Parasailing on HMC?

Kissyfur19

We are booked on the Carnival Liberty for Sept and one of our stops is Half Moon Cay. I was wondering if there are any excursions for parasailing (maybe something from the beach)? There does not seem to be any listed under Carnival's excursions. Since this is a private Island...I wasn't sure if there was anything else offered outside of what Carnival has listed.

Thanks!

If carnival doesn't list it as a shore excursion there, it isn't available. You are right that only ship offered excurions/activities are available at most cruise line private islands. Princess Cays is the only exception that I know of.

We are booked on the Carnival Liberty for Sept and one of our stops is Half Moon Cay. I was wondering if there are any excursions for parasailing (maybe something from the beach)? There does not seem to be any listed under Carnival's excursions. Since this is a private Island...I wasn't sure if there was anything else offered outside of what Carnival has listed.

Thanks!

I just returned from HMC last week and there was parasailing on the list of excursions provided on the ship. I saw people parasailing near the ship. Looked like fun.

• 1 month later...
We will be there on june 10 and i booke the girls a 10:30 time on the carnival site. That info did not come out right away so keep checking

We are leaving in 3 days!!!! to go on the Miracle and are also going to HMC...we are scheduled to do the parasailing and I was wondering what you guys thought of it? Also, I called carnival and asked if some of the guests in my party were able to watch the parasailing and Carnival said they sell observer passes on board...Did you know of anyone that did this? I wanted someone to be able to take pictures of us up in the air :)

Thanks in advance.

Nicole

BTW I am new to cruise critic and hope I am doing this posting right :o

• 10 months later...

I was wondering about this also. My sister and I are thinking of parasailing in HMC and we read observers (our parents) would not be allowed on the boat. We are both over 18 so its not a big deal but I would be interested to hear if anyone else knows about the observer passes, how much they are, where you get them, etc. Also if it is possible to observe from the beach, pier, ship, etc. Thanks!

I did the parasailing in HMC in November. It was fantastic. I am 53 and was always afraid to do so because of safety issues. No problem with that on HMC. They guys who ran it were very professional and safety conscious.

The boat only takes 6 people at a time and you have had to buy the excursions to get on it. So, if someone wants to observe, they have to buy the excursion and just sit on the boat. If you want to have someone take pictures or movies, just ask one of the passengers on the boat. We took turns doing that. BTW, my mother watched me parasail from her balcony on the ship with a pair of binoculars.

I did the parasailing in HMC in November. It was fantastic. I am 53 and was always afraid to do so because of safety issues. No problem with that on HMC. They guys who ran it were very professional and safety conscious.

The boat only takes 6 people at a time and you have had to buy the excursions to get on it. So, if someone wants to observe, they have to buy the excursion and just sit on the boat. If you want to have someone take pictures or movies, just ask one of the passengers on the boat. We took turns doing that. BTW, my mother watched me parasail from her balcony on the ship with a pair of binoculars.

Did they let 2 people go on together? My daughter and her BF want to go together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My husband signed up last summer but only the first person got to go. It then got to windy. He's going to try again this cruise. We leave Sunday on the Pride. He tried to go in St. Thomas but the transmission on the boat went out and he couldn't go. If it's cancelled this time............ :( I parasailed over Ohau and it was spectacular.

• 6 months later...

A 2011 update about this, someone was asking about going in pairs....I found the info below on the Holland America website

:D

Guests under the age of 18 will not be permitted to parasail without written consent from a parent or guardian. Children under the age of 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum weight is 75 lbs. Maximum weight is 250 lbs. The captain will determine chute size based on the conditions of the day. Water landings may be required should the weather conditions deteriorate. Wind conditions dictate whether guests parasail in pairs or as singles. Altitude varies but may be as high as 450 feet. This excursion is not recommended for pregnant women.

Archived