recycling clothing among cc members

Oh wow, I never knew this thread existed! I have a whole bunch of beautiful size 14 dresses that I wasn't sure what to do with now that I have lost weight. I will take pictures and post them here for other cruisers.

If anyone has anything in size 10 I would definitely be interested! I love to dress up.

Oh wow, I never knew this thread existed! I have a whole bunch of beautiful size 14 dresses that I wasn't sure what to do with now that I have lost weight. I will take pictures and post them here for other cruisers.

If anyone has anything in size 10 I would definitely be interested! I love to dress up.

SusieV - I would be interested in seeing your size 14 dresses - I have lost weight and can wear 14s now! Congrats on your weight loss, size 10 WOW! :)

I would also be interested in size 14 dresses.

SusieV - I would be interested in seeing your size 14 dresses - I have lost weight and can wear 14s now! Congrats on your weight loss, size 10 WOW! :)

Thank you! I have lost 130lbs and I am just dying to wear something new and sexy :) I wear an 8.5-9 in shoes as well, depending on style (yes, believe it or not, feet lose weight too!).

I will post some as soon as I have time to go through my closet (DH is away on business and I'm home with the little guy!). I know I have about 5 dresses, all long.

Edited by SusieV

Thank you! I have lost 130lbs and I am just dying to wear something new and sexy :) I wear an 8.5-9 in shoes as well, depending on style (yes, believe it or not, feet lose weight too!).

I will post some as soon as I have time to go through my closet (DH is away on business and I'm home with the little guy!). I know I have about 5 dresses, all long.

Congrats on the weight loss!!! What an accomplishment.:D

Yes, 14 is a real sought after size... All of mine went quick.

I would also like to send out congrads on the weight loss, Susie... It is so hard to do and one really has to be dedicated to a new lifestyle... 130 pounds is beyond amazing... Good job!!

@Susie-HUGE congrats on the weight loss!!! So nice to hear that you are losing weight and doing so well!!!

I hope everyone else has been doing great. Trying to get my house reorganized before my son comes home for a visit. after that I will be posting a dress on here (once it is located)...it is really pretty, deep peach/coral colored floor length. It is an approx 14 (little loose) I would say. I will post when I am done fixing up the house..(prob be within 2 weeks)...

:D

Marie~ The mail strike is finally over here in Canada and the parcel arrived today. Thank you so much and I will put the check in the mail next week as Friday July 1st is another holiday without mail delivery here in Canada.

Happy 4th of July! :D

Thanks again...

Susie, what an amazing accomplishment! Congrats!!! I need to lose another 40 but it's such a slow process. (I've only lost 30 so far) What helped you stick with it long term?

I used the Nutrisystem program to lose but as for keeping with it, my son is my motivation. I want to be healthy for him and that means setting a good example. I don't want him to grow up with a weight problem and bad eating habits so I have to model the behaviours I want him to develop.

I figure that nothing tastes as good as living a healthy lifestyle with my family! Also, I have been writing a blog about my weight loss journey and I'd hate to have to tell everyone I fell off the wagon :D

@Smoothdancer

I got my dress and bra yesterday and I must say one thing...WOW! The dress is amazing! I was actually at post office to get your money order and the dress was there as well! I will send out your money order today, as I had accidentally left much needed info at home...LOL. Again...many thanks :D

@Smoothdancer,

I got the Blue dress yesterday. I was shocked that only the dress was in it I thought the tux was going to be in it tho.

So now I have another package to get all excited about when it gets here.:D

Thanks again the Dress fit absolutely fabulous and I have made my friend that works at the post office so jealous with these gorgeous dresses.:p

I've just come across this thread and I think it's a great idea. I'll have to go through my closet and see what can be recycled.

I wear an 8 (sometimes 10 if the cut is small) and am partial to empire waistlines, fitted torsos, V necks, halters and lengths that fall slightly below the knee or to the floor. Would love to see photos of dresses anyone may have. More than happy to cover shipping costs.

Turtle,

So glad you like the dress!

Gerry,

LOL, I guess that was a surprise for you!! I should of told you. I normally send out priority because it usually cost maybe just a dollar more. But due to the weight of the tux to send it priority along with the gown it was going to cost $44.00, so I put them in seperate boxes and the tux went out parcel post. The PO clerk told me it should arrive on Tuesday..... Between the 3 packages I sent you, the check you sent me covered all my postage costs. Perfect!!

LA, I am wondering if this is something you would like. This is a one piece outfit, wide pant legs and a sheer fabric overneath... Will fit a size 8-10 height 5'4 with a 2.5 heel. AUGG. not a very large picture, will try to find another if you like it.

CCF11162009_00005.jpg.1ad5ff35f9f64f045f793e6428375344.jpg

LA, I am wondering if this is something you would like. This is a one piece outfit, wide pant legs and a sheer sfabric overneath... Will fit a size 8-10 height 5'4 with a 2.5 heel. AUGG. not a very large picture, will try to find another if you like it.

Very nice...but I guess I should have said I am 5'8" (33" inseam). Pants are often a problem...need an 8 in the waist, a 10 in the thighs (due to sports) and a 12 in length...so I just tend to avoid pants for situations outside of my job. (For work, I am a regular at a store that sells business suits with a flared, longer cut that works great for me.) I'll probably end up finding/buying a Ralph Lauren black dress...RL dresses always seem to work for me.

Thanks for posting. Maybe someone else will be a better match.

Congrats on your weight loss, that is amazing!! I'm interested in size 14 dresses!

Ahhh LA, I understand, yes even my dresses would not fit you.

But I do agree with you on the Ralph Lauren little black dresses... I have a few staples RL dresses that I just would just never give up!! The bodice on these dresses can fit many shapes and OMG always so flattering....

I never regret buying one of them.... Good Luck on your shopping

LOL X....

I guess hubby/men will never understand why complete strangers get joy out of sharing dresses... Is a women thing for sure!! My husband as well does not understand why I am knee deep in sending out packages with no profit and happy....

Got to love them anyway!!

Turtle,

So glad you like the dress!

Gerry,

LOL, I guess that was a surprise for you!! I should of told you. I normally send out priority because it usually cost maybe just a dollar more. But due to the weight of the tux to send it priority along with the gown it was going to cost $44.00, so I put them in seperate boxes and the tux went out parcel post. The PO clerk told me it should arrive on Tuesday..... Between the 3 packages I sent you, the check you sent me covered all my postage costs. Perfect!!

LA, I am wondering if this is something you would like. This is a one piece outfit, wide pant legs and a sheer fabric overneath... Will fit a size 8-10 height 5'4 with a 2.5 heel. AUGG. not a very large picture, will try to find another if you like it.

Smoothdancer, I would be interested in the outfit since it didn't work for LA. I am 5'5 but can't wear real high shoes so it should fit perfectly. If no one else has asked for it I would be very thankful for it.

Gerry

smoothdancer, We got the package yesterday and the Tux almost fit Tom. The pants need to be let down about an inch which will be no problem and the jacket is just a little snug but like Tom said when he gets the other 20 lbs off it will be perfect.

He is trying to loose 25-30 lbs before the cruise so we are working on that goal. I need to loose about 15 more and then I will be at my goal weight. It has been a hard road but necessary.

Thank You again so much for your generosity.

Gerry