Dining Question (Waitlisted,Confirmed,Waitlisted Again)

Hey guys

When we first booked our Victory cruise for Oct, we were waitlisted for late dining. Last week, I checked both of our reservations and they said we were confirmed for late dining - YAY! Welll... I just checked our ressies again tonight, and noticed it shows we're waitlisted again - BOO!

Has this happened to anyone else before? I was so excited to get the confirmed dining that I texted my husband, so I know I wasn't imagining things.

It seems a little strange to me so I thought I would ask over here to see if it's normal for the status to change periodically before you sail. Id love to know what to expect.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have :)

Robin

Its way harder to get early dining than late dining, so I dont think you have a thing to worry about. On the other hand I assumed we would get early and they gave us late on my last minute booking .... they must have run out of early spots and gave us late. I had to change it with the maitre d' the first day.... and didnt tell my cabin steward (who knew I needed to???) so then had a problem getting my cabin turned down at night.

so, I would say you pretty much have nothing to worry about since you want late.

Robin, I got a copy of Cruising Today in the mail. There is a feature article in the magazine about Carnival, in which is mentioned the new "Your Choice" dining option. I don't see it listed anywhere on the Carnival website, however. Could be that everybody's dining choice will be up in the air.

My cruise is in June.

I was waitlisted also when Carnival was changing their website. Then I was "confirmed". Just checked and still confirmed.

Not sure what's up with yours.

Me too! So strange--my sister and her family were waitlisted for early dining, and my mom and I grouped our reservation w/her's and were also waitlisted. A week or two ago we noticed we were all confirmed, and then just tonight I saw I was waitlisted again, but she is still confirmed. Very odd. We are cruising in June. I have to call my tomorrow anyways to get a shuttle booked, so I'll ask about it then if it hasn't changed back.

Me too! So strange--my sister and her family were waitlisted for early dining, and my mom and I grouped our reservation w/her's and were also waitlisted. A week or two ago we noticed we were all confirmed, and then just tonight I saw I was waitlisted again, but she is still confirmed. Very odd. We are cruising in June. I have to call my tomorrow anyways to get a shuttle booked, so I'll ask about it then if it hasn't changed back.

So glad to know it's not just me :) Let us know if you find anything out when you call.

I am on Victory in September. I just checked mine. Still showing as waitlisted for late dining. If I can't get it changed, then I don't imagine I will be eating in the dining room much. Doesn't matter to much to me about missing the dining room anyway lol, but the person I'm cruising with likes it. I've always asked for late dining and never had a problem before. With this itinerary I don't want to have to rush to be back on board at a certain time to get ready for dinner.

OP, worry is a useless as a handle on a snowball ;) I booked the Fantasy 5 days out for the 5/9 sailing. We were "late" waitlisted the entire time (all 5 days, lol). I knew that I could change my dining time to late if I'd ended up with early when I boarded the ship, so in reality, there literally is NOTHING to worry about. If you get early simply change it to late when you board. This is not a big deal :)

I've seen others recently who have had their status on the Carnival website changed from "confirmed" to "waitlisted" again.

I also read a review in the last couple weeks (can't remember the ship) where people had been "confirmed" on the website for early dining and they were given late once they got on the ship.

So, even if it says "confirmed" on the website, I don't think it is guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...

We had confirmed early dining last year and were assigned late when we got our S&S cards. The website doesn't mean a thing. Just wait until you get there and see what you get then go to the Matre D if there's a problem.

This time we are supposedly confirmed with anytime dining. We'll see.

IMHO you may find that the only truly "confirmed" are the Platinum folks. :) It's one of the perks to get your requested dining time. Now it doesn't always happen but......life happens and a visit to the MD usually does the trick. :D

Same thing leaving less than 2 weeks 2 cabins. First waitlisted, then confirmed now waitlisted again. Not worried I'm sure we will manage to get dinner somehow.

Same thing leaving less than 2 weeks 2 cabins. First waitlisted, then confirmed now waitlisted again. Not worried I'm sure we will manage to get dinner somehow.

Just checked again and guess what!!! We are confirmed again. Must be clean living I guess.

Archived