Maasdam cruisers - 6/13/09 Boston to Montreal

JackieS

I would love to hear from some passenagers sailing from Boston on 6/13 to Montreal on the Maasdam......

The best place to find your fellow passengers is on the Roll-Call board.

any ideas for shore exercusions? How about Sydney? Bar Harbor, Quebec? Jackie S:)

It would help if you posted something about your interests. There isn't much to do in Sydney, and there is too much to do in Quebec.

I don't think there is a roll call for the June 13 sailing.

We are on that cruise as the first part of b-to-b, Boston to Montreal to Boston. There is a roll call for the second of our cruises.

In Bar Harbor, we very much enjoyed the Acadia National Park Tour and Lobster Bake. We did that several years ago when we sailed with friends and had a great time. Hope for a pretty day as the views from the top of Cadillac Mountain down to the harbor are gorgeous.

While the people in Sydney are very welcoming and nice, we have never found very much we love doing there. We enjoy if it's a decent day to walk along the shore toward town and get some exercise. We have an ice cream or stop in a shop or two. At the dock, the locals have a wonderful craft area where they display all sorts of locally made things. Some are very lovely but just chatting with the locals is pleasant. I can't say there are any things on the must do list in our opinion. Read the tours offered and see if something catches your interest.

We do this cruise every summer and absolutely love it. We love the ship, her crew/Officers and this itinerary.

the best source for information on the Boston-Montreal (and return) cruise (including ports and tours) is Sails .. don't know of any CC poster who's been on those cruises more than S7S over the past several years

Sails probably has more information than Seattle:eek:

We were on the Maasdam, Boston to Montreal a few years ago. I agree with Ruth that there isn't anything to do in Sydney. In Quebec, we stayed in the Basse-Ville (Lower Town). Lots of quaint shops, nice atmosphere, etc. You can see our photos from the cruise here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3rd_rock_from_nowhere/

Don't waste your money if taking a walking tour in Quebec. We signed up for the shore excursion and very quickly went off on our own and had a wonderful time. If you like bath and body items, you have to go to Lush. It's all natural and hand made soaps, shampoos, bath bombs, etc. I ended up buying Christmas presents for most of the women in my family.

Can anyone give me the website of the service which picks up your luggage the night before you disembark and ships it to your home airport--for a fee of course. I am wondering if the Maasdam offers this service from Boston and if so does it use American Airlines? Appreciate any info. Thanks

Did this cruise last June. They did not offer the baggage checking/delivery service in Boston for any airline. We were off the ship early and easily made an 11:30 flight, however. It was a great cruise. One suggestion for Sydney: check out the Puffin Island with Donelda's Puffin Tours...lots of wildlife and scenery.

Sorry. We live in Boston so no flying/no help needed with luggage. If you can wait, I'll inquire while we're aboard in June and will post the answer here.

That would be wonderful--we'll be watching for any info you can glean during your June cruise. Thanks a million,. joan and Tom

Archived