No more past guest pins.

Fat Boy

On Esctacy, we did a B2B (5day/4day). The 5 day had a party with pins. The four day had neither. Kind of strange because the 4 day actually cost a couple bucks more than the 5 day. Can't recall what the holiday is supposed to be sailing - but my guess is that OP was told they were disconinued because they wer discontinued for 4 day cruises and less. Or they discontinued them for the Holiday because they ran out and couldn't be bothered to get more before they got rid of the boat.

The 4 day trips always been more expensive on the Ecstasy, drives me nuts. :rolleyes:

The 4 day trips have never had parties or pins.

Not to turn this thread in to a John Heald bashing deal, which is not my intention... What I really mean is that I think way too many folks take John's word as final - almost putting him on a pedestal. I am certain John means nothing but the best and I am sure he wants nothing but the best for Carnival and it's passengers but, he's been quoted over and over saying things that just don't pan out to be true. So, I think it's best to take his word like the rest from high-ups in large companies - treat it with caution. Just because John says it's so, doesn't mean it is so.

I think we're saying the same thing, just differently. :)

On Esctacy, we did a B2B (5day/4day). The 5 day had a party with pins. The four day had neither. Kind of strange because the 4 day actually cost a couple bucks more than the 5 day. Can't recall what the holiday is supposed to be sailing - but my guess is that OP was told they were disconinued because they wer discontinued for 4 day cruises and less. Or they discontinued them for the Holiday because they ran out and couldn't be bothered to get more before they got rid of the boat.

I don't think 4-day cruises are supposed to have the past guest party, but this was a 5-day cruise. We still had the past guest party, just didn't get the pins with the invite.

I asked if this was because they're retiring the ship soon. She specifically said that was not the cause. Rather, they were discontinuing the pins fleetwide. She did not say the new policy applied only on sailings of certain durations.

I am on the Splendor and have mine in my hand as I type!!

Paul

You've got talent-no way could I type if I had my Drink of the Day in one hand and my past guest pin in the other.

Hope you're having a wonderful cruise.

Just off the Glory today. No pins.:(

We received the pins last week on the Fantasy (May, 2009). My guess is that the information you were given is incorrect, and the lack of pins is a Holiday retirement issue.

I believe the information is correct since there were no pins on the Glory either.. maybe like some have said when the supply is gone... :(

The attendant did specifically say it was a change made "in the last week". This was on May 11th, day 3 of our May 9th sailing. Maybe she was misinformed. Maybe she was fibbing. Maybe some ships were quicker to implement the change. Maybe some ships have a bunch of pins they still need to unload.

Like others, I'd be willing to pay a couple bucks for the pin, too. Better still would be to include a coupon for the pins with the party invite. For those who want them, they're free. For those that don't want their umpteenth pin for the same ship, Carnival hasn't lost anything.

By the way, if anybody has an extra pin from the Celebration, I'd love to have it (wife's first cruise, no pin).

What do they look like from the gift shop? I am so sad, I really like these pins and collect them. Do the ones in the gift shop have the funnel and ship name?

Thanks Julie

If I can find my camera, I'll have my friend bring one over tomorrow and I'll post you a photo on this thread.

Just off the Glory today. No pins.:(

Yep...As I said earlier in this thread. Everyone from the cabin stewards to the pursor told us they were just about out(on the May 2nd Glory cruise) and they were being discoed. Must be like someone else posted. When a ship runs out it is done.....:(

I don't blame them for this - most people probably throw these away or sell them on ebay, lol. We have at least 30 Fantasy pins floating around the house somewhere - and we will gladly pass up on receiving any additional pins if it helps Carnival keep their prices low :)

Hello, I have an extra Glory or Splendor pin that I would be willing to trade for a Fantasy pin if you are interested. Email me: jmb1143@aol.com

Thanks

Here's the pin the steward left with our invite to the past guest party last month.

Thanks for posting the pic, but that is not the one I wanted to see a pic of. The pin I asked her to post a pic of was the one from the gift shop. I wanted to see how much difference there are in the pins. I have never seen one in the gift shop...but I shall be looking for them now!

I was really looking forward to gettting a pin on my sailing in the next few weeks. I have a few extras from past sailings, but I think they should of gave the ones that collected them an option to get them. Maybe one per room.

There is still an option to get them - they will still be available in the gift shop to purchase, so if you collect them, you can continue your collection.

Archived