can't do anything but plan, then I get off it for a bit. I am just so excited about going to Alaska and since we are traveling with 6 other family members it is going to be some special memories.

I am definaltey looking at the haunted tours in Seattle and Victoria....I am sort of a paranormal nut and these are apparently some of the most haunted areas in NA. Can't wait

Ya the only things I have really heard about Victoria is some....bourchart or something like that gardens, since it will be light out till later, we might check that out first. There is a also a pub crawl that they do but not sure if that is something I want to do the night before I get off the ship and have to deal with a full day of travel:eek:

I hear you there. Click on te General Info tab under my siggy to get some general info links. Your family may find that interesting since they don't want to chat per say. My daughter is the same way, but she did enjoy looking at some of the links.

Thanks, i have been giving them as much info as I can.

Maureen was posting for a bit but she has disappeared....will try and get her back. My other sister-in-law doesn't post here and I did mention the site, maybe next time they are over I will get her to make a user name and start chatting.

Can we go now!!!

They would just keep this one as the main one. We also have our folders, they wouldn't be touched. I need to write Ron at the Whale's Tail and find out how he did it. THIS is the FINAL main board THREAD! Better get off to work....Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Perfect,....I would hate to miss anything :)

I will help keep a eye on the roll call threads cause people will probably also post there and stir them in our direction....the more the merrier!!!

Thanks Kim, That would be GREAT!

Good Morning fellow cruisers!

We have booked, so please add another step family to your list.

I am Dana and hopefully will be traveling with 6 possibly more if they get the excitement bug. (Which I am happy to say is contagious, and I have been spreading it around.)

So far only confirmed booked are my MIL & FIL, whom are both great fun! (though you won't find them on the boards)

RVman - I thought you were my FIL, lol. He travels around with the moniker RVDude, and currently his "residence" is in Florida with us, but he has been out on the road for a while loving his RV.

We will be staying in his RV while in Seattle, so lucky me - no hotel! We will be doing our Seattle touristy thing after the cruise, so you will all have to tell me what things you did, and liked about Seattle.

That's probably enough to start me off in the group - as you can see I'm a rambler...

Kim - We picked late dining, and are wait-listed. We might regret this though as I noticed the sunset would be right while we are eating...

Sorry Dana I think I called you Kathy:o

I thought sunset would be a little later??? Oh well I can hope for a window seat....lol I just can't wait. I love cruising and have looked forward to Alaska for many years. One of my DSIL and DBIL are first time cruisers and first timers are always so much fun.

Are you coming in before the cruise? We are all staying, well I think most of us are staying at the Quality Inn on John St if you are interstred

It's okay, I know it was confusing with my signature, so I updated it. I also added a link to my 1st cruise scrapbook, because I read some of you on this thread are really into scrapping.

We haven't booked our flight in just yet, (we were a little late on booking the cruise - seeing how much action the threads are getting so soon.) but we will most likely come in on Saturday or Sunday prior.

We will be staying at the RV with the inlaws, as that is free for us! woohoo - more money for the cruise! Keep me updated on the pre-cruise meet up, not sure we will be able to go, but if we can we will! We may be about an hour outside of seattle, depending...

I just looked up sunrise/sunset times in Skagway the times reported for this year was Sunrise: 4:36am & Sunset: 9:18pm - if Dinner is at 8:15, and only takes an hour we might see it dip down, but I think it's fair to say I won't be catching many sunsets... On the bright side, I live in Florida the sunshine state, and the sunsets really are magical. Usually when I'm up north it's been my experience that the sunset doesn't really make a big impact because usually the sun has dipped behind clouds that make everything grey long before sunset. I have a feeling the really magical part of this cruise will be the sunrise. Though I'm not sure I will be able to make it up and dressed for a sunrise of 4:36 local time, as that would be just after midnight on my time. I don't know if my internal clock is going to make that adjustment nicely...

I did book the inside stateroom, so it really doesn't matter when I sleep it will feel like night time. I was so appreciative for this as on the last cruise we would wake early for our excursion (usually catching the sunrise on our tv), then be so exhausted from all the activities we would take a little nap before we got ready for dinner. I loved the naps, I need another cruise soon just to get the mid-day naps!!!

...Rambling again - why didn't someone stop me :) <going to check out all those folders Annette has set up for us>

Sorryy I think I misunderstood. We have the early dining and should be done in time for sunsets cause there isn't much of a chance of me catching a sun rise....lol

You just ramble on.....I love chatting with future cruise friends. Just helps make it that more exciting.

Annette must be busy at work today as I believe she is the top poster on our thread.....I seem to come and go....

I use to be able to post alot but my office configuration changed and my computer is now visable to all so hard to catch moments I know there is no one around to catch me....lol

Hi Dana and Welcome, we need some rambling as you see I have been talking to myself a bunch trying to keep the board front page. We have step cruisers and then group booked cruisers. We try to treat everyone the same.....don't really know which is which. We have to be a group to get the group folders and will help when it time to get meeting rooms on board the ship - I will start requested space in Jan. Have to have 8 booked thru the group to get things from them so I have been told. So, if you get your friends to book you might tell them to check out the group rate with Johna, we are less than all others right now!

I wondered where RV went, he was hear and then we havn't heard in awhile. But being summer I firgured several people are traveling. Jenny and Steve have been real quiet too. Kathy is in Florida also. She is our Gator Fan, so where in Florida? I went to HS in Florida but am not a gator fan. Just wondering if I am the minority here.

Kathy will update our list probably after summer winds down. Kathy is our scrapbook expert and I do more digital now than paper, but love both. I sneak on the computer at work when I get a chance. I know what Kim means...It is sometimes hard to sneak on!

Looks like I am rambling now!

I wondered where RV went, he was hear and then we havn't heard in awhile. But being summer I firgured several people are traveling. Jenny and Steve have been real quiet too. Kathy is in Florida also. She is our Gator Fan, so where in Florida? I went to HS in Florida but am not a gator fan. Just wondering if I am the minority here.

Kathy will update our list probably after summer winds down. Kathy is our scrapbook expert and I do more digital now than paper, but love both.

First off--welcome Dana (& Heather and the rest of your group)!!:D It's great to have more and more joining. What I love about this group, is that you choose the level of being involved. Some just lurk while others jump right in and splash around! I have a cruise spreadsheet on yahoo. I'm trying to keep it current, but I think I forgot to add someone a week or so ago. I'll add you and Heather and your in-laws.

Dana - looked at your cruise album. Nice job!! I had to stop and look to figure out how you did the Capers page. It's really cute....I think I'll have to "scrap-lift" it.:rolleyes:

Second off--I am a SEMINOLE fan!! GO NOLES!! In my opinion...the only thing a gator is good for, is to swim in the Everglades!! (I just had to throw in a little college rivalry.):p

First off--welcome Dana (& Heather and the rest of your group)!!:D It's great to have more and more joining. What I love about this group, is that you choose the level of being involved. Some just lurk while others jump right in and splash around! I have a cruise spreadsheet on yahoo. I'm trying to keep it current, but I think I forgot to add someone a week or so ago. I'll add you and Heather and your in-laws.

Dana - looked at your cruise album. Nice job!! I had to stop and look to figure out how you did the Capers page. It's really cute....I think I'll have to "scrap-lift" it.:rolleyes:

Second off--I am a SEMINOLE fan!! GO NOLES!! In my opinion...the only thing a gator is good for, is to swim in the Everglades!! (I just had to throw in a little college rivalry.):p

Sorry Kathi.....I blew that one., put my foot in my mouth on that one. I would say put my gater clogs....but I don't have anything gator! I agree about the Gator comment. Yes, we do have a friendly difference of thoughts - I am not a Gator or a Noles fan........I am for the other Florida team! Go Canes!

Elmer is a VT fan!

Archived