Dress/shoe help for the coordinating challanged...help!

sharod

OK, I know I am going to wear this dress, but now I need shoes. I really like these Kenneth Coles, and love the bronze color. But not sure if the color and style with match. If anyone could give me their input I would greatly appreciate it!!!

V254576_P52.jpg

BRzCbKgWkKGrHgoH-CQEkJwwr3WBJ3RVgSQ.jpg

Love the dress! As for the shoes, I really like the style and think that the style would go, just not sure about the color...IMHO I think maybe silver would look better...But whatever you choose to wear, you will be a knockout!

I agree that silver would look better, otherwise black. Although, I'd go for a shoe with a little more going on, like strappy or some shiny embellishment, since the dress is simple. Speaking of the dress, I love it!!! Where did you get it? I want one.

Love the dress! As for the shoes, I really like the style and think that the style would go, just not sure about the color...IMHO I think maybe silver would look better...But whatever you choose to wear, you will be a knockout!

I agree that silver would look better, otherwise black. Although, I'd go for a shoe with a little more going on, like strappy or some shiny embellishment, since the dress is simple. Speaking of the dress, I love it!!! Where did you get it? I want one.

Yea, I know:(. I really wanted this sandal I pictured below, unfortunately it is only available in gold. Oh well, I still have a month to find a pair, or for the silver to come back into stock.

The dress is from Victoria's Secret. I love it!! You could roll it in a ball, smooch it flat, and it would come out unwrinkled;)! I found it on Ebay for half the price AND free shipping:D!!!!

Z5996SH.jpg

I disagree with the first 2 posters. Bronze is a more neutral color and will pretty much go with any thing. I think you have to be careful with both gold and silver shoes, as they sometimes seem TOO shiney and can end up looking a little tacky. I think the bronze is classy shade of metallic.:)

Now don't flame me on the gold and silver shoes! Depends on the shoe, you've all seen a tacky looking shoe sometime or another!;)

The dress looks great! Good job!!

While the gold and silver sandals are beautiful and sexy, will you be able to wear them more than once on your cruise? If the answer is "no", then I would opt for the first, bronze shoe. I agree that bronze is more neutral - but the big reason is that the first shoes are pretty enough for that smashing dress, but versatile enough to wear with daytime clothes. Packing shoes for a cruise is always challenging. I try not to take any shoes that will go with only one outfit. And the bronze shoes also look like they could be used with a larger variety of outfits once you get home.

Happy shoe hunting!

Donia

I really love seeing gold with that purple color. Gold can be pretty versatile if it's not too shiny. Some nice gold tone leather shoes are easy to find at stores like Nine West & Bandolino. I'm bringing a pair of gold strappy sandals on my cruise next weekend to wear with both my yellow formal dress and a red dress with some gold on the trim.

I like the bronze color of the first shoe, I just think the shoe is too casual for the dress. Bronze or pewter are far more versatile and are more neutral colors than silver or gold, something to consider when investing in a pair of shoes.

If you could find a bronze or pewter with a more delicate strap, I think they would be perfect.

I like the bronze color of the first shoe, I just think the shoe is too casual for the dress. Bronze or pewter are far more versatile and are more neutral colors than silver or gold, something to consider when investing in a pair of shoes.

If you could find a bronze or pewter with a more delicate strap, I think they would be perfect.

I'm with you on this one--the shoe shown with the picture of the dress is too casual and a bit to "heavy" looking for the dress! Dress is gorgeous.

I have this shoe

0074641710252_215X215.jpg

In this bronzy color

0074641708557_215X215.jpg

I guess I just wanted an excuse to buy those beautiful bronze sandals;). Maybe I will just buy them anyways!!

There, I admit it, I am a shoe whore:eek::D!!!! Is there a 10 step program for that:confused:????

Repeat after me: I do not have a problem. I do not have a problem.

Look at it this way - when we buy shoes, we are supporting the economy. How would the people who make shoes feed their children otherwise? YOU ARE HELPING LITTLE CHILDREN.

Now go out and buy those shoes!:D

And if you can find a pair that go better, well then, buy those too.

Repeat after me: I do not have a problem. I do not have a problem.

Look at it this way - when we buy shoes, we are supporting the economy. How would the people who make shoes feed their children otherwise? YOU ARE HELPING LITTLE CHILDREN.

Now go out and buy those shoes!:D

And if you can find a pair that go better, well then, buy those too.

Ha ha, I like your way of thinking:D!!!!

Why in the world limit your shoe purchases? I like the first sandals pictured, I think they would look great with a sundress or jeans :)

Although I don't pack a dozen pair of shoes on a cruise, I limit myself to 5, at home I see no reason to not have a lot of choices.

I love the dress and I love the color! I am thinking of a dress sandal that is multi-colored which includes the color of the dress. for some reason I can not copy pictures of samples but try zappos.com and click on dress sandals and click multi-colored. Oh, I bring 10-12 pairs on cruises all the time...I pack them last on top of everything and inbetween everything.

Have fun!

coka

If you do not like the multi-color try these although not sure...not my style but some might like it: http://zapp.me/7446436

It was fun searching! My opinion is to not do black, bronze, silver or gold....go for the multi, slimmer shoe, less bulky sandal. Try even payless or other sites...these things come in all prices!

Do not swear by me though...I am a bit quirky.

coka

Archived