~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

I have the MyTouch - it's a google phone. I have an app that allows me to put a webcam as the background of my phone, & it updates every 30 minutes to hour. I have been watching the space needle for months now! It is really awesome when the cam catches a bird when my app updates :) It is also fantastic to watch the sunrise & sunset over the space needle. (If anyone has a google phone the app is free & called - worldtour.

I also have a widget on my phone with the count down! I love looking at my phone & seeing my vacation destination & the timer!

I should go look to see if there are any Alaska webcams available to stare at on my app!

I'm excited!!!

So what a Goggle phone? I have a Blackberry for work, but havn't really played with it. It is with ntellos so no 3g network yet.

It's a new smart phone with google's name, sort of like the iphone is to mac. It's software platform is Android, which is open source. That means anyone who wants to can write a program to work on this phone. It has the "Market" which you can either buy applications others have created or many of them are free. I've had my phone a year, and haven't needed to buy a paid application yet. I can turn my phone into a navigation system that talks to me, or I can make it open my garage door automatically when I pull into the driveway. There are so many great things, I could talk for hours, well, and you know how I like to ramble... I love my MyTouch! When I ride the motorcycle I have speakers built into my helmut for music. I use my phone as an mp3 player, and if I get a text message my phone will read who it's from & read the message to me. I checked last night for an Alaska webcam, and there wasn't one on my list, but I can get the web address of one and program it... I think that's next on my to do list... It's time to look at Alaska & watch the seasons change!

Sounds cool, I looked for something for the Blackberry but didn't see anything like that. Blackberry of course wants you to pay for everything. The Web cams are so coll - Thanks for sharing. I watched Gray's and dreamed of Seattle and being on the Space Needle..............

Sounds cool, I looked for something for the Blackberry but didn't see anything like that. Blackberry of course wants you to pay for everything. The Web cams are so coll - Thanks for sharing. I watched Gray's and dreamed of Seattle and being on the Space Needle..............

me too! The glowing top was so pretty!

I'm getting excited for all of you! :eek: I can't believe you're already down to the two month mark....It seems like yesterday when it was still 300 days out.

Well, Phil Steven and I spend a "few minutes" tonight (even Alaska couldn't keep their interest compared to the computer game Red Alert:rolleyes:) looking at the Alaska 2011 itineraries. We're still going to go in May, but might go towards the end of the month so we can also celebrate Steve's 21st birthday.

I'm making notes from all the great ideas all of you keep listing. ;)

I think we might look into a Disney in Oct. Have to see how GS does on this one, if not cruise then the World itself.

Need some thoughts on the Meet and Greet inthe folder area!

Good luck Kathi, let us know what you deceide, we will miss you and wish you were with us but we know your SPIRIT will be there. We will a drink for you!

Our very first cruise was on Magic and I loved it, the price is what turned us to Carnival I can get a balcony on carnival for less then a inside on Disney and right now anyways Disney has very limited ports in the Caribbean, hopefully with the new ships coming out that will change, but they definatley do it up right, just as in normal disney style.

Saturday will see Jim/Diana heading to Downtown Los Angeles to see Dreamgirls. The Tony-winning musical--based on the story of such acts as the Supremes and James Brown-- follows the story of a young female singing trio from Chicago called "The Dreams", who become music superstars.

On another note, many thanks for the webcam "links"

Hope you have a GREAT time. The last show I saw in LA was Richard Kiley in "Fiddler on the Roof", will never forget it. (Boy, is that dating me..... my kids were babies; when we lived on the West Coast).

Don't get to see many shows in our area so we always look forward to the ones on the cruises! Hope the "Spirit" has one different ones!

You r welcome, been on e-bay bidding on rain ponchos and tote bags. Hard to find child size foldable tossable raincoats. Then reading the shots thread, they all sounded GREAT, and I am not even a drinker, and then reading about decorating the cabin doors. Does it sound like I am avoiding doing all the work I brought home this weekend. Be so glad when this Audit is done! I did spend about 8 hours working today but I still have at least another 12 hours left ..... so I guess I will have to get with the system tomorrow.

Our magic number for tomorrow is 53. Fifty three days until we will be sailing away "North to ALASKA!" The boards are quite this year; last time there was already a lot of talk about the Alaskian cruises.

Have a GREAT week all!

Archived