~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Good Morning, taking a day off to get some stuff done since I will have an extremely busy week before we lweave. Some of my goverment billing is usually done on the 10th so I had to move it up to go on the cruise........ So the week I will have before the cruise will probably make me welcome that quiet time on the plane!

Let's hope Frances gets home soon, so he can get ready for the next trip!

Kim, I am just totally thrilled with the that hallway, when you look at all the gold and glitz of the other areas on the Spirit and then you look at the animals and native or natual feel of theat hallway, I can't wait to see it! I love the set up of the Pride which is the only other "Spirit" class ship I have been on. It was easy to find your way around, it didn't take you all week to learn your way around.

I stayed up late last night working on my door banner... yes it has turned into a banner; it went from a sign to a banner; but I think I am happy about it. I even put poskets on it at the bottom for little notes, (exploring that other site too much I guess) .

On the cruise they are on now it looks like they are doing some dance thing instead of the Walk for the cure. I was really wanting to participate in the "Walk for the Cure"; so I am sorry they are not doing that; and hope they have it on our cruise. Might ask that question on the main thread to see what other ships are doing this year.

Last call for anyone needing the shuttle from the group hotel to the ship; just giving them a list just so they know how many to plan for. You can let the hotel know yourself if you prefer. The list is on Shuttle list.

Also, anyone else interested in the White Elephant at the Meet & Greet (the non prepaid cocktail one). If so go the Meet and Greet thread and check it out. Should be lots of fun! I got mine and Elmer's yesteraday.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend.

ANy lurkers out there we are open to all Cruise Critic members and if you are reading this then you must be a Cruise Critic Member and if you are sailing on the SPIRIT to ALASKA on May 11, 2010 - COME JOIN US! We promise we won't BITE!

Thanks, we try to fly SouthWest when we can, the prices seem to be

pretty reasonable compared to some that we've seen and like you said

no baggage fee

Lucky you, you don't have the awful baggage fee!

Wow Mercury...I somehow missed your post. That is crazy, I don't think there is enough drugs to get me on a plane that long. When will you start your journey?

Annette, I don't know they left a message on both mine and my DSIL machines, I checked and looks like only one OS avail so they must have got a bunch of takers. I like my cabin location so I would rather use any extra money on excursions or bar bill;)

I did some checking and it seems they have some suites left. The search I used did not bring back any other class of cabins. The costs I got was $1,700 each person. Did they offer you any deals? I am with you at this point I would keep the extra $ for Seattle and other expenses.

Shopping today! I got everything for mine and Elmer's White Elephant gifts, and most of the plane size toiletry. I am going to start checking off my list and see where I am. I am bringing a bathing suit, don't know that I will use it but need to have just in case. (Actually bought one).

Beautiful day here today! 51 and cloudy in Juneau. Great link below for Juneau webcams!

Juneau webcams

It is a long time especially when time goes backwards however at this sth\ge in stress mode of note Francis has been stuck in Europe for 4 days now with no sign or sight when he can return home and if things dont imprtove within the next week could blow our chances of getting to the states as well so hold thumbs that tis stupid asc cloud cleas soon Graham

Good Morning all, WOW it is getting close! Under the 20 day mark, that's a new milestone. I did do cruise stuff this weekend, I finished shopping hope I have most of what I need now just to firgure out what to take. Wish we knew what the weather is going to hold! Pulled out the suitcase and thought, it is never going to fit!

Made my door banner and my daughter's. Made banners this time after looking at the "Dis site", took the idea form their fish extenters. I think it would be fun it Carnival people did a little more of the cute stuff but I guess that is the Kid in me! I put little pockets in the banner so Funship Freddy could leave little surprizes for my Grandson. Or notes or things for us big folkes. I found some of those write on stickers Dana talked about and added them to for little notes. And left a pocket to post daily events, and a pocket to hold the Cruise Critic door sign I made in our folder section. The pockets make it reuseable from cruise to cruise! Everybody will know my door, don't know if that is good or BAD! (they threw the banner out at work so I actually recycling, but would be easy to make)

Gotta, get to work! Have a GREAT week, only 2 more weekends!

My weekend begins now, so my plans are to pack everything in my suitcase & see how it goes... I am considering taking back my hard case. I have been reading on the boards, people have been having difficulty hiding the hard suitcases under the bed, and as we booked the smallest cabin available I will need all the room I can get... Does anyone know the clearance under the bed?*has tape measure handy*

Also, I have to go pick up my 2nd White Elephant gift - at least I know what I want to pick up! That and hiking boots/shoes are the last things on my list!

Graham - I sure hope Francis can get home to you soon, I am wishing you both lots of luck!

It's crazy how fast time is moving now! I will be seeing you all soon!

<Off to lurk the boards>

Our ship today:

Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Spirit Kahului, Maui, Hawaii 4-20-2010 8:00 AM

You can keep track of the spirit:

www.cruisecal.com

Sgt is aboard and doing a GREAT review, lots of GREAT pictures of the ship, Fun TIMES and Hawaii!

Day 1 an d 2 have some great ship shots and then under the ship sections some of the areas are shown.

Wahooooo 3 weeks today, I will be getting everything packed up from the hotel, ready to make my way to the ship, get in line and start thinking about my first DOD!!!!!!!

Oh Kim, and here it was I thought you were a tea toter! lol ........so I am now in your dream what is the first DOD for an AlASKIAN cruise?

I have no idea actually. Usually I don't like the DOD, my first DOD will be DH bringing me a Pina COlada while I unpack and he explores the ship. I can't totally relax until I wipe down the cabin with anti bac wipes and un pack and much as possible and we have vacationed enough that DH knows just to get me a drink and get out of the way:D

I have no idea actually. Usually I don't like the DOD, my first DOD will be DH bringing me a Pina COlada while I unpack and he explores the ship. I can't totally relax until I wipe down the cabin with anti bac wipes and un pack and much as possible and we have vacationed enough that DH knows just to get me a drink and get out of the way:D

i can't wait i feel like a child :p I WANT TO GO NOW!

EVA

Wow, that's a lot of snow. It especially concerns me in Skagway, since DH and I are supposed to rent a car and drive through the Yukon. I hope it's not that bad! Thanks for sharing.

I found a CC poster, Teeara, that went to Alaska in May but 2 years ago...

I am including a link to her photos - they show a lot of snow...

I wonder if this is what it will look like for us???

Teeara's photos

Hi guys! I'm a tad jealous! :p

I just got off the phone with Johna and we are officially booked for May 24, 2011 in a guaranteed balcony room. :D

I tried and tried to get people interested in a group, but had no luck so I went ahead and made the reservations. Only 398 days until my cruise!! :rolleyes:

Current Juneau Cam I don't see a lot of snow in this current shot of Juneau!

Here's Skagway looks wet but not snowy! Here's the weather for the next few days. Looks like 50's during the days!

Friday Apr 23

P Cloudy, 10% chance of precipitation. Winds 10mph from N. Humidity 62% Sunrise: 5:23 AM 51 °F

P Cloudy, 0% chance of precipitation. Winds 5mph from NNW. Humidity 55% Sunset: 8:37 PM 39 °F

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday Apr 24

M Sunny, 0% chance of precipitation. Winds 9mph from NW. Humidity 58% Sunrise: 5:21 AM 54 °F

P Cloudy, 0% chance of precipitation. Winds 4mph from SW. Humidity 60% Sunset: 8:40 PM 41 °F

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday Apr 25

P Cloudy, 10% chance of precipitation. Winds 12mph from SE. Humidity 62% Sunrise: 5:18 AM 51 °F

Showers, 60% chance of precipitation. Winds 5mph from E. Humidity 68% Sunset: 8:42 PM 40 °F

Monday Apr 26

Showers, 60% chance of precipitation. Winds 10mph from NNE. Humidity 70% Sunrise: 5:15 AM 56 °F

Showers, 60% chance of precipitation. Winds 4mph from SW. Humidity 72% Sunset: 8:45 PM 44

Let's keep our fingers crossed on the rain!

Glad you were able to book Kathi, wish you were going with us! Glad to see back IndpdntChik324.

Alright, that looks pretty good. Let's hope it holds out for a few more weeks.

I've been lurking the last few days, just not much to say. Stressing alot over what to pack. It's funny how I've been planning for years for this trip, but I still feel so incredibly unprepared!!!

Here's Skagway looks wet but not snowy! Here's the weather for the next few days. Looks like 50's during the days!

Friday Apr 23

P Cloudy, 10% chance of precipitation. Winds 10mph from N. Humidity 62% Sunrise: 5:23 AM 51 °F

P Cloudy, 0% chance of precipitation. Winds 5mph from NNW. Humidity 55% Sunset: 8:37 PM 39 °F

Saturday Apr 24

M Sunny, 0% chance of precipitation. Winds 9mph from NW. Humidity 58% Sunrise: 5:21 AM 54 °F

P Cloudy, 0% chance of precipitation. Winds 4mph from SW. Humidity 60% Sunset: 8:40 PM 41 °F

Sunday Apr 25

P Cloudy, 10% chance of precipitation. Winds 12mph from SE. Humidity 62% Sunrise: 5:18 AM 51 °F

Showers, 60% chance of precipitation. Winds 5mph from E. Humidity 68% Sunset: 8:42 PM 40 °F

Monday Apr 26

Showers, 60% chance of precipitation. Winds 10mph from NNE. Humidity 70% Sunrise: 5:15 AM 56 °F

Showers, 60% chance of precipitation. Winds 4mph from SW. Humidity 72% Sunset: 8:45 PM 44

Let's keep our fingers crossed on the rain!

Glad you were able to book Kathi, wish you were going with us! Glad to see back IndpdntChik324.

I know the feeling - I know they say layers but still wondering are we going to need short sleeves or long sleeves. And how much of a breeze is there on deck?

Hope everyone checks out the group folders for info on the Meet and Greets and the Meet and Mingle! The White Elephant game we are planning.

Hi Kathi, Congrats on booking. Wish you where joinning us.

Just keeping fingers crossed for nice weather. I don't really care if it is cold but just want dry and no fog....is that too much to ask;)

Just wish it would hurray up and get here....it is taking toooooooo looonnnnggggg

Archived