Mexico travel restriction lifted

emdia43

I can hear it already, "I paid for a cruise to Canada, dammit, and Carnival went South to all that heat and humidity. Not only that, those idiots don't even speak English. I'm never cruising Carnival again." :D

I don't understand why they don't let the Legend return before mid-June. They do not have to re-schedule anything.:confused:

Exactly!

We are on the Valor and will be cruising right by Cozumel as we leave Roatan and Belize. This is now a sea day. Yes I am pouting, lol Give me back Cozumel dang it!! :p

I don't understand why they don't let the Legend return before mid-June. They do not have to re-schedule anything.:confused:

It could be that they have their contracts on hold until those dates and they can not enter the ports until then. I think that they have already had to pay hefty fines for cancelling for 2 months and they don't want to have to pay more fines to come back early. Not only that, but I bet the ports that they have been using required them to do a 2 month contract to make sure they would have them coming in for a certain length of time.

It could be that they have their contracts on hold until those dates and they can not enter the ports until then. I think that they have already had to pay hefty fines for cancelling for 2 months and they don't want to have to pay more fines to come back early. Not only that, but I bet the ports that they have been using required them to do a 2 month contract to make sure they would have them coming in for a certain length of time.

All of that could be true, but just recently there was an article that Mexico's president was trying to get cruise ships to come back and was substantially lowering the port fees. I would think they would do anything possible to get Carnival back before mid-June.

And the Legend is not getting an extra port, just a sea day.

Archived