Westerdam

SeaBlueSkies

I did some research on HAL's Westerdam and it seems she's been around for a long long time. From what I'm reading she's been sailing since 1946 (unless I'm reading this wrong).

http://www.google.com/search?q=history+of+holland+america's+westerdam&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&tbs=tl:1&tbo=1&ei=aIINSsyIJYKQMqPTkKoG&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=11

The current Westerdam was launched in 2004.

Thank you. I'm very happy to know I was wrong about this.

I think there is a lot more confusion on the horizon for a bunch of new ships soon to be in port at Canaveral that will have the names of the ships being confusing.

Carnival is coming out with the Dream and the Magic while Disney is coming out with the Fantasy.

I'm wondering if this is a marketing strategy to see who can confuse new passengers and get them to sail on ships they think belong to one line when they really belong to another line and then they don't realize it until they show up at the port.

... and then they don't realize it until they show up at the port.
NO!! I don't think that's possible! :D Maybe somebody in the party might be mistaken, but certainly not the one who made the booking and handled the arrangements.

Archived