New Years 2004- What ship?

We are a group of six, My parents (in their 50's) my sister and I and our boyfriends (20's). We are all pretty experienced cruisers,have done Celebrity, Princess, RCL, NCL, and Carnival, but have not tried the new RCL ships. What would be a good suggestion for New Years 2004, the new JEWEL? Would a RCL ship be a good choice? also, we are all flying in from different locations, is one day before (the 25th for a 26th sailing) enough time. Are these new ships as elegant as say the Celebrity millenium or are they jammed full of kids and gimmicks? Thanks for your help!

MiamiNicole,

I am hardly an expert, but here are a few of my thoughts:

First, you have to look at your budget. Royal Caribbean is mighty expensive for New Year's cruises, and there are few cabins left at this point, and they are HIGH.

If that's not an issue, come on the Jewel with us! We can't wait. If you want to read some reports and look at some pictures, go here and here.

Second: YES, there are lots of young people on New Year's cruises on RCI. All ages. The ships sail full. However, these ships are very well-designed, and do not feel overcrowded (at least to me). At midnight on New Year's Eve, everyone is jammed together to count down, but isn't that what New Year's is all about?

It's a great time to get away, and a great time to cruise.

Also, look at how your family celebrates Christmas (if you do). The Jewel sails from Fort Lauderdale on Sunday, December 26. If you want to arrive the day before "just in case", that means leaving home on Christmas Day. Oh wait, you live in Miami! You don't have to worry about that, you lucky people!

Have fun planning this great cruise, no matter WHICH line you pick or WHICH ship!

Carol

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;8;8;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-500

Voyager of the Seas - 5-day to Canada - NO AIRFARE!!!! 8/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;12;26;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-500

Jewel of the Seas 12/2004

Explorer of the Seas 12/2003

Explorer of the Seas 8/2002

<marquee>till we sail on the Jewel! New Year's Cruise.....12/26/04</marquee>

<marquee>..........................Oh, no! We have become New Year's Cruise Addicts!</marquee>

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Everything said is correct, but most importantly...book very soon, if you're looking for rooms that will hold more than 2 people the pickings will be slim, and I mean SLIM! If you can do 3 doubles you will have better luck and more choices.

Archived