Question regarding Cosol

wadecruiser

Hello all you knowledgeable people out there,

We are booked for the Cosol tour and are so excited about it! I was wondering if you could tell me what the size of the vans are? We are a group of 8 and was wondering if we will be in a van all by ourselves or if more people will be in with us?

I appreciate your info. :D

My husband and I did the Cosol tour this past Wednesday (May 13th) and we both highly recommend the tour. The van itself fits I believe 12 so 8 should be no problem. I just caution you that the roads are very very windy and some passengers had trouble with motion sickness.

My husband and I did the Cosol tour this past Wednesday (May 13th) and we both highly recommend the tour. The van itself fits I believe 12 so 8 should be no problem. I just caution you that the roads are very very windy and some passengers had trouble with motion sickness.

Thanks for the info. I have my scopalomine patch for motion sickness when I cruise so all is good.

:)

Did you ever worry about not getting back to the ship on time? We have done numerous cruises but tend to stick with ship excursions. At times that has paid off -- for example in Panama -- we would have missed the ship if we had taken a private tour.

I'm really tempted by this tour. Thanks for any comments.

Our ship left port at 5:00 p.m. and I think we were back by 4:15 p.m. Missing the ship was definately not a concern for us. It may have helped that all of us on the tour was from the ship.

I also did Cosol on 5/13 and believe me this is a very professional operation. We actually got back long before we needed to board. They know full well when you have to get back. I actually think this was one of the most professionally executed excursions I have ever been on, and this is from someone who up until Cosol, only took ship-organized tours (or did things on my own).

And if nothing else, you want Cosol for his breakfast. Oh if I could only have that again...

Hello all you knowledgeable people out there,

We are booked for the Cosol tour and are so excited about it! I was wondering if you could tell me what the size of the vans are? We are a group of 8 and was wondering if we will be in a van all by ourselves or if more people will be in with us?

I appreciate your info. :D

We are also one of many many that are great fans of Cosol tours. We had Bumpy as our tour guide and he was great. The whole tour was the best we've ever ever done.

My only suggestion was to make sure Cosol knows that you want to be in the same van, but I'm sure if you reserved 8 he will make sure you are all together, but I've always double checked everything, so I would email him and make sure he has you all together.

Great tour and you will be so delighted you booked this tour. It's the best we've ever taken.

i would have one person book all 8 of you. please remember cash only7. one person in my van thought he could use a credit card:eek::rolleyes:

i am going to use him again - for the breakjfast and al lthat great rum punch.

his home made is to die for. i can not wait to go back.

I'll jump in here and second all those that recommend Cosol's tour. It is BY FAR the best shore excursion we've ever been on. In fact, it was so good, that on our last cruise, every port after that we felt a little let down because nobody even touched the quality of Cosol's tour.

You will feel like you have seen a great spectrum of the island of St. Lucia. It quickly became our favorite port of call. The great thing about Cosol's tour is that not only does he show you all the sites, but he gives you a glimpse of the culture. The different food you taste gives you a whole other perspective. Seriously...don't eat anything that morning before you do the tour...you'll be stuffed! The rum punch is quite good too, so be careful!

There is something for everyone on this tour, so I'm sure everyone in your group will enjoy!

we are taking this tour in january, I am a little worried about getting back to the ship on time,but we are really looking forward to it. Did you get to swim at the beach that is between the pitons or anywhere else? Hate to wear a bathing suit all day fir nothing. Thanks ahead of tome.

Don't worry about getting back to the ship on time. Tours are his only business and he does not advertise, only by word of mouth via cruise critic. If he were to ever be late, it would immediately get reported and he will be out of business. In November this was also my first non-ship sponsored tour and I did not have a care about being late. The free Piton beers probably had something to do with that. Have fun.

Don't worry about getting back late. We were back promptly. I don't remember how much ahead of time, but I don't remember feeling at all rushed to get back on the ship.

We did have the option to swim for about an hour at a beach near the Pitons (sorry I can't remember the name). So pack that swimsuit!

I was also very nervous about taking the Cosol tour as our next stop after St Lucia was tenerife... rather a long way to fly..

As previously stated it is his business to get you back in time. We went with Yellowbird in March this year he checked which ship we were on and our departure time.

It was honestly the best tour we have ever done. well worth every penny. I would do it again. we are not ones for usually taking tours we usually do our own thing, but this gave us a fantastic tour of the island, a boat trip to the beach stop, more food and beer/rum punch than you can possibly want and a wonderful insight to the local culture. Well done Cosol.

• 1 month later...

Cosol's website doesn't list time for snorkeling at the beach (by the Pitons)

I stumbled on a post that seemed to indicate that his company wasn't allowed on the beach any longer. Does anyone have recent experience and know if the beach time is included?

Archived