Elite Members

snowman

Can anyone of you tell me what the cut off is for lunch with the Captain. Last year we went and the cut off was 16. I am interested in the Diamond but I would like other ships also. It was a real nice affair. Thank You!The "Snowman" has spoken.

It is usually 8-10 couples invited. The people with the highest total number of days sailed on Princess/P&O/Sitmar are invited. Sometimes that means that means that Platinum-level travelers are invited over Elite members, since Captain's Circle levels are based on number of cruises, not days sailed.

Can anyone of you tell me what the cut off is for lunch with the Captain. Last year we went and the cut off was 16. I am interested in the Diamond but I would like other ships also. It was a real nice affair. Thank You!The "Snowman" has spoken.
Depends on the ship how many are invited but frequently 30. The itinerary will determine if there is a lunch or if there is only a "most traveled" cocktail party with the Captain and his first officers. It is hard to know if you will be invited just by your Captain Circle level because it is based on most traveled as spongerob said. We were invited for cruises # 11, 12 and 13 but not 14 or 15 (with 139 days) so that might give you some idea.

Just wallking down the hall and looking at the number of Elite door tags gives you some idea if there is a possibility for an invitation on that cruise.

Also look for the "Patter" notice to see the Captain Circle Rep if you have sailed more than so many days. The higher the number the more "traveled" passangers onboard. Never could figure out why they ask you to see them because they know already how many days you have sailed with Princess.

We have been invited twice and I think it depends on the size of the luncheon which depends on the size of the ship. The first on the Grand Princess there had to be 15-20 couples attending. On the Tahitian Princess there were only 10 couples. We sat with the Cruise director on the first one and the Staff Captain in October on the Tahitian.

The first time we were invited we had maybe 10 or 11 Princess Cruises and the second we had 13 (on the 13th we were the 6th most traveled Princess Cruiser onboard but that was on the tiny Tahitian Princess). All this will depend on the other passengers status on your sailing. We have found that the longer cruises attrack the higher level of Princess Cruisers where as the shorter cruises attract the lesser traveled Princess Cruises.

Great food was served on both and they always have a special menu with the best desserts I have ever seen on any ship.

Lots of fun to attend these.

Have been invited to numerous ones and they have ranged from lunch/brunch with the Captain/Officers to a cocktail party.

Ummm, but can you share the amounts of cruises some of the passengers had at this lunch/brunch? We are all very happy that you have been to many of them but that still isn't helping the OP answer his question. :confused:

Thanks!

On our last cruise the passengers with the most days were recognized and awarded at the Captains' Circle cocktail party. Persons with the most cruises were invited to the Captains Luncheon. If I remember correctly, there were 4 tables, each with an officer/cruise director and 3 couples. We were with the cruise director. This was our 14th cruise.

Snowman

I don't believe there is a pre-set number. It seems to depend on how many Elite there are on-board, and then the numbers of cruises completed.Only a finite number are invited to brunch.

On Pacific Princess (new) Nov 03, we were among the invited, on Sun Princess 5-04 we weren't (didn't make the cut).

The first captain luncheon for us was on our 13th with 117 days, we just completed #19 with 157 days and have been invited to all but one......the invitation always says "as one of the most traveled guests, we cordially invite you........" i think it is normally the top 40 people........hope this helps

Just off the Diamond last week and have Elite status. Got invited to the captain's lunch last May to Alaska. Did not get invited last week. Inquired at Capt. Circle desk and was told the cut-off was 22 cruises. There were passengers onboard with 7-800 sea days. So, it just depends on who's on your cruise and how many days they have.

I was on the same Diamond cruise as Lynda and I was traveling with an Elite member who had 19 cruises and she was not invited. Out of the 2800 plus passengers onboard there were about 70 Elite members.

Last year on the Grand and 18 cruises she was invited to the luncheon.

Steve Hayes

What a bummer! Just so you will know. I originally booked the Nov/04 cruise in Jan/04 in a different minisuite because they wanted WAY to much for these two back cabins on Emerald port and starboard. Looked for availabilty one day in July and they were booked. In September I was playing around on internet and saw both cabins were available for only a few dollars more. So I called my TA and had her immediately switch my cabin.

Steve Hayes

Hi Steve, tried to book your last cabin for a couple of upcoming cruises--all booked. :mad:

O.K thanks to all, I guess we will have to wait and see, this will be number 16 on Princess so we are looking to our first Elite status perks. I understand from other posters that you can not order off the DR menu (room service) for breakfast but can you order off the menu (room service) for dinner. We are not in a full suite but a mini-suite. Thanks The "Snowman" has spoken

lyndabaker is right,it all depends on your particular sailing.

My wife is Elite (I just ride her coat tails with champagne glass in hand!) and we have been invited to one Captain's Luncheon,last year aboard the Star.

The food was easily the best we had all week and the pictures that were taken and then returned before we were done was a nice,thoughtful touch.

The freebie wines didn't hurt either...I remember needing a nap after that lunch!

What a bummer! Just so you will know. I originally booked the Nov/04 cruise in Jan/04 in a different minisuite because they wanted WAY to much for these two back cabins on Emerald port and starboard. Looked for availabilty one day in July and they were booked. In September I was playing around on internet and saw both cabins were available for only a few dollars more. So I called my TA and had her immediately switch my cabin.

Steve Hayes

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eyes open.

The Captain does not have a luncheon on every cruise is.

We were aboard the Golden Princess in October and were looking forward to the most traveled luncheon. The Captains Circle rep told us that because the Captain was new to this ship that he opted to not host this event.

I've been invited on the 3 cruises. However on the Dawn Nov 03, it was a cocktail party up next to bridge in the Officers Lounge with about 20 pax, I was not Elite but had about 140 days. On the Golden April 04, I was invited but didn't go. On the Coral last month went to luncheon with about 25 pax, I was one of 8 Elite's on the ship.

Harvey

Archived