Best place to zip line?

Costa Rica. Hands down.

Breathtakingly beautiful! And we were so high up we couldn't see the ground.

I'm going to be zip lining in Costa Rica soon! Did you do it through My Friend Mario? (or is that the Panama one, I always get them mixed up!)

My 2010 cruise is going to Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Isla Roatan. I've been looking at the zip lines in Belize and Isla Roatan and can't decide between the 2 and who to book with.

Do Victor bodden in Roatan, he was the best. He will take you anywhere you want all day.

I have done two locations in Jamaica, once in Belize & once in Roatan. The Pirate Extreme in Roatan has been my fav. by far. If you like to be high & see great views of the ocean then it's great. I have enjoyed each place I've done it at just a bit different in each way. You'll have fun no matter where you decide. In Roatan we did the Pirate Extreme with Victor Bodden, had a great day. From what I've read on the port of call thread it sounds like he's pushing the one at his house which is new. We saw it & it didn't look all that thrilling to me.

My 2010 cruise is going to Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Isla Roatan. I've been looking at the zip lines in Belize and Isla Roatan and can't decide between the 2 and who to book with.

In Belize we did the Cave Tubing & Zipline with Nacho & Cynthia. They were awesome & a great lunch inside the air conditioned resort. The day before was Roatan with Victor Bodden. We did the zipline at both places. We did the Pirate Extreme so we could have the jungle style in one place & long high zips in another.

I have done two locations in Jamaica, once in Belize & once in Roatan. The Pirate Extreme in Roatan has been my fav. by far. If you like to be high & see great views of the ocean then it's great. I have enjoyed each place I've done it at just a bit different in each way. You'll have fun no matter where you decide. In Roatan we did the Pirate Extreme with Victor Bodden, had a great day. From what I've read on the port of call thread it sounds like he's pushing the one at his house which is new. We saw it & it didn't look all that thrilling to me.

On his site I only see the Mayan Jungle Canopy which I read is next to the Monkeys...so I'm guessing this is the one near his home?

On his site I only see the Mayan Jungle Canopy which I read is next to the Monkeys...so I'm guessing this is the one near his home?

Yes, that's the new one at his home. It was under construction when we were there. He must be trying to divert the ziplining there. It looked pretty rinky dink to me. You may want to e-mail him to see if he will still give the option of going to one of the other's with his drivers.

Seems like Belize gets the popular vote. What makes Belize THE best? Anyone care to compare Belize to Puerto Vallarta??

I think Belize is so popular because there isn't much else to do there!!!LOL. I really enjoyed my day with Nacho & Cynthia doing the zipline/cave tubing. You zipline first then cave tubing then go inside for a nice lunch that's included in the price.

We did Belize and combined it with cave tubing. NOT recommended. We almost missed the ship! And we didn't get lunch! Only do one or the other. I had a lot of fun. At the end I asked the guy where the stairs were to get down and he told me I had to repel. 30 feet straight down with a line on which the "slow down" gear didn't work! We had a blast!

I'm really interested in the Roatan Extreme zip lining mentioned. I found the Pirates of the Carribean Canopy website and so I'm leaning towards that. Anyone done the add-on Beach package with them?

In Belize, I found the Chukka Zipline Canopy - is that where you guys recommend?

I think Belize is so popular because there isn't much else to do there!!!LOL. I really enjoyed my day with Nacho & Cynthia doing the zipline/cave tubing. You zipline first then cave tubing then go inside for a nice lunch that's included in the price.

I think you are right. We did a city tour of Belize and were bored out of our minds. We didnt find much to do in Belize like other ports except cave tubing and ziplining.

roatan has beautiful beaches, and diving and snorkeling and west end is fun, west bay for the beach, just a lot more choices. I felt like belize was so poverty striken.

I'm really interested in the Roatan Extreme zip lining mentioned. I found the Pirates of the Carribean Canopy website and so I'm leaning towards that. Anyone done the add-on Beach package with them?

In Belize, I found the Chukka Zipline Canopy - is that where you guys recommend?

did you look at cave tubing . com site for belize?? see what they have? it came with good recommendations.

So its not a matter of - Its the best location to zipline but just that there isn't much other options??

Seems like Belize gets the popular vote. What makes Belize THE best? Anyone care to compare Belize to Puerto Vallarta??

We have ziplined in Belize and Puerto Vallarta (Los Veranos). We liked ziplining in Puerto Vallarta better. Belize was only about 6 to 7 zips, where Puerto Vallarta is around 15. Puerto Vallarta was longer and faster, and you end at a really great complex. There is a river you can jump into, monkeys to play with, and a restaurant/bar. The last zip in Puerto Vallarta is two parallel lines, so you race another person. I'm glad we did Belize first or I think I would have been disappointed. Belize is good if you've never ziplined before. It is in and around some cool caves and rock formations. We are trying ziplining in Vancouver in a month. We'll see how it compares...

Archived