recycling clothing among cc members

Eight years ago I had a physical checkup. A week later, the doctor’s nurse called me and said she needed to make an appointment for me to see the doctor. I said NO! You tell the doctor to tell me what is wrong with me now, or I will come in to see her today. The doctor said I have cervical cancer, it is three or worst. I spent the night crying. Three years early, my mother also had cervical cancer. She had two bone marrow transplants. She was lucky her sister was a match. For me there was no way I would match with anyone. I am half French and half Vietnamese.

The next morning, as we leave for the doctor, a silky black cat was sitting outside of our front door. I screamed and said,” I am not going; it is bad luck. My husband said we have to go. He scooped up the cat and put him on the side. At the doctor office, she said, I need to have a completed hysterectomy and chemo. For the next six months, while going through treatments, the cat would come to the spent the night at the door and he would leave after his breakfast. I called him Blackie because of his black hair. The day the doctor said the cancer is gone, the cat was gone; that night he did not come. We looked everywhere for him. My husband said, he is looking after someone else. Next month it will be eight years cancer free for me.

Many of you night have know I had an accident almost three years ago. I shattered my heels, fractured my back and my hands. I was in the wheelchair for eight months. I have had five surgeries. The last one was last year. The doctor removed the hardware and fused the bones. Tomorrow he is going to do the same on my left foot. I will be cast for three months. The good thing about this surgery is; it is my left foot. I CAN DRIVE :)

Every day, I thank God for my life and I can walk.

Hang in there Shari. We are praying for you.

Hugs

Marie

Marie,

You have been thru so much in your life and you have such a positive and caring spirit. WOW!! you are fabulous!!:D

My thoughts and prayers are going out to you and Debbie and Sheri tomorrow. I pray that all have a great turn out on their surgeries.

Hope everyone has a great day today and for those that facing these trying times always remember you have great friends here on this board. We are here for you and we have big shoulders to cry on if needed.

I thank the Lord everyday for this great bunch of friends on this board.

Gerry

Hi Kathy,

I was going through my closet and thinking' what can I get for Kate's sister in-law." I wanted to put a smile on her face and make the cruise a fun cruise for you and her. I decided not to give her my old clothes. I bought these for her in smaller size. I know she is still mourning, but I hope she is not wearing black.

Thank you for your well wishes.

M

9086835662_f7cc4dbb25_z.jpg

9086837216_b2796dc397.jpg

How thoughtful of you Marie! The long gown is beautiful! That's sure to put a smile on her face!

Good luck tomorrow you will be in my thoughts

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Marie, I knew about your accident but not about your cancer. You are living proof that a positive attitude can beat ANYTHING. You are such a wonderful, caring and generous person and I wish only the best for you tomorrow and forever.

Eight years ago I had a physical checkup. A week later, the doctor’s nurse called me and said she needed to make an appointment for me to see the doctor. I said NO! You tell the doctor to tell me what is wrong with me now, or I will come in to see her today. The doctor said I have cervical cancer, it is three or worst. I spent the night crying. Three years early, my mother also had cervical cancer. She had two bone marrow transplants. She was lucky her sister was a match. For me there was no way I would match with anyone. I am half French and half Vietnamese.

The next morning, as we leave for the doctor, a silky black cat was sitting outside of our front door. I screamed and said,” I am not going; it is bad luck. My husband said we have to go. He scooped up the cat and put him on the side. At the doctor office, she said, I need to have a completed hysterectomy and chemo. For the next six months, while going through treatments, the cat would come to the spent the night at the door and he would leave after his breakfast. I called him Blackie because of his black hair. The day the doctor said the cancer is gone, the cat was gone; that night he did not come. We looked everywhere for him. My husband said, he is looking after someone else. Next month it will be eight years cancer free for me.

Many of you night have know I had an accident almost three years ago. I shattered my heels, fractured my back and my hands. I was in the wheelchair for eight months. I have had five surgeries. The last one was last year. The doctor removed the hardware and fused the bones. Tomorrow he is going to do the same on my left foot. I will be cast for three months. The good thing about this surgery is; it is my left foot. I CAN DRIVE :)

Every day, I thank God for my life and I can walk.

Hang in there Shari. We are praying for you.

Hugs

Marie

Hi Marie,

Thank you for sharing your touching life story with us ladies. You are not only a generous and loving lady but a positive and courageous one as well.

As a cat lover and cat rescuer, I loved the story of the black kittie that showed up at your home. Who says that black cats are bad luck?

I wish you, Sheri and Debbie all successful surgeries tomorrow. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cathy

Marie, your story was so inspirational. Sometimes we get so hung up on life's little issues that we forget that every ay is a blessing. Thank you for the reminder and being such a wonderful person.

Linda G.

Hi Kathy,

I was going through my closet and thinking' what can I get for Kate's sister in-law." I wanted to put a smile on her face and make the cruise a fun cruise for you and her. I decided not to give her my old clothes. I bought these for her in smaller size. I know she is still mourning, but I hope she is not wearing black.

Thank you for your well wishes.

M

9086835662_f7cc4dbb25_z.jpg

9086837216_b2796dc397.jpg

Marie, I am utterly speechless. I just don't know what to say about your incredible heart and generosity. I am sitting in my office with the tears rolling down my face and hoping that no one decides they need me right now. You are the most incredibly giving person I have ever had the pleasure of crossing paths. I only hope someday I can give back to you even a small portion of what you have given to me and my family. My sister in law will be touched, I am sure. She is so broken right now.

Good luck tomorrow and thank you again. When we sail away next Friday I have no doubt that we will be toasting you!

Kathy

Marie,

I had no idea you have been through so much. It just shows how strong you are that you can go through so much and still be such a positive, giving person.

I am having surgery tomorrow as well, so I will will be thinking positive thoughts for you, please do the same for me! :)

Debbie

I agree with Debbie -is shows your true colors as how you still go out of your way to make others happy and share your amazing clothes and shoes, etc. with others.

I think you Debbie and Myself all having surgery/procedures tomorrow - tomorrow it is oral surgery for me - Monday back epidural.

Will be sending positive thoughts your way

Sharon

Marie, I am utterly speechless. I just don't know what to say about your incredible heart and generosity. I am sitting in my office with the tears rolling down my face and hoping that no one decides they need me right now. You are the most incredibly giving person I have ever had the pleasure of crossing paths. I only hope someday I can give back to you even a small portion of what you have given to me and my family. My sister in law will be touched, I am sure. She is so broken right now.

Good luck tomorrow and thank you again. When we sail away next Friday I have no doubt that we will be toasting you!

Kathy

This is so touching I am in tears too. Kathy I hope your SIL loves these beautiful dresses and that they are able to put a smile on her face - even if it is only for a few short hours. I find random act of kindness is good for the givers sole and the receivers too. Does not have to be major = can be minor for me buying a drink in starbucks for the person next to me - or the other day paying the toll on the bridge for the person behind me as the person in front of me did that for me. Hope you both enjoy your cruise

Sharon

Oh Marie what a touching story. God works in mysterious ways with the cat. ;)

You have really been through so much.

Wishing Marie Sheri and Debbie all successful surgeries tomorrow. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

What a fabulous thing you did for Kathy SIL. I know she will

be THRILLED. I know it put a smile on my face.

Kathy

Marie,

You are so sweet and generous! Brought a tear to my eye :)

Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery.

And here are the Maxi's... lisa at lounsbery dot com

Moa Moa Purple Size 1X

P6110026_zps0ccdb0a4.jpg

Moa Moa Coral Size 1X

P6110028_zps545dd549.jpg

Soprano Green Size 1X (minor repair done to the under layer...not visible)

P6110029_zps987cb2ea.jpg

Lisa,

Is the coral dress still available?

Missed a page of the thread and just learned of Sheri's news. She will be added to my prayers and positive thoughts.

And, Marie, the cat story sent chills. Animals are truly sent to us. I hope whomever he visited next had the same good outcome. You are a testimony to the good and strength in people.

You all are amazing ladies.

I have some virtually new pieces of cruise type clothing...casual things like capri pants and tops. mostly between size 10-14 some medium some large.

is anyone interested? should I post pictures?

Please do and thank you! Too small for me, but, others will definetly appreciate it. :D

I have some virtually new pieces of cruise type clothing...casual things like capri pants and tops. mostly between size 10-14 some medium some large.

is anyone interested? should I post pictures?

Absolutely list them with pictures. We share all kinds of clothes, not just evening wear. I've even given away some trouser jeans that didn't work for me. I recently was the lucky recipient of a darling sundress. It's all good! I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff!

Edited by magandab