GLORY DAYS 5/2-5/9...the human perspective!

A little background on what this review is about, and not about, just so ya know :>)

It isn’t about excursions (didn’t do any) or the shows (didn’t see any this trip)…it’s about getting together with my CC Sinna family ( Saints and Sinners), the ship activities (emphasis on the nightlife:>), our port activities (St Thomas and St Maarten, didn’t get off in Nassau), and how fabulous the Glory is. If you are getting to sail on her, I’m bettin’ you will be WAY more than pleased!

We were scheduled to go western but as we all know, Miss Piggy foiled that plan, and we headed east instead. Not that it ever mattered to me, give me ports, give me no ports, just get me on the ship with peeps I love!!! I’m a TOTAL rah-rah-sis-boom-ba! girl when it comes to getting out to sea and Carnival cruising, and blessed for it!!

If I may digress just a moment to say that this time of year is especially difficult for me, it’s the anniversary of my son Andy’s death, followed by his birthday, all within a four week time frame…finding this CC family literally changed my life… it renewed my energy for life, I have re-connected with all the joy and silliness life offers, and learned how to celebrate my son, which is all as it should be. I LUVB my Sinnas-Crazies-Dreamers-Crossers-Bloggers-CC peeps!!!

For this sail, we were a group of 7 from the Saints and Sinners who sailed together last year for SS4 on Destiny, and are sailing the Legend this October on SS5. For SS4, Damian Brell was in the Piano Bar, and that Piano Bar became Sinna Central for the duration of our 9 day cruise, he is an amaaaaaaaaazing musician/songwriter who is releasing his first original CD this month. We luvb him!!!

Our group for Glory was Jessemon (Jeffie), Gaylensgigi, (Bonnie) and DH Steve, Lilmatcat (Vickie), Smoofdaddy (Smoofie) and his Mom, Mama Linda, and of course, our own rock star Stowaway Freddy!! Don’t miss Freddy’s review! There were a couple things Freddy didn’t get to do with us on this trip, so I won’t duplicate too much LOL!!!

Sailing on Glory was not in any of our plans until late March, when we heard that Damian would be in the Piano Bar on Glory for a few weeks, with the week of 5/2 his last on board! Jeffie and I booked the day after we heard, and within the next three days 7 of us were booked, and heading to Port Canaveral on May 1 for a pre-cruise party WOOOOHOOO!!!!!!

It was surreal the way it all came about…we were motivated by seeing a friend who is a special performer and artist, and we were celebrating getting together with each other. Lots of joy!!!

It got better even before we boarded: more Sinnas-Crazies-Dreamers joined us in Cocoa Beach for the pre-cruise party on Friday night…my sister and BIL HeyJude and DaytonaDan (Dan and Judy), Socref124 (Mike) and DW Laurie, Caliber (Jess) and DW Lyn, and Sandgnat (Sandy), more WOOOHOOO!!!! Some of us were meeting off-board for the first time, but you would never know it by the party we had!!

We stayed at Doubletree Oceanfront Cocoa Beach and it was a good place to be! It’s about four miles south of the port on A1A. Free parking for the cruise, rooms were good and have balconies (request a high floor, it’s set back from the sea as Cocoa Beach requires), it’s on the ocean, and has a bar and restaurant. We gathered on the pool deck, then later we muddled a bunch of mojitos (Floatie style ;>) and got the party started!!

I know Freddy covered the excursion to Coconuts so nuff said about that…but there are lots of great bars/restaurants on the beach in Cocoa!! You know it’s a great time when even the taxi ride is a hilarious highlight!!

Here are some <early> pics of our Doubletree pre-cruise partay:

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

Go ahead...ask me how many peeps can fit on a balcony!

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

It all went wonderfully downhill from here...;>)

Next morning we used Cocoa Beach Shuttle to take us over to the Port. This is one of the easiest ports IMO, and CB Shuttle was great!!! You can call ahead for your ressies, if they bring you in from Orlando airport they discount your transfer to the port the next morning. The driver was awesome! Nice van with a trailer for luggage. The hotel offers a shuttle, but it was later than we wanted to go!

A few easy miles up A1A north and there she is!!! It never changes for me, that first glimpse of the funnel!! Instant butterflies, almost there, WOOOHOOHOO!!!

First peek of the fabulous funnel!!!!:D

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

We were at the port around 10:45, and on board by noon. WOOOHOOOOO get us to Lido, that first DoD is calllllling!!!:p

God love you, Sweetie!! Glad you did this get away. I think it was VERY good for you!

I'm ready for the dirty details!!! :D

LOLOL!!!! Yes it WAS, very good indeed!!! Cruising is ALWAYS good for ya!!!:D

Dirty details??:eek: Whatevah do you mean...:o;):p

That first view of Lido is SO ahhhhh-finally-home-again!!!

Glorydays6.jpg

We set up camp on Lido, main pool starboard…our home base on most days for the week, at whatever hour anyone wandered up. Dod’s all around!!! It was a glorious day to sailaway!!! We started off right with a Sinna tradition, the crowning of Jeffie’s hat, with a thong. Amazing how this is an immediate draw, and we met all the folks in the vicinity, who studied wth we were doing for a minute or two, then the smiles and giggles broke out when they realized what it is :>)

DSCF1012.jpg

ONE of my new Floatie Penguin buddies, brought by Vickie all dressed for Cinco de Mayo...

Glorydays3.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

Here’s a good one of Freddy, who was jealous of Jeffie’s adornment. I think in October for SS5, Freddy will need a thong all his own!!

DSCF1025.jpg

I always need to run around to take it all in, and of course, to race straight to Fish n’ Chips for my first bouillabaisse and oysters!!! Don’t miss Fish n’ Chips!!

From Lido main pool area, head aft to the Red Sail Grand Buffet area. When you get to the open center, you will see a most gorgeous display of sweets, and a staircase going up to the second level. At the top of those stairs is Fish n’ Chips, open for lunch every day and hardly discovered STILL!! Yummmmmmo!!!!

This is the incredible dessert display in the Grand Buffet area....everything you see in the centerpiece is made chocolate and sweets, even the bottles, simply amazing!!!! Right off the bat you're in trouble :>) I had a cream puff on my way to the oysters:eek::rolleyes:

Glorydays13.jpg

Glorydays12.jpg

And then, what I crave till I get there!!!

Bouillabaisse and oysters...don't forget to pick up the french bread and butter!!

Glorydays10.jpg

Glorydays11.jpg

I bet your son is looking down on you, smiling, and saying, "GO, Mom!!!". What better way to celebrate the life of a loved one lost, then to live your own life as joyous as possible. I truly believe our loved ones would want it this way. God bless you for being so strong.

I agree with your cruising philosophy... right port, wrong port, no port... makes no difference to me....I'm Cruising!!!

Loving the review and looking forward to more.

More, more! You all sound like a great group! I love Stowaway Freddie reviews. Now I get to hear it from a different perspective. On the Glory in Sept. Can't wait! Keep the review coming..

Shawn:D

Aw thanks Shawn!! It IS a great group and we have a TON of fun!! Come on over and see us anytime!! Next sail is 10/18 on the Legend!!!:)

Wow, since I am on Lido only in my mind:rolleyes::p...I have to go cook or go hungry:eek:....I'll be back shortly for Happy Hours!!!:D

I bet your son is looking down on you, smiling, and saying, "GO, Mom!!!". What better way to celebrate the life of a loved one lost, then to live your own life as joyous as possible. I truly believe our loved ones would want it this way. God bless you for being so strong.

I agree with your cruising philosophy... right port, wrong port, no port... makes no difference to me....I'm Cruising!!!

Loving the review and looking forward to more.

That's exactly what I think, and what a lovely thing to say...thank you from my heart:)

cant wait to read more........

SHERI!! How are ya?? I remember, when I first found CC, prayin' you all the way to FL to catch the Glory, along with a couple hundred other of your closest CC friends LOL!!! LOVED the happy ending, and your review!!!!!:D

Here’s a good one of Freddy, who was jealous of Jeffie’s adornment. I think in October for SS5, Freddy will need a thong all his own!!

DSCF1025.jpg

Hey!!!! I was just told it was a new kind of sun visor with the latest in high tech polymer technology!!! I didn’t realize at the time they were skivvies!

This was an incredible cruise,all about celebration of lives,and I feel very lucky to have been able to go. We originally had an eighth person, but life jumped up and kept him from being with us.We carried him in our hearts.

I made a new friend,Vicki,who I had only talkd to online,and built on my other friendshipds. I am here to tell you,Mama Linda is a class act,true southern lady who can say Sumbich with the best of them.

This was an incredible cruise,all about celebration of lives,and I feel very lucky to have been able to go. We originally had an eighth person, but life jumped up and kept him from being with us.We carried him in our hearts.

I made a new friend,Vicki,who I had only talkd to online,and built on my other friendshipds. I am here to tell you,Mama Linda is a class act,true southern lady who can say Sumbich with the best of them.

:D:D:D You have to explain the "sumbich" when we get to the Piano Bar, BonBon, LMAO!!!!!

And you win the most-determined-to-go prize, switching a booked cruise to go on this one!!! I'm so freakin' happy you did!!

Okay Floatie...enjoying your review...waiting for more. I was on this cruise with yall. Had a great time. I met yall at the Supper Club. Hope you didn't mind me introducing myself, but when I saw Stowaway Freddie, I just had to say HI. Tell everyone I hello for me.

Archived