GLORY DAYS 5/2-5/9...the human perspective!

I loved the Lido parties this week, I found it even better than usual. I think this reflects amazingly well on the CD, Butch, and the entertainment staff. It felt like more live music was scheduled at more times, more dancing <<to the right, to the right, totheright totheright totheright>>…and laughter, and the energy was contagious!! Always great participation by the passengers, and loads of silly fun!!! They played a bust-the-balloon game on Lido that I had not seen before and OMG it was gut-busting funnnnnny!!!!!

Most afternoons found us here, and our group grew every day!!! Wonderful bunch of peeps were sailing with us this week, and lots of new friends made! These are Lido pics from throughout the week…cause the days get kind of mixed up…;>)

DSCF1241.jpg

This is Bonnie and Steve....Steve is the taker of most all of these pictures, I'm here narrating....;>)

DSCF1023.jpg

Some of our new friends from the Piano Bar....

DSCF1242.jpg

DSCF1210.jpg

Fabulous surprise this trip, after Tuesday, Damian (on the right here) was a passenger just like us WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

DSCF1211.jpg

And this was our group of 7 by about Day 4....What a great bunch!!!!

DSCF1212.jpg

Okay Floatie...enjoying your review...waiting for more. I was on this cruise with yall. Had a great time. I met yall at the Supper Club. Hope you didn't mind me introducing myself, but when I saw Stowaway Freddie, I just had to say HI. Tell everyone I hello for me.

WOOOHOOO HIYA Nana!!!! Not only do I not mind, please chime in as you like, wasn't it the greatest sail!!!! It was great meeting you!!!

Floatie, I am lovin this review! Seeing all the pics of my friends...OMG, I can't wait to see you guys again!!! :D

And for anyone wondering what the Saints & Sinners are all about, they are the most awesome bunch of peeps in the world! I feel truly blessed to have made so many wonderful friends:)

It was such a GREAT cruise. I had my daughter with me (her first cruise) and a wonderful husband that made it so special. While we were waiting in the terminal is when I met one from your "gang". Can't remember which one she was, but we started talking and introduced ourselves from the cruise critic boards, then I realized I had chatted with her on here. She was in the priority seats. Nice to put a face with a name. I just wished I had made it to the meet and greet.

Nana, that would be Vicki,who,at this very minute is sailing on the Freedom!!!!Its funny that a plastic pink bird would identify us:) And we had a great time in that supper club.Glad you and your family had as good a time as we did.

Linny,you were there with us, we carried you right next to Rob.Floatie is right about the group of people who eventually made it to that Lido table.We may have talked some of them into joining us on the Legend

Floatie, I am lovin this review! Seeing all the pics of my friends...OMG, I can't wait to see you guys again!!! :D

And for anyone wondering what the Saints & Sinners are all about, they are the most awesome bunch of peeps in the world! I feel truly blessed to have made so many wonderful friends:)

Truly blessed!!! Hard to post pics and bawl like a fool at the same time LMAO!!! Miss everybody!!!

It was such a GREAT cruise. I had my daughter with me (her first cruise) and a wonderful husband that made it so special. While we were waiting in the terminal is when I met one from your "gang". Can't remember which one she was, but we started talking and introduced ourselves from the cruise critic boards, then I realized I had chatted with her on here. She was in the priority seats. Nice to put a face with a name. I just wished I had made it to the meet and greet.

In the VIP area was probably Vickie...although Bonnie is a peep magnet, so friendly you love her on sight, so who knows!!:D

You'll have to jump on a group cruise and we'll do it again sometime!!!:)

We set up camp on Lido, main pool starboard…our home base on most days for the week, at whatever hour anyone wandered up. Dod’s all around!!! It was a glorious day to sailaway!!! We started off right with a Sinna tradition, the crowning of Jeffie’s hat, with a thong. Amazing how this is an immediate draw, and we met all the folks in the vicinity, who studied wth we were doing for a minute or two, then the smiles and giggles broke out when they realized what it is :>)

DSCF1011.jpg

Richard Petty likes feathers on his hat....I prefer these.....LOL.....:D

Thank you for the gift Floatie.......:cool:

People started to look at us like"surely he dosnt have drawers on his head" but as they got closer,started to smile,and laugh.

What I remember the best is all the laughing.

Me too, laughing from the time I stepped off the plane in Orlando and still laughing at will!!!:p

I agree 100%. I took my first S&S cruise last year as a solo cruiser and this group made me feel so welcome. Some greeted me with hugs but all greeted me with a smile. I felt like I've known this group for years and I can hardly wait to see everybody again in October.:) I must admit I'm really excited about finally meeting the infamous Freddy.:D

Lovin your review Floatie....man it looks like you guys have sooo much fun!!!

Don't just take our word for it....book with us! You won't be sorry!;):D And we just love getting new folks in the group, especially fun ones;)

I loved the Lido parties this week, I found it even better than usual. I think this reflects amazingly well on the CD, Butch, and the entertainment staff. It felt like more live music was scheduled at more times, more dancing <<to the right, to the right, totheright totheright totheright>>…and laughter, and the energy was contagious!! Always great participation by the passengers, and loads of silly fun!!! They played a bust-the-balloon game on Lido that I had not seen before and OMG it was gut-busting funnnnnny!!!!!

Most afternoons found us here, and our group grew every day!!! Wonderful bunch of peeps were sailing with us this week, and lots of new friends made! These are Lido pics from throughout the week…cause the days get kind of mixed up…;>)

And this was our group of 7 by about Day 4....What a great bunch!!!!

DSCF1212.jpg

This turned into so much fun. Peeps from all walks of life and so amny areas. This is really what cruising is all about. We know of at least two couples here that are joining us on our next cruise with S&S. It is amazing if you are having fun how many good people are attracked to the fun. Even the wait staff had to get in on it.

People on the Lido deck are saying "What in the world is going on over there and can we get in on it ?";)

Some of our new friends from the Piano Bar....

DSCF1242.jpg

I have to relate a story here.....

The fellow on the left side of the pick is from Lon-gsiland (LOL). He walks steel in NYC in construction. He is really funny. His buddy one night in the disco says "Ask him what he thought about Air Force One flying over Manhattan last week." I said am I going to here some slightly obscene language here?" He laughed. So I asked.....We were rolling on the floor. Every other word had something to do with f's and mf's and so on.

Just to let you all know...He was walking steel on the 27th story of a new building going up and they had to run down 27 stories to the street. They shut down the construction elevators so they might not get trapped if the worst should happen......(Not funny to the bonehead that came up with the idea to do this over NYC)...Now the funny part....He got even more verbal when telling us his lunchbox was up on the 27th story and had to climb all those stairs to eat....

I thought I would wet myself listening to this.......

OK I’m doing this the way my brain organizes it, which is days, nights (parts one-two-three), ports, and everything else. So the nights were, well, FUN!!

We ate in the dining room, Platinum lower, for five of the nights. Our wait team, Puvodol and Vladimir did not know quite what to make of us at first, but LOVED the fun we were having!! The Maitre’d came over the first night and said, oh, I like the energy in this group!!! We were enthusiastic ;>) I didn’t have a meal that was a disappointment, especially the Chateau Briand, the Veal Parm, the Tiger Shrimp, and of course, the pumpkin soup, the escargot, and the wild mushroom soup, and of course, the desserts!! OMG, Bitter and Blanc, and WCMC were always fit in there, along with a double espresso…yummmmmo!!

LOVED the dining staff entertainment!! They did it up right, and it’s always one of my favorite parts of the cruise!! We heard O Solo Mio beautifully done on Captain’s Night and we were right next to the Captain’s Table!! It was WAY cool!! First they turned the dining room RED, and they use both levels of the dining room so the view is outstanding!!

We heard Finiculi Finicula and got to go crazie with the napkins…you know, the staff beams when you show your appreciation with the napkins, they really do!!!!

That’s Amore was another night, and the conga line song another night, but the conga song is completely gone from my memory except that it was a new one in the DR for me, and I did the conga of course!!

I missed one of my all time faves, Hey Baby (Heeeeeeyyyyyyy….Heyyyyyy Baby OOO! AHH! ) one of the two nights we were in the Supper Club, but we made up for it later, I’ll tell yas then….

DSCF1037.jpg

DSCF1038.jpg

The Captain, now tell me he ain't havin' fun too!!!

DSCF1047.jpg

DSCF1222.jpg

DSCF1223.jpg

I agree 100%. I took my first S&S cruise last year as a solo cruiser and this group made me feel so welcome. Some greeted me with hugs but all greeted me with a smile. I felt like I've known this group for years and I can hardly wait to see everybody again in October.:) I must admit I'm really excited about finally meeting the infamous Freddy.:D

Exactly so for me too! SS4 was my first SS cruise, my first CC group cruise, and my first time sailing solo in my life. I knew no one except through the boards, and yet, I knew everyone the minute I met them in FLL airport and throughout the week. Simply amazingly fabulous!!!:D

I have to relate a story here.....

The fellow on the left side of the pick is from Lon-gsiland (LOL). He walks steel in NYC in construction. He is really funny. His buddy one night in the disco says "Ask him what he thought about Air Force One flying over Manhattan last week." I said am I going to here some slightly obscene language here?" He laughed. So I asked.....We were rolling on the floor. Every other word had something to do with f's and mf's and so on.

Just to let you all know...He was walking steel on the 27th story of a new building going up and they had to run down 27 stories to the street. They shut down the construction elevators so they might not get trapped if the worst should happen......(Not funny to the bonehead that came up with the idea to do this over NYC)...Now the funny part....He got even more verbal when telling us his lunchbox was up on the 27th story and had to climb all those stairs to eat....

I thought I would wet myself listening to this.......

OMG I laughed till my face hurt!!!:p:D

We did the Emerald Room Supper Club two nights because one night wasn’t enough…it was fantastic! The staff is outstanding, and Jeffie got us a table on the last night when it was sold out!! I love the atmosphere too!!

This is my second time on a ship with a Supper Club, and I continue to feel the surcharge is well worth it! We also added to it for extra gratuity from the group.

Freddy had a fine time for himself too, and the staff just loved him!! ALL the chefs were lined up at the cook stations watching the antics with big grins!!

DSCF1076.jpg

DSCF1074.jpg

DSCF1075.jpg

Archived