Cabins on Pacific Sun

Cavallo

We are booked on Pacific Sun from Auckland on 25th July. Very excited. My partner has not cruised before so have gone all out and booked on Verandah Deck. Does anyone have any photos/comments about these cabins. I have requested V5:)

We are booked on Pacific Sun from Auckland on 25th July. Very excited. My partner has not cruised before so have gone all out and booked on Verandah Deck. Does anyone have any photos/comments about these cabins. I have requested V5:)

From all accounts the suites were done up very nicely in the last refit. :):) I think it is a pity they are in the position they are on the ship - near the front on the top deck. Sorry to say this - but it is the worst place to be if you suffer from seasickness. The balconies are not private as anyone on the front observation deck can look straight onto the balcony. I hope you don't mind my being frank with my comments. :D

Evon.

Hi,

The suites do look very nice - I haven't been in one but I've seen them as we walked past. Very spacious looking.

Evon is right about the balconies being not all that private - although V5 will be more private than V3 or 1 - people on the outside observation deck will be able to see onto the balcony, but not into the cabin.

And at night time the observation deck is closed anyway, so it won't be a problem then.

Other than that, the suites should be great - hope you have a great cruise!

BTW, you live in a nice part of the country - I used to live in Wellington and visited the Wairarapa quite often.

And at night time the observation deck is closed anyway, so it won't be a problem then.

Is the observation deck usually closed at night? We have been up there at night. Is this something new? The cruise when we went to the observation deck at night (11pm - midnight) was exactly a year ago. :):)

Evon.

Yes, no leaping out of the balcony door and flashing the unsuspecting passengers! :D:D

The balconies are a good size though, and sitting out there as the ship sails from the ports with the sun setting does look very relaxing.

Evon, yes in theory the observation deck is closed at night - the inside door can be locked. There is a sign saying that it is closed at night and in rough conditions - but having said that we were up there late at night on our cruise in March last year - and we didn't go up there at night on our cruise in January so I can't say for sure that it's closed. But I do remember at least some nights seeing the chain across the access stairs from the promenade deck.

Was open on the New Zealand cruise in Feb Evon....John and i were up there late a few evenings... lovely when theres a full moon ....we accessed through Verandah Deck and lower deck ........cheers Shiona

Thanks Riffraff, we enjoy the Wairarapa. Guess we will just have to behave ourselves when we are on the balcony!!!

the suites are very nice i have been in one of them . nice bath room with the shower over the bath , which a small spa bath , i dont now if all the suites are the same. a walk in robe , the balconies are not to bad i would like to tring to ripp one off so to speek , you will likly get seen,the windows are tinted so at night you can see into the suite if the lights are on.but the observation deck is closed anyway, about the same as the mini suites on the pacific dawn i did see some photos on here not long ago may be some can out some up as i dont know yet. on our last cruise the observation deck and both front side decks were close at 7pm every night and it wasnt bcause of the weather it was captains orders, and id you have one of the two front suites the door in the middle of them that leeds out to the observation deck bangs very hard and make a lot of noise there is a sign on it that tell to close it softly.

Hi Thied,

We have had three separate people saying they have been on the observation deck at night, so I do not think it is closed. :) It is closed in very rough weather (as are the other outside decks). :)

Evon.

Hi Cavello

I was on the sun in December and i have photos of the inside of V1 if you want me to show you. I am not sure how to put them up on the site but will give it a go, if not I can email them to you. The observation deck, which one of the entrances to is just out the front of V1 was open all the time as some posters have said. There is a door, and I did notice when it was rather windy there was a sign saying closed due to high winds or words to that effect, but all you had to do was open the door and walk out. No one stopped you, and you could have access all hours of the day or night, the door was never locked.

Enjoy your cruise, it is a great fun ship to sail on. :)

Hi Cavello

I was on the sun in December and i have photos of the inside of V1 if you want me to show you. I am not sure how to put them up on the site but will give it a go, if not I can email them to you. The observation deck, which one of the entrances to is just out the front of V1 was open all the time as some posters have said. There is a door, and I did notice when it was rather windy there was a sign saying closed due to high winds or words to that effect, but all you had to do was open the door and walk out. No one stopped you, and you could have access all hours of the day or night, the door was never locked.

Enjoy your cruise, it is a great fun ship to sail on. :)

I'd love to see your photos. Thanks for sharing your info.:)

Cavallo

We are booked in a suite on the Pacific Sun in September - would you possibly be able to take lots of photos of the suite and what goodies you get and then post them on here when you return as we have seen photos of V1 (which is wheelchair accessible so no bath) but no others. We are booked in V6.

Thanks Rach

Cavallo

We are booked in a suite on the Pacific Sun in September - would you possibly be able to take lots of photos of the suite and what goodies you get and then post them on here when you return as we have seen photos of V1 (which is wheelchair accessible so no bath) but no others. We are booked in V6.

Thanks Rach

Yes, will be glad to :)

Hi Cavallo

I am going to try and upload a picture of the suite, havent done this before, so lets see what happens. If it doesnt work can you send me your email and I will email you the pictures.

Hi Cavallo

I am going to try and upload a picture of the suite, havent done this before, so lets see what happens. If it doesnt work can you send me your email and I will email you the pictures.

Thanks decco, my email is connell dot brookes at clear dot net dot nz

Hi Cavallo

Decco,

Can you please email them to me as well? my email is rnrjay at bigpond dot com dot au ?

Thanks Rach

Hi Thied,

We have had three separate people saying they have been on the observation deck at night, so I do not think it is closed. :) It is closed in very rough weather (as are the other outside decks). :)

Evon.

I know you queried this a little while ago Evon, but thought I would share some info we got on our April cruise.

We were told that it was the new Captain's decision to close the deck off on the Pacific Sun as in his opinion it was too dangerous for people to be up there after dark and in rough weather.

On our previous cruises, we used to go up there quite a bit at night (although I did pull my then 10 year old off one night, as I really did think he would blow away!).:eek:

I know you queried this a little while ago Evon, but thought I would share some info we got on our April cruise.

We were told that it was the new Captain's decision to close the deck off on the Pacific Sun as in his opinion it was too dangerous for people to be up there after dark and in rough weather.

On our previous cruises, we used to go up there quite a bit at night (although I did pull my then 10 year old off one night, as I really did think he would blow away!).:eek:

Hi Linda,

That might explain it. We were up there at night a year ago and Shiona's cruise when she and John went there was 31st Jan-mid Feb this year. As you say, the new Captain could have it closed at night. We won't be on the Sun until August.

Evon.

the suites are very nice i have been in one of them . nice bath room with the shower over the bath , which a small spa bath , i dont now if all the suites are the same. a walk in robe , the balconies are not to bad i would like to tring to ripp one off so to speek , you will likly get seen,the windows are tinted so at night you can see into the suite if the lights are on.but the observation deck is closed anyway, about the same as the mini suites on the pacific dawn i did see some photos on here not long ago may be some can out some up as i dont know yet. on our last cruise the observation deck and both front side decks were close at 7pm every night and it wasnt bcause of the weather it was captains orders, and id you have one of the two front suites the door in the middle of them that leeds out to the observation deck bangs very hard and make a lot of noise there is a sign on it that tell to close it softly.

on our last cruise the observation deck and both front side decks were close at 7pm every night and it wasnt because of the weather it was captains orders

Hi Cavallo and Rach

I have emailed the pictures but the email address you gave me Rach didnt work, do you think it is without the Au?

Let me know and I will try again. :)

Hi Cavallo and Rach

I have emailed the pictures but the email address you gave me Rach didnt work, do you think it is without the Au?

Let me know and I will try again. :)

Oops sorry - its rnrjay at bigpond dot net dot au !!!!

Many thanks for doing this!

Archived