Lumberjack Show - Ketchikan or Vancouver?

bqkali

I know the lumberjack show is kind of hokey...but I love watching Highland Games activities so the lumberjack show is right up my alley.

It looks like I can see a show either in Ketchikan or on Grouse Mountain in Vancouver. As much as I'd love to see one, I think 2 lumberjack shows in the span of a week would be a little overkill :rolleyes: Has anyone done both and have a recommendation for one over the other? Both Ketchikan & Vancouver offer other great activities I'm interested in, so it wouldn't be a problem finding something else to do in either city instead of the lumberjack show.

We did both in 2005 but don't expect either of them to have changed much! We went to the Ketchikan one first and thought it was much better than the one on Grouse Mountain. There may have been an element of "seen it before" when we went to Grouse Mountain but we felt that there was more to the one in Ketchikan (more and better content). We originally went along as DS was only 9 and we thought it would appeal to him but we all enjoyed it.

We just arrived back today on the Rhapsody. The lumberjack show in Ketchikan was excellent! a very entertaining hour, and it was very close to the ships, like a 5 min walk. can't compare it to the 1 in vancouver, but everyone we spoke to really enjoyed the performance at ketchikan.

We did both in 2005 but don't expect either of them to have changed much! We went to the Ketchikan one first and thought it was much better than the one on Grouse Mountain. There may have been an element of "seen it before" when we went to Grouse Mountain but we felt that there was more to the one in Ketchikan (more and better content). We originally went along as DS was only 9 and we thought it would appeal to him but we all enjoyed it.

Thank you for the comparison. I've read a lot about how much fun the one in Ketchikan is but very little about the one on Grouse Mountain. I'll check back to see if anyone else chimes in, but otherwise I'll probably stick to Ketchikan.

Thank you for the comparison. I've read a lot about how much fun the one in Ketchikan is but very little about the one on Grouse Mountain. I'll check back to see if anyone else chimes in, but otherwise I'll probably stick to Ketchikan.

Hi again:) I have not done either but have been to Ketchikan

twice and can tell you the one there always gets rave reviews:D

Whenever I walk around there it always sounds like a really

fun time (hokey or not) if you enjoy it, go for it:).

Actually, I keep thinking about what I want to do there this

time~I am sailing to Alaska on Sept 6th on Mercury.

I might go see it on this sailing...really, whenever you are walking

around and if the show is going on(you can hear everything from

the street) it just sounds like everyone is having a lot of fun:D

Archived