Weather - Is it going to rain on my cruise

surfgirl67

Don't look at weather reports. On my cruise last year, there was rain in the forecast pretty much every day of the cruise. It only rained once...in St. Martin, for about 10 minutes. The rest of the cruise was great weather...maybe a few clouds here and there, but warm and nice.

Don't worry about it. You can't change it anyway, so just go and have a great time. If it rains, it will not be cold anyway, and it probably won't last too long.

Have a fun cruise! :)

UGHHH - just looked at the 10 day forecast and it's calling for rain in Nassau on Sunday 5/24. I also noticed it shows rain in St. Thomas next week.

It's not uncommon for brief rains at this time of year. Usually (and hopefully) they will be brief.

However, I must say that last May while in St. Maartin it poured all day long so we just stayed on the ship. It rained in St. Thomas too but only for about an hour just after we docked.

Yeah, most likely it will rain at some point on your cruise. It usually does to us but not enough to change plans. Toss a couple of super cheap plastic ponchos in your luggage - I find they are good insurance ;)

It always cracks me up at the beach when people run for cover at the first sign of rain - Hello, you were just IN the water :p

It's pretty much like southern Florida. It rains and then it stops. You're in the tropics, so they're going to forecast rain - it's a good hedge for the weather forecasters. Relax and enjoy. You'll have plenty of sun;).

On our last cruise the weather called for rain all day, every day, in all ports.

It rained once for about two minutes in one of the ports and the rest of the time was sunny and beautiful. I think it could rain just about any time in the Caribbean and Bahamas so they forecast it to be on the safe side.

On our last cruise the weather called for rain all day, every day, in all ports.

It rained once for about two minutes in one of the ports and the rest of the time was sunny and beautiful. I think it could rain just about any time in the Caribbean and Bahamas so they forecast it to be on the safe side.

Agreed!!!!!!!

Go and have fun!

Thanks...I was hoping it would be like Florida - we go every summer to Panama City and I think it rains a little nearly every late afternoon. I can handle that....I can't wait to float away to paradise and get a fabulous tan.

UGHHH - just looked at the 10 day forecast and it's calling for rain in Nassau on Sunday 5/24. I also noticed it shows rain in St. Thomas next week.

It rains every day in both of those places. It is rare that it is a settled in, all day rain, it is intermittent showers. No big deal, go have a good time.

Thanks for all the replies........I can't believe that my vacation is about to start......I live in Atlanta, GA - so we are driving to Cape Canaveral on Friday and staying at Country Inn & Suites. I just want to be on that ship (Glory) and away from the day to day norm...spending time with my DH and DS (9 years old).

Archived