~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Thanks, finally picked him up at the airport this morning 5 days stranded I am really quite proud of him he survived made serious decisions and won, he took a chance yesterday left Frankfurt by Train to Brussels, from Brussels to Paris made the flight and I picked him up this morning, all in a strange country and very little english being spoken, I now qualify him as a seasoned travellar, the other good news is it seems as if the volcano eruptions are settling so it looks like we are back on track....yes cant wait now

Thanks, finally picked him up at the airport this morning 5 days stranded I am really quite proud of him he survived made serious decisions and won, he took a chance yesterday left Frankfurt by Train to Brussels, from Brussels to Paris made the flight and I picked him up this morning, all in a strange country and very little english being spoken, I now qualify him as a seasoned travellar, the other good news is it seems as if the volcano eruptions are settling so it looks like we are back on track....yes cant wait now

That is wonderful news! I know you are glad to have him back home. On the news in the States a few people from VA were going to Madrid by car or train to try and fly out of Spain. Having lived in Madrid and know the autoban driving that could be an experience in itself.

I would definetly say he is now a seasoned traveled and now in a couple of weeks you are going to take him to do more traveling!

Can't wait!

Fantastic news for you both Graham & Francis!

Today I took all the fun stuff & put it in my new suitcase, so at least I have everything in one spot. I was almost tempted to pack my suitcase with all the stuff... one: to see if it will fit, & two because I'm getting too excited to wait!

I haven‘t printed my E-Docs yet, am I the only one? Actually I haven't done my fun pass either. I was waiting to see if we had anymore changes to our flights.

I’m not too familiar with the E-Docs as we usually get the book. Does your luggage tags print out with it?

Thank You :)

Welcome Linda!!! We are happy to have you here... Good luck reading through ALL the posts... lol, this thread took me a couple of days when I started and it was only on page like 32...

Also check out all the links under Anamanx signature! Then share away, tell us all about yourself as you will have months of history on us :)

Just a quick hello for now. I signed up for the cruise last night. I'll try and read through the posts later tonight. I'll definitely want to sign on for the meet and greets. Cheers, Linda :D

Wow, we were told the cruise was full. I hope you got a good price! Welcome, love to have you join us! Just went to the website, they show they have inside, Oceanview and Suites still available.

I haven‘t printed my E-Docs yet, am I the only one? Actually I haven't done my fun pass either. I was waiting to see if we had anymore changes to our flights.

I’m not too familiar with the E-Docs as we usually get the book. Does your luggage tags print out with it?

Thank You :)

I printed mine but I am going to go back and change the plane info. But I don't think the plane info is on on the doc so I don't think I have to reprint them. I think Home Land wants them done by two weeks before sailing. Yes, they will also print out your luggage tags.

It's hard to believe it is almost time to go!

Wow, we were told the cruise was full. I hope you got a good price! Welcome, love to have you join us! Just went to the website, they show they have inside, Oceanview and Suites still available.

Hi there again Anamanxs and Grrl2grrl. I paid $739 times 2 plus taxes so right around $1600. Was that a good price or a bad one do you think? At the time I was on the phone it was the last inside cabin available. I'm just travelling by myself but they still charged double occupancy. None of my friends like to travel so if I want to go I have to go by myself. lol. I've been to Alaska once before on the Spirit and I loved it so I wanted to go again. The last time I went it sailed from Anchorage/Whittier to Vancouver. I still have to decide on a hotel and book my plane. It looks like the group rate for the Quality Inn has expired but I've only begun to skim through the posts. I'm planning to move to Seattle so I want to spend a few days up there apartment hunting either before or after the cruise... or both. :)

Call the hotel and see if they will still match the rate. I know Carnival was offering buy ups so maybe someone took the offer, since they are still showing inside available, but it is a guantee only. The rate you got is what they are showing now! There is another single going she has poped into the board some, Be sure and check out our folder area. Be sure and read about the White Elephant game we are going to do at one of the Meet and Greets.

Cruise Itinerary

Tue Seattle, Washington 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu Cruise Tracy Arm

Fri Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sat Juneau, Alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Sun Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

Mon Victoria, British Columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

Tue Seattle, Washington 7:00 am

To book this Cruise Critic Group Member Cruise, please contact Johna at Crucon.com at 1-800-493-6609.

Please be sure to state that you are interested in booking into the OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE for May 11, 2010.

She will have to call Carnival and get the current rates that are available. If you can not reach her leave a voice mail and she will call you back!

Ask her if you can get the Group options! ;) It never hurts to ask.......

Call the hotel and see if they will still match the rate. I know Carnival was offering buy ups so maybe someone took the offer, since they are still showing inside available, but it is a guantee only. The rate you got is what they are showing now! There is another single going she has poped into the board some, Be sure and check out our folder area. Be sure and read about the White Elephant game we are going to do at one of the Meet and Greets.

Do you think it was a decent rate? I've seen Caribbean cruises go for a bit less and Princess puts Alaska on sale sometimes but I think this is similar to what I paid when I went to Alaska last time on Carnival. The Spirit was a wonderful ship then and I'm sure it still is. I've only been guaranteed an inside cabin but I don't know where it will be yet. I hope you all had a better rate for booking further in advance. I will be sure to check out the folders etc.. over the next few days. Thanks. :D

This is less than what they had the rate a month or so ago (for awhile the ship was listed as sold out so some people must have cancelled). We had someone going with us that tried to a third to her cabin and it was about $1000 each so she decided to wait until next year. So yes, it is probably a GOOD rate!

Cruise Itinerary

Tue Seattle, Washington 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu Cruise Tracy Arm

Fri Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sat Juneau, Alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Sun Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

Mon Victoria, British Columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

Tue Seattle, Washington 7:00 am

To book this Cruise Critic Group Member Cruise, please contact Johna at Crucon.com at 1-800-493-6609.

Please be sure to state that you are interested in booking into the OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE for May 11, 2010.

She will have to call Carnival and get the current rates that are available. If you can not reach her leave a voice mail and she will call you back!

Ask her if you can get the Group options! ;) It never hurts to ask.......

Hi Annette,

Do you know what time the shuttle from the hotel is taking us to the ship?

We are trying to see if we have time for any site seeing in the AM

This is so weird.... My work computer will not let me on this thread, I cn get on any other thread but not this one. I guess they know how much I stay on it.

I would think the hotel would take us anytime we want. The best bet would be to call the hotel.

This is so weird.... My work computer will not let me on this thread, I cn get on any other thread but not this one. I guess they know how much I stay on it.

I would think the hotel would take us anytime we want. The best bet would be to call the hotel.

Thanks, I thought because it was a shuttle we might have to go in groups

Good Morning all. I was jsut visitint the pictures of where the Spirit is now! Most impressive pictures of Pearl Habor! Visit if you get a chance!

It is almost time to go, r u ready!

we are packed and ready to go, yaa hoo

can't wait

I guess Diana and I just dreamt we had a wedding March 19. That's because we just received a letter from Los Angeles County saying no Marriage Licence/Certificate has yet been filed. The church said they filed it no later than 3/24. Since the wedding was apparently a dream...why cant the "imaginary money" we spent be returned to our bank account. :(

[Yes, the church has been notified. They're working on this as we speak]

--

On a lighter note, Diana and I are set to go to a "caberet show" and a local production of the musical Fantasticks this weekend. The former stars Christine Ebersole--who won Tony awards for her work in the musicals Grey Gardens and the 2001 version of 42nd Street. She was also nominated for her work in the 2002 version of Dinner at Eight.

Part of our Sunday will be spent greeting incoming freshman at her alma mater of USC. Since I didn't go there...methinks she's bringing me along as an example of what will happen in 30 years if you don't go to school there. :D

I guess Diana and I just dreamt we had a wedding March 19. That's because we just received a letter from Los Angeles County saying no Marriage Licence/Certificate has yet been filed. The church said they filed it no later than 3/24. Since the wedding was apparently a dream...why cant the "imaginary money" we spent be returned to our bank account. :(

[Yes, the church has been notified. They're working on this as we speak]

--

On a lighter note, Diana and I are set to go to a "caberet show" and a local production of the musical Fantasticks this weekend. The former stars Christine Ebersole--who won Tony awards for her work in the musicals Grey Gardens and the 2001 version of 42nd Street. She was also nominated for her work in the 2002 version of Dinner at Eight.

Part of our Sunday will be spent greeting incoming freshman at her alma mater of USC. Since I didn't go there...methinks she's bringing me along as an example of what will happen in 30 years if you don't go to school there. :D

Wow would be a bit disturbing about the marriage Licence/Certificate, will that effect your passports in any way?

Have fun is USC and the Caberet, sounds like a fun weekend! Mine will be a lot less interesting, i am sure.

Good question Annette!

We have had a couple of new posters the last few days! It is getting exciting!!!

I have my packing list done, and all of my decorations and stuff are already in the suitcase.

ProTourist, you are the same ages as my partner and I, except I am in my early 30's denial... as I am 28 again... (My grandfather says he is 29, and somewhere along the way I decided I can't be older than my grandfather.)

Dana, I like that thought, you can never be older than your grandfather. You guys are about the same age as my daughter...Boy, that makes me feel old espically since Kathi and I have a BD before we go.

I got all the clothes out and one pair of jean I had just bought had a broken zipper so do I try and go back to the store or just say I have enough. Still don't know how I am getting it all in the suitcase and when I look at it, I don't know if I have warm enough clothes.

From all the boards I lurk, they say pack less. If fact they say, pack your suitcase, then take out half. So I'm sure you will have enough winter clothes. The good thing about winter clothes, is you have so many layering options, that just a few pieces can make many outfits.

P.S. I haven't been able to follow the advice on the boards about packing... I am of the chronic mindset of "...but what if I need it"

So I over pack. Shoes is my real catch point... (In my house, if I buy new shoes, I have to throw away an old pair - because it's out of control).

This trip I am planning to take 6 pairs of shoes.

That's just crazy - 6 pairs of shoes for 7 days...

I couldn't find 2 evening dresses of the same color, so I have black & brown pumps for the 2 formal nights. Hiking boots for my hiking excursion, flip flops for the shower, brown loafers, and black ballet flats.

Please someone tell me you have me beat...

Archived