Triumph 05/10/09 Review With LOTS of PICS!!!

ebandive

How would you rate the service of the ships staff , ?

Everything was excellent. In fact, I don't think I've ever been on a cruise where I've seen the staff enjoying themselves so much. Meaning, it was not uncommon to see guys picking on eachother or open flirting between staff members. It was never over the top, but if you took the time to notice, it was obvious. Some may not like that, but it added another dimension of "fun". I figure that if the staff are having fun and enjoying eachother, it will result in better service.

We will be on the Triumph this afternoon and will report back next Sat....

Have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing back from you!

I was born in Puerto Rico and grew up in manhattan and now live in Houston. I would love to fly to Puerto Rico and spend couple of days there and then cruise from there.

Ah, a southern caribbean cruise out of San Juan. Also on my "to-do" list!! :)

My only problem was that you made me late for work two days....because I could NOT stop reading!! You have sold me on Capt Alan's tour...and I now want to do a Triumph cruise to San Juan!! Congrats to you and Charlie...I'm glad you worked it out so that you were able to take all of the pictures!! Thank you, Erin!! (And PS. The beach picture was great! You look soooo happy!)

Erin, thanks for a great review. I am glad you and Charlie had such a wonderful cruise. Like others have said, I especially enjoyed your optimism on your vacation despite some delays and some rainy days. The Triumph will be moving soon to New Orleans, so I hope one day to take a cruise on that ship out of NO. Congratulations on your nursing school graduation and best wishes at your new job! I am recently home after an extended hospital stay--I was very thankful for the many great nurses who provided excellent care to me.

I know at least one poster was interested in a link to all the pictures. I now have my complete album posted online since I didn't post every picture here.

http://ebandive.shutterfly.com/

:D:D:D

AMAZING PICS & REVIEW ERIN - THANKS! Super pumped after reading this for my first cruise ever which happens to be on the Triumph from NYC to Canada - thanks for giving me a great outlook of what to look forward to!!!

Thank you so much for posting this review. I have spent the last few hours reading and looking at your photos. What an amazing trip and special couple you are. I am also happy you connected with your table mates, that was cool.

Great pictures, great review, congrats on your new job and cant wait to hear about your next cruise ... or your first 'little addition'.

:) Totally Awesome

And I am so sad it has come to an end, Erin. You and Charlie feel like old friends...and your "review" is that good book you just can't put down (and secretly carry to the bathroom) :o. You are a loving, compassionate and optimistic young woman--and it shines through your photo journal like the sunrises you love to photograph. You will make as fine a nurse and mother as wife and travel companion.

One day, when you are old, break out that St. John beach shot...I promise you that you will think to yourself, "Wow, I sure was beautiful back then." Embrace it in the here and now (trust me on this, for I well recollect a snapshot of me sitting on a picnic table in a jade green bikini when I was in my early 20's and I STILL remember how horrible I thought I looked--I didn't).

I am sailing on the Triumph with my 29 y.o. daughter and new grandson in December out of my home town. The purpose was to lessen the burdens of toting the baby equipment. But now, I am truly excited about the cruise, and I can't wait to thank the kind soul who sent me this link--can't wait to share it with my daughter. I don't do ship entertainment, so I usually like the music cruises, but after reading your review, I realize that none of that matters. Cruising with them will be so much fun and bring memories that I will forever cherish, no matter the weather or how the pizza tastes, or whatever else. We are going to three ports in the Keys and the Bahamas that I haven't visited yet. Sitting through the entire 13 pages on my numb butt, I realized I was smiling with anticipation as I watched the "items" load on the pages...your review was as much fun as if I were there, and has me so excited about our upcoming cruise...mere words can't thank you enough.

As a person who often comes close to sparing no cost for cabins or excursions, it was most enlightening to hear your assessments of costs and to see what a great time you had while minimizing them. I have spent much more to do the same things as you. In St. John, I took an expensive taxi to the ferry to the beach at Trunk Bay in St. John. On that long and harried trip, I was so nervous about several things, including the wild cab ride, worrying about making it back, and disappointing my excursion mates, that I got there and (like them, unfortunately), I thought, "is that all there is--all this time, all this expense, and this is it--this tiny little beach?" I don't think I enjoyed the beauty of it until I saw it through your eyes. It is obvious that you had a maximum amount of fun for a minimal amount of money not only on that excursion but on the entire cruise--a valuable lesson indeed. It would be an honor to someday go on the "Sail with Erin and Charlie" cruise. The subtitle would read, "How to Have a Great Time in an Inside Cabin."

One note about USVI: I ended my trip to Trunk Bay on a lovely note on my music cruise aboard the NCL Dawn in January '08: took the tram ride near the cruise ship dock. You sit atop a mountaintop and sip the VI version of bushwackers in a souvenir tram mug--or whatever else you prefer to drink and eat--while getting a bird's eye view of the area. What a tranquil experience and breathtaking view: mountains, flowers, beautiful waters, passengers from other ships running to the dock, and most of all, your own ship which you are definitely not going to miss... The tram is not expensive--I bought my pass from NCL for about $6 but it can be purchased at the ticket office for the same price, I seem to recall. Erin, if you go back to St. Thomas someday, you should check out the view up there. It was my birthday on the day we went to St. Thomas, and after all the nervousness of traveling so far to and from St. John, the excursion ended on a sweet note.

I'm off to thank the CC'er who forwarded the link to your photo journal. I do hope you and Charlie are able to take another cruise before you have the little ones to contend with...Carnival has some great deals out there as low as a few hundred bucks (do I sound like a travel agent, LOL)...you'll soon have your nurses' salary. One of the great things about nursing is you'll soon be able to pick up extra whenever you want working PRN shifts on the side...someone I know did PRN as her entire job so that she could spend more time at home with her children.

Just caught up with the last of your review, all I can say is, FANTASTIC review and pictures, sad its the end, I enjoyed reading it so much , you have a way of making us feel we re there with you. Well done and thank you. Maz x:)

AMAZING PICS & REVIEW ERIN - THANKS! Super pumped after reading this for my first cruise ever which happens to be on the Triumph from NYC to Canada - thanks for giving me a great outlook of what to look forward to!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you so much for posting this review. I have spent the last few hours reading and looking at your photos. What an amazing trip and special couple you are. I am also happy you connected with your table mates, that was cool.

When I came home I definately missed eating dinner with them! :)

Great pictures, great review, congrats on your new job and cant wait to hear about your next cruise ... or your first 'little addition'.

:) Totally Awesome

Thanks!

WOW.....Great review ....wonderful pictures

Thanks!

My only problem was that you made me late for work two days....because I could NOT stop reading!! You have sold me on Capt Alan's tour...and I now want to do a Triumph cruise to San Juan!! Congrats to you and Charlie...I'm glad you worked it out so that you were able to take all of the pictures!! Thank you, Erin!! (And PS. The beach picture was great! You look soooo happy!)

I take no responsibility for making you late to work!! :D And thanks for the compliment!

And I am so sad it has come to an end, Erin. You and Charlie feel like old friends...and your "review" is that good book you just can't put down (and secretly carry to the bathroom) :o. You are a loving, compassionate and optimistic young woman--and it shines through your photo journal like the sunrises you love to photograph. You will make as fine a nurse and mother as wife and travel companion.

One day, when you are old, break out that St. John beach shot...I promise you that you will think to yourself, "Wow, I sure was beautiful back then." Embrace it in the here and now (trust me on this, for I well recollect a snapshot of me sitting on a picnic table in a jade green bikini when I was in my early 20's and I STILL remember how horrible I thought I looked--I didn't).

I am sailing on the Triumph with my 29 y.o. daughter and new grandson in December out of my home town. The purpose was to lessen the burdens of toting the baby equipment. But now, I am truly excited about the cruise, and I can't wait to thank the kind soul who sent me this link--can't wait to share it with my daughter. I don't do ship entertainment, so I usually like the music cruises, but after reading your review, I realize that none of that matters. Cruising with them will be so much fun and bring memories that I will forever cherish, no matter the weather or how the pizza tastes, or whatever else. We are going to three ports in the Keys and the Bahamas that I haven't visited yet. Sitting through the entire 13 pages on my numb butt, I realized I was smiling with anticipation as I watched the "items" load on the pages...your review was as much fun as if I were there, and has me so excited about our upcoming cruise...mere words can't thank you enough.

As a person who often comes close to sparing no cost for cabins or excursions, it was most enlightening to hear your assessments of costs and to see what a great time you had while minimizing them. I have spent much more to do the same things as you. In St. John, I took an expensive taxi to the ferry to the beach at Trunk Bay in St. John. On that long and harried trip, I was so nervous about several things, including the wild cab ride, worrying about making it back, and disappointing my excursion mates, that I got there and (like them, unfortunately), I thought, "is that all there is--all this time, all this expense, and this is it--this tiny little beach?" I don't think I enjoyed the beauty of it until I saw it through your eyes. It is obvious that you had a maximum amount of fun for a minimal amount of money not only on that excursion but on the entire cruise--a valuable lesson indeed. It would be an honor to someday go on the "Sail with Erin and Charlie" cruise. The subtitle would read, "How to Have a Great Time in an Inside Cabin."

One note about USVI: I ended my trip to Trunk Bay on a lovely note on my music cruise aboard the NCL Dawn in January '08: took the tram ride near the cruise ship dock. You sit atop a mountaintop and sip the VI version of bushwackers in a souvenir tram mug--or whatever else you prefer to drink and eat--while getting a bird's eye view of the area. What a tranquil experience and breathtaking view: mountains, flowers, beautiful waters, passengers from other ships running to the dock, and most of all, your own ship which you are definitely not going to miss... The tram is not expensive--I bought my pass from NCL for about $6 but it can be purchased at the ticket office for the same price, I seem to recall. Erin, if you go back to St. Thomas someday, you should check out the view up there. It was my birthday on the day we went to St. Thomas, and after all the nervousness of traveling so far to and from St. John, the excursion ended on a sweet note.

I'm off to thank the CC'er who forwarded the link to your photo journal. I do hope you and Charlie are able to take another cruise before you have the little ones to contend with...Carnival has some great deals out there as low as a few hundred bucks (do I sound like a travel agent, LOL)...you'll soon have your nurses' salary. One of the great things about nursing is you'll soon be able to pick up extra whenever you want working PRN shifts on the side...someone I know did PRN as her entire job so that she could spend more time at home with her children.

Wow... this was beautiful. Thank you so much. :):):)

Just caught up with the last of your review, all I can say is, FANTASTIC review and pictures, sad its the end, I enjoyed reading it so much , you have a way of making us feel we re there with you. Well done and thank you. Maz x:)

Maz, Thanks for sticking with it and for all the feedback! :D:D:D

LOVED all the pics of Triumph! We are sailing on her June 2010 out of New Orleans, and I can't wait. This will be the first time taking our 3 boys on a cruise. We had an IS cabin on Conquest last month, and it wasn't bad at all. We didn't stay inside long enough to miss the windows, and like you said, you sleep like a rock because there is no light coming in. Every morning I would sit up thinking I had slept half the day away, and it was only like 6 oclock!!

Congrats on finishing nursing school. My middle sister has been an RN since 1997.

LOVED all the pics of Triumph! We are sailing on her June 2010 out of New Orleans, and I can't wait. This will be the first time taking our 3 boys on a cruise. We had an IS cabin on Conquest last month, and it wasn't bad at all. We didn't stay inside long enough to miss the windows, and like you said, you sleep like a rock because there is no light coming in. Every morning I would sit up thinking I had slept half the day away, and it was only like 6 oclock!!

Congrats on finishing nursing school. My middle sister has been an RN since 1997.

Thanks for the response. I hope you love the Triumph as much as we did! My hint that I didn't mention earlier: If Jorge is still the cruise director, sit in the front row during the first show the first night, and you just may have a great seat saved for you the rest of the week, plus more champagne than you'll know what to do with! ;) :D:D:D

Erin,

I had to come back for the ending!!! We're going on the Triumph to celebrate my son's HS graduation next month and this was a tantalizing preview.

I sincerely wish you and your DH all the best with those nesting plans. I'm guessin you'll be taking oodles of baby pictures before you know it.

I've gotten up early to see the ship slip in to PT Canaveral and your pictures brought back the same feelings. Gorgeous! This layout is very similar to Glory - your 'secret' deck - is it at the very front of Lido?

Delightful post in every way!

D

Thanks D! You are correct, just go to deck 9 and walk all the way forward and you will see the door straight ahead in the left hallway. You will also be able to find a "secret" door on decks 6, 7, and 10. Have a great trip next month! :):):)

Erin,

FANTASTIC review!!! I am glad you both took care of my baby (Triumph was my first ever cruise). It brought back so many good memories I thought I lost in 3+ years since being on that ship.

Just as you stated in your posts, my wife and I (we are both 24 years old, together for 5 years and married since September) are getting the "Baby Bug" and this might be our last cruise for a while coming up on the Valor.

I would be happy if I could prepare a review half as good as what you did!

Congrats on your job, future endeavors, babies, and married life!!!

Take Care,

Bob

Chicago

Thanks so much for doing this review. Hubby and I and son and DIL will be on Carnival Triumph in November of this year. I can't wait to sail on her! I thank you for the pics...beautiful, just beautiful!

Thanks and enjoy your trip!

Great album on shutterfly!

Janice

Thanks Janice! :)

Erin,

FANTASTIC review!!! I am glad you both took care of my baby (Triumph was my first ever cruise). It brought back so many good memories I thought I lost in 3+ years since being on that ship.

Just as you stated in your posts, my wife and I (we are both 24 years old, together for 5 years and married since September) are getting the "Baby Bug" and this might be our last cruise for a while coming up on the Valor.

I would be happy if I could prepare a review half as good as what you did!

Congrats on your job, future endeavors, babies, and married life!!!

Take Care,

Bob

Chicago

Bob, you got me for a minute there when you said I took care of your baby!! Thanks! I hope you have a great time on the Valor!

Thank you.

Very possibly one of the best reviews ever.

Thanks!

I laid down to go to sleep, and five minutes later the alarm went off (or so it felt). But I was not about to waste my last few precious hours of vacation so I got myself out of bed and got dressed and went up to my spot on deck 9 fwd.

This was the first time that I felt a bit uncomfortable out there by myself. I wish Charlie had come with me, but he had to drive home so he stayed in bed. There were a couple of guys out there when I arrived... and a girl feels a bit nervous when she's alone in a dark place with a couple guys she doesn't know. I just tried to keep my distance and keep them in my peripheral vision at all times. Nothing ever happened, but it did make me feel a bit uneasy about the situation.

The good thing was that I did in fact make it up on time to see us draw near to Miami.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

passing South Beach

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Is that a UFO in the sky in the top picture?

Great Great review Erin!!! What is your process for getting your pictures onto your posts?

Archived