Just off FOS!! Ask away!!

What nights were formal nights. Even better, which nights were which menus? If you have kids, do you recall which nights were the kids dining w/ the group in Johnny Rockets?

thanks!!

Were you on the Eastern itinerary?

If so, could you please tell me if formal nights were 2 and 5? Also, is "lobster night" still on Friday (night 6)? We have a group of 8 sailing in June and we've booked specialty restaurants, but some in the group are concerned we will miss lobster night in the MDR.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

What time was it if you carried you own bags off the ship? I am wondering if it would be possible to do a 11.30 flight home. Do you happen to know what the price of a soda was?

Thanks very much. :)

I hope you had a great trip. Which cruise did you do the eastern or western ? When is formal nights? What time did they let people board the ship? What kind of coupons did you receive in your booklet. This will be my 2nd cruise so I don't know what you get in the coupon book. Did they give out free drinks when you got on the ship. Do they do theme nights, if so what kind? Sorry for all the questions, I won 't be going until Aug 23. :)

Any pics? Did you do Western? If so, what did you do in each port.

My computer isn't working at home so I can't post pictures yet :( I will ASAP! We did do Western! In Haiti my hubby did the zipline. I chilled on the beach. In Jamaica we did the "Falls and river tubing" tour with Phil Layfayette and in Grand Cayman we did stingray city with Fat Fish Adventures and then Dolphin Discovery! We missed Cozumel because of the flu but we were actually glad to have another sea day! We were SO tired! I would recommend every tour we did! We had an AWESOME time and were not disappointed at ALL!!

What time did you get to the port to board the ship? Any must do's? Please clarify if you stopped in Ochos Rios or Montego Bay. Thanks

We got to the ship around 11:30. We stopped in Ocho Rios. I LOVED Grand Cayman. The sting rays were freaky but I wouldn't have missed it for the world and the snorkeling there was GREAT! Most beautiful I have ever seen!

What nights were formal nights. Even better, which nights were which menus? If you have kids, do you recall which nights were the kids dining w/ the group in Johnny Rockets?

thanks!!

The formal nights were Monday (sea day) and Thursday (Grand Cayman day)! We didn't do the kid thing...sorry!

Were you on the Eastern itinerary?

If so, could you please tell me if formal nights were 2 and 5? Also, is "lobster night" still on Friday (night 6)? We have a group of 8 sailing in June and we've booked specialty restaurants, but some in the group are concerned we will miss lobster night in the MDR.

Thanks for your help!

The formal nights were 2 and 5. Honestly, we only went to the MDR one night (the first formal night). We were NOT impressed with the service nor food in the MDR.

Hi,

What time was it if you carried you own bags off the ship? I am wondering if it would be possible to do a 11.30 flight home. Do you happen to know what the price of a soda was?

Thanks very much. :)

We did NOT carry our own luggage off and were still on our way to the hotel by 8 AM!! If you carried your own bags I believe it was between 6 am and 8! This was our first cruise and I was very impressed by the luggage system! It was fast! No problems! The soda package was $48.30 and WELL worth it! I don't know how much they were individually.

I hope you had a great trip. Which cruise did you do the eastern or western ? When is formal nights? What time did they let people board the ship? What kind of coupons did you receive in your booklet. This will be my 2nd cruise so I don't know what you get in the coupon book. Did they give out free drinks when you got on the ship. Do they do theme nights, if so what kind? Sorry for all the questions, I won 't be going until Aug 23. :)

We had an AWESOME trip! Thanks! We did the Western! Formal nights were Day 2 and 5 (Monday and Thursday). We were onboard by 11:30 but I think you can usually get on by 10! We received no coupons. There were NO free drinks when boarding. They WERE walking around selling them! Don't be sorry for questions, I love to answer! They did do a theme night.. a 70's night but I can't remember which one!

Guess that means you also don't have any menus. Do you remember what the menu was on Jamaica night as we booked Portofinos. Thanks!!!

I don't :( I would stick with Portofino's though. The MDR was NOT good.

I don't :( I would stick with Portofino's though. The MDR was NOT good.

Where did you eat on the nights you did not go to MDR? Could you give some specifics on what you did not like foodwise? We will be on this cruise in two months. Thanks~

Where did you eat on the nights you did not go to MDR? Could you give some specifics on what you did not like foodwise? We will be on this cruise in two months. Thanks~

We ate in the Wind Jammer at the buffet most of the time. The pizza at Sorrento's was really good as well! We had the steak in the MDR, it was COLD and tough. The service was SLOW and not friendly (and yes I realize they are serving 1500 people or whatever:) I was under the impression that if your glass was half empty you would be filled, etc. We had to ASK for refills and butter. I am NOT a complainer but we just weren't impressed with the service nor quality! Have fun!

Wow, you can tell we have a ton of questions! I am leaving Sunday and you've answered mine already (compasses, formal nights, menus). So I will just say, THANKS! :)

Sad to hear about the MDR, though. I guess we will try the first night and second (1st formal). If it's really bad for us the first two nights, may just have to suck it up and book Chops/Portofino for the rest of the week.

Hello All

We were also on the Freedom from May 10th to the 17th sailing to the Western Caribbean. I have a review coming soon, but I just wanted to give another point of view if I may, I agree with most of Julzizzle's comments but I disagree with the Main Dining Room being not good. We had a group of ten and while it was not the best food we have ever had on a cruise it was still good for the most part in our opinion. There were some hits and misses definitely, misses included Surf and Turf that had shoulder steak??? and a filet dish that was also not very good but the hits were many appetizers and deserts and some of the best lobster on a cruise ship and some amazing tortellini!! The service was among the best in our 14 cruises. Just my 2 cents :)

Hello All

We were also on the Freedom from May 10th to the 17th sailing to the Western Caribbean. I have a review coming soon, but I just wanted to give another point of view if I may, I agree with most of Julzizzle's comments but I disagree with the Main Dining Room being not good. We had a group of ten and while it was not the best food we have ever had on a cruise it was still good for the most part in our opinion. There were some hits and misses definitely, misses included Surf and Turf that had shoulder steak??? and a filet dish that was also not very good but the hits were many appetizers and deserts and some of the best lobster on a cruise ship and some amazing tortellini!! The service was among the best in our 14 cruises. Just my 2 cents :)

I agree with you on the dining room. We were on the week before you and we thought the service was the best we've ever had and the food was not bad. We didn't care for the steaks, but there were so many other options, we just would get something else. We loved the staff and the cruise so much, we booked again for Aug 30th. Have a great cruise everyone!

I am going to try the first two nights too because the menus look the same as usual and we usually like those nights. That steak offered as an 'alternative selection' can be hit or miss, but we have usually been lucky.

I have heard bad things about the shoulder steak :( was that on its own, or with something else?

I have never had a problem with finding something I like on RC so it will be interesting to see if things went that much downhill. I have been on Disney, and I thought the food was very good. I went on NCl years ago, and I was very disappointed in the food, overall.

If I don't like any of the mains, sometimes I get a double order of starter.

Archived