9A sold out on sailing-how do I check for price drops?

DTC

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but how do you monitor the price of your cruise if your category is not available. We sail on the Liberty Eastern Caribbean leaving Feb 20. 2 adults and a 14 yr old, 9A aft wrap. Thanks!!

You don't if your category is sold out. They can't drop the price on something that is no longer available.

If you were upgraded to that category, you would need to watch the category you booked in (say 8A) and be willing to give up the room if there's a price drop there and go back into an 8A.

Are you saying I won't be getting any reductions then?

If so, that's ok. I don't think we paid too much anyway, just wanted to get it straight, then I don't have to keep checking the web page.

Thanks!

This is a joke, right? :eek:

Why would they reduce the price if the cabin category is sold out?

There's nothing to reduce!

Price reductions happen when they're trying to sell cabins, and if you cabin category is sold out, they must not need to sell any. Right?

Are you saying I won't be getting any reductions then?

If so, that's ok. I don't think we paid too much anyway, just wanted to get it straight, then I don't have to keep checking the web page.

Thanks!

Supply & demand.

Apparently, Carnival was able to sell all the 9A's at the price you probably paid.

As stated, if they are all sold, price would go up, not down, as there is more demand than supply.

If any do come available due to cancellations, (or whatever) the price will likely be higher.

Be happy you booked it when you did.

So if I booked a 6C, but was given a free upgrade to a 6E, I would need to check the 6C catagory? Even if the 6E was sold out?

If you want to stay in the 6E, you would need to look at the price of the 6E. If the 6E is sold out, you will not be getting a reduction.

If you are willing to go to a 6C and give up your 6E, then you need to check pricing on the 6C.

This is a joke, right? :eek:

Why would they reduce the price if the cabin category is sold out?

There's nothing to reduce!

Price reductions happen when they're trying to sell cabins, and if you cabin category is sold out, they must not need to sell any. Right?

I'm going to take a wild guess here. I'm going to guess you're not a people person.:eek:

Bill

Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not.

But I am amazed that anyone - whether an experienced cruiser or a newbie - couldn't figure out that if their category is sold out there will be no price reductions because there's nothing to sell!

Good grief. It isn't rocket science! :p

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but how do you monitor the price of your cruise if your category is not available. We sail on the Liberty Eastern Caribbean leaving Feb 20. 2 adults and a 14 yr old, 9A aft wrap. Thanks!!

You don't. ken

You can always watch the next category up. If it discounts enough you can get a free upgrade to it. Or a cheap upgrade. I assume though if you are in an aft you dont' want to move. So chances are you locked in. The OV could be upgraded to balcony though. Sometimes they drop to around the same price.

You can also watch free upgrades like Past guest offers a lot. When I booked I booked a 6c with a free upgrade to a 6E. So I watched 6E prices on resident rate and 6c with the upgrade prices on past guest. Today past guest made the free upgrade a 6A to a 6E so I was able to price match the 6a price. We saved $80pp with that new upgrade option.

But I am amazed that anyone - whether an experienced cruiser or a newbie - couldn't figure out that if their category is sold out there will be no price reductions because there's nothing to sell!

I'm sorry, but do you have to be so insulting to the OP? They asked a question they did not know the answer. I did not know the answer, until now.

Thanks to all that responded politely. Your answers were very informative. I know now need to be wary of the upgrade sell if my category sells out, (next cruise 4F), and they give me an upgrade call.

Thank you CC

Um my husband IS a rocket scientist (seriously) and that question is exactly the type of question he would ask. We don't all think in the same way and come to the same conclusions.....that's why rockets can fly!

You can always watch the next category up. If it discounts enough you can get a free upgrade to it. Or a cheap upgrade. I assume though if you are in an aft you dont' want to move. So chances are you locked in. The OV could be upgraded to balcony though. Sometimes they drop to around the same price.

Poobears,

There is no 'upgrade' from a 9A. The cruiselines don't see it that way and I am glad they don't. :D

NCTribeFan,

I wish Conquest class had more 9A cabins so there'd be a chance of a price drop. Even though I never expected one nor received one for a 9A, I always checked them regularly just in case.

The cat 11s on Spirit Class are nice because there are other cat 11s that aren't wraps so they do go down sometimes.

Rocket science is pretty simple; light a fuse to a propellant in the lower shaft of a cylinder and watch it fly. Attach a couple of wings for stability and you have a full fledged NASA rocket. :)

Poobears,

There is no 'upgrade' from a 9A. The cruiselines don't see it that way and I am glad they don't. :D

The next category up is what I was referring to as an upgrade. A suite would be an upgrade according to Carnival. Like an OV is an upgrade from a inside. Inside-OV-Balcony-11 suite-12/penthouse suite.

Hi,

I dont know anything about ugrades and what not as I have not sailed yet. I did ask my TA about it, and she said based on our ES rate, and picking the room we wanted, we would probably not get the upgrade call.

BUT, I did find yesterday after reading through a bunch of threads a fare watcher site.

www.*****.net

The site will monitor your sailing and what ever cat you put in. You do have to download the program,but its simple and aside from a restart, does not take long to do. And you have to register for the site.

I hope that helps you.:)

Archived