GLORY DAYS 5/2-5/9...the human perspective!

OK that's all for tonight kids, I am pooped from fighting the photobucket!!:p:D

Tomorrow I will get to the nightlife and entertainment, then the ports, WOOOHOOOO they were fabulous!!!

See you tomorrow.....

Man, seeing those pics from dinner in the supper club is making me SO jealous! And the Victory doesn't have one. :( And I will add my 2 cents and say that the people on these cruises are some of the best around! I haven't sailed with the group in a couple years, but once a Sinna, always a Sinna! ;)

Man, seeing those pics from dinner in the supper club is making me SO jealous! And the Victory doesn't have one. :( And I will add my 2 cents and say that the people on these cruises are some of the best around! I haven't sailed with the group in a couple years, but once a Sinna, always a Sinna! ;)

HIYA Judy!!:D

Can't wait to meet you in April, or sooner!!:)

DSCF1076.jpg

I'm wondering what Freddy is doing in the water glass :eek: :rolleyes:

Great review, Floatie! It sounds and looks like you all had a blast! Half of me wants to cruise with you all but the other half wonders if i would survive! :D

I always need to run around to take it all in, and of course, to race straight to Fish n’ Chips for my first bouillabaisse and oysters!!! Don’t miss Fish n’ Chips!!

From Lido main pool area, head aft to the Red Sail Grand Buffet area. When you get to the open center, you will see a most gorgeous display of sweets, and a staircase going up to the second level. At the top of those stairs is Fish n’ Chips, open for lunch every day and hardly discovered STILL!! Yummmmmmo!!!!

This is the incredible dessert display in the Grand Buffet area....everything you see in the centerpiece is made chocolate and sweets, even the bottles, simply amazing!!!! Right off the bat you're in trouble :>) I had a cream puff on my way to the oysters

Glorydays13.jpg

Glorydays12.jpg

And then, what I crave till I get there!!!

Bouillabaisse and oysters...don't forget to pick up the french bread and butter!!

Glorydays10.jpg

Glorydays11.jpg

Ack! Barf! :eek: Oh well, I suppose it's only natural for a penguin to like this stuff. . .:rolleyes: I'm tellin' ya, it's not fit for human consumption. . .blech. . .see-they even hide it on the ship!

All these pics of Sinna friends and the Lido deck are making me very homesick for y'all!:( I see Steve-O has cut his beard off!:eek: And Jeffie, I have several pics of you, Duckie, and Allen with those dental floss/head/hat ornaments from the Coz bus excursion!:p

I'm wondering what Freddy is doing in the water glass :eek: :rolleyes:

Great review, Floatie! It sounds and looks like you all had a blast! Half of me wants to cruise with you all but the other half wonders if i would survive! :D

Thanks Ron!

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I know that feeling, I had it before SS4 last year:eek:

Not only will you survive, you will pine away until the next one, I promise!!:p:cool:

Ack! Barf! :eek: Oh well, I suppose it's only natural for a penguin to like this stuff. . .:rolleyes: I'm tellin' ya, it's not fit for human consumption. . .blech. . .see-they even hide it on the ship!

Oh Cindy, LMAO!!!!!!!!! So says a true Cheesehead!!!:rolleyes:;) Luvb ya girl!!!:p

I agree 100%. I took my first S&S cruise last year as a solo cruiser and this group made me feel so welcome. Some greeted me with hugs but all greeted me with a smile. I felt like I've known this group for years and I can hardly wait to see everybody again in October.:) I must admit I'm really excited about finally meeting the infamous Freddy.:D

And We can hardly wait to see you again, Glo!:) I miss your smiling face! It will be fun watching GG trying to get you drunk again. . .poor guy just couldn't match your determination!

Speaking of Freddy, Laurie and I have a friend for him to meet-a partner in crime, so to speak, who used to accompany us on some of our escapades when we were a bit younger. He's coming out of retirement this fall. . .

Exactly so for me too! SS4 was my first SS cruise, my first CC group cruise, and my first time sailing solo in my life. I knew no one except through the boards, and yet, I knew everyone the minute I met them in FLL airport and throughout the week. Simply amazingly fabulous!!!:D

It was the same for Laurie and I, Eva! I just hated going home! Had to leave the Glowing Home party before the sniffles really set in!:o:(

Great review Floatie, and we had a blast in Cocoa with ya'll Friday night. :D

It's Saintly Jess!!! not...:p;):D

HIYA man!! It was great to get together there, and for Lyn's birthday too!!!

Did ya book 5 yet??? DO IT DO IT asap please!!! We're on Deck 4 aft now WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

Love your review so far, Miss Floatie!

I will chime in to say that I absolutely love Butch! I know there are always threads popping up here to debate about who cares, who doesn't about the CD. Personally, I don't think the CD would make or break a cruise but they can definitely enhance it!

Well, now to the Piano Bar fun….and the reason this whole trip came together! After late seating dinner, we made a beeline for the PB, and we were there until closing, then on to the disco, and we were there until closing, then on to Lido pizza, and we were there until whenever as we each saw fit…lmao….

The PB was the star of the week. We found out when we boarded that Damian could only play through Tuesday, some immigration work thingy…for us, that was just more good news since as of St Maarten, he could be a passenger like us, and we had way more time to hang out and visit with him!!

If you haven’t heard Damian Brell, go to MySpace and hear some of his original music…he is an amazing talent, a great guy, and highly skilled in his craft. Best of all, he brings an energy to the music that is palpable from the second you walk in, it fills the PB. You watch as peeps come in, sit down, and start to feel what he’s doing…simply the best. What happens is, first night, no seats at the bar if you get there shortly after he starts... second night, no seats at the bar before he starts and the tables start filling up with the overflow.....third night, dayum, we had to hustle to get our sinna places, and standing room only....that's how it goes. Funny thing, all of our early dinner seating new friends would kind of block our standing places at the bar for us until we got there, gotta love it!!!

In the PB, he does the standards, and he does a lot of songs you NEVER thought you could hear from a single piano player, and he does some of his own songs if you ask. Actually, he plays whatever is asked for, if he can. He even beautifully played some Bolero for me this last trip!!! Some favorites, David Bowie, Elton John, Coldplay, Thompson Twins (Doctor Doctor, OMG), Billy Joel, just many many more. For the sinnas, Wild Rover is a signature song since we sailed with him on Destiny in 2008…and so it continued this trip and we taught all of our new PB friends how we do it…LIFT UP YOUR SKIRT!!! The bestest of times, sumbich!!!

DSCF1061.jpg

DSCF1054.jpg

DSCF1055.jpg

DSCF1053.jpg

Damian's favorite wine, Nobilo...Freddy had his eye on it all night....

DSCF1049.jpg

DSCF1068.jpg

Whatcha doin' on page 2???:eek: Get a move on with the review, Missy-we're waitin'!:D

Waitin' on you too, Mr. Saintly!:rolleyes: Just get 'er done!

Oooopsy!!:o:p I'm sorting pics and picking out faves, and I WANNA GO AGAIN!!!! WAHHHHHH!!!!!

Now I am going downtown to have lunch with my Nutty girl!!! Will continue at Happy Hours!!:D

Love your review so far, Miss Floatie!

I will chime in to say that I absolutely love Butch! I know there are always threads popping up here to debate about who cares, who doesn't about the CD. Personally, I don't think the CD would make or break a cruise but they can definitely enhance it!

Thanks Colleen!!!:) Butch WAS fantastic!!! And it showed in all the staff too!!!!:D

Archived