Baltic Cruise

MrJD

We are taking a Baltic Cruise beginning May 30, 2009. Can anyone tell me from experience what the weather is like in Scandanavia and Russia during the first week of June.

We are taking a Baltic Cruise beginning May 30, 2009. Can anyone tell me from experience what the weather is like in Scandanavia and Russia during the first week of June.

We cruised the Baltic region in June of 2007. Most days were warm enough to wear a t-shirt. Talinn was particularly hot, same goes for Stockholm and Visby. The only port we had heavy rain was Gydinia. We had 2 days in St Petersburg and both days we experienced clear blue skies.

There's always a chance you'll get rain so pack a waterproof & an umbrella for your port excursions.

You'll have a great time, fascinating area to cruise.

GlasgowGuy

Be careful relying on opinions of others as to what 'hot' is...A person from a northern clime might consider 70 F. hot, whereas someone from the US would not consider 'hot' to be anything under 85...Tshirt weather varies...EM

We did the Baltic/Russia cruise on the Jewel of the Seas in June 2007. All ports were in the 80s with the exception of Helsinki - it poured with rain all day.

St Petersburg was strange. We left in the morning for an excursion. Weather was in the low 70s. By 2pm we had thunder and lightening and by 3pm we had hail stones and light snow. That cleared up and the sun came out again.

Without a shadow of a doubt we would recommend this cruise to anyone. We had a wonderful time.

I'm going on the 27th on Queen Victoria, I have prebooked the good weather so you should be ok:D:D

Archived