Excursions from Rovinj???

Hello Fellow Cruisers!

I am in the process of deciding what we will do when we visit the port of Rovinj, Croatia in October, and having difficulty finding much info at all.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has visited this port - what did you do when you were there? I am particularly interested in learning more about a couple of possible shore excursions. One is a tour of Rovinj and a visit to the Pino Tidic Family Village Home. The other includes the seaside town of Porec and the Matosevic Family Winery near Krunicici.

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Tammy

When I was there we did a wonderful excursion where we went hunting for truffles with dogs in the woods about an hour or so from the town. Although it was not truffle season we enjoyed the experience and then went to a small hotel overlooking the valley where we had an exquisite lunch on the terrace with all courses prepared with truffles. I still remember the aroma.

That afternoon we walked around the town itself, up the hill to the cathedral and along the pierside where there were lots of cafes and restaurants. Rovinj is a beautiful port. Enjoy!

When I was there we did a wonderful excursion where we went hunting for truffles with dogs in the woods about an hour or so from the town. Although it was not truffle season we enjoyed the experience and then went to a small hotel overlooking the valley where we had an exquisite lunch on the terrace with all courses prepared with truffles. I still remember the aroma.

That afternoon we walked around the town itself, up the hill to the cathedral and along the pierside where there were lots of cafes and restaurants. Rovinj is a beautiful port. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the reply. I'd love the information for the company you used, if you know it. Thanks again!

Tammy

Tammy,

This tour was a ship's excursion, one of the few I did because I normally book private tours. But it sounded so terrific I decided to give it a try and it did not disappoint. We were on Seabourn, btw. I'm not sure which cruise line you are on but they may offer something similar. If not try googling Rovinj and see what comes up under tours. They may have something similar there. Good luck!

Archived