recycling clothing among cc members

I absolutely see! Lord bless you for that which you do!:)

She shops for the latest LV bags in Paris the week before Thanksgiving. I paint 30 kindergarteners' hands red, green, orange, and yellow and they make turkey hand print place mats! See what I say about living vicariously through Marie?!?!?!?

I have had the best day shopping, really didn't think I'd find anything I really liked or that really liked me, alas no shoes but Im working on that.

Ive attached pictures of the dress I've got so far and these will be on this site after my cruise as I couldn't allow them to sit in a wardrobe when another lady will love them.

Still thinking I'd like to wear pumps or very low heels?

IMG_0317.jpg.f91b18749d6cf79e28f5183308ba7840.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg.d1a139d6069c0ea1767534c90f84feb8.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg.e504fbc230bf26225d8ba75a36eef3e1.jpg

Edited by Mariarose38

I have had the best day shopping, really didn't think I'd find anything I really liked or that really liked me, alas no shoes but Im working on that.

Ive attached pictures of the dress I've got so far and these will be on this site after my cruise as I couldn't allow them to sit in a wardrobe when another lady will love them.

All are lovely ... I especially like the third (long) one.

Wow, you did great. I love #1 and 2.

I absolutely see! Lord bless you for that which you do!:)

I have a blast with those kids! After 20 years in the newspaper business, it's a change of pace. I teach K - 5 writing. This week, I get to listen to groups of 30 or so 5 and 6 year olds cackle when Charlie Brown's lawnchair closes on him during "Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving." I give them each a muffin tin that I fill with Cookie Crisp cereal (they call it "baby chocolate chip cookies") and sit them in front of the big screen in my classroom. I have a fake fireplace they sit around. I have a BLAST. It really puts me in the holiday spirit.

Those are all dresses I would pick for myself! Good choices!

When you say "pumps" do you mean a flat shoe? (I think there is a difference between a UK pump and a US pump.) Regardless, I would wear a low heeled pair of shoes (I can't do anything approaching a high heel).

Hope you had a great birthday!

Love the dresses. Looking very good on you!

All three are terrific! I think pumps would be just fine! Glad you had such dress shopping success!

Those are all dresses I would pick for myself! Good choices!

When you say "pumps" do you mean a flat shoe? (I think there is a difference between a UK pump and a US pump.) Regardless, I would wear a low heeled pair of shoes (I can't do anything approaching a high heel).

Hope you had a great birthday!

I did mean a UK pump, but can see that a small heel would work better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mariarose! You did great! I love the first one, it define your beautiful curve. Love it! Since you cannot wear high heels, I would wear it with low heels evening sandal. Pumps or plats would makes it too casual.

Have a fantastic cruise.

Marie

Edited by Porthopper101

Mariarose! You did great! I love the first one, it define your beautiful curve. Love it! Since you cannot wear high heels, I would wear it with low heels evening sandal. Pumps or plats would makes it too casual.

Have a fantastic cruise.

Marie

Thanks Marie

I welcome the advice.

I did mean to ask how your feet are now, after spending all day Sunday reading all the posts I feel I got to know a few of you.

I hope you are keeping well

Mariarose

I have a blast with those kids! After 20 years in the newspaper business, it's a change of pace. I teach K - 5 writing. This week, I get to listen to groups of 30 or so 5 and 6 year olds cackle when Charlie Brown's lawnchair closes on him during "Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving." I give them each a muffin tin that I fill with Cookie Crisp cereal (they call it "baby chocolate chip cookies") and sit them in front of the big screen in my classroom. I have a fake fireplace they sit around. I have a BLAST. It really puts me in the holiday spirit.

My hat is off to you my dear friend :). Those kids will have a better future because of people like you :).

When I was in school, there was no big screen or fake fireplace in my class room. However, I did have a very mean teacher. To these days, I still remember sister Monique. She used to hit my left hand to bleed because I was using my left hand to write. I am now writing with my right hand but doing everything else with my left. I used to pissed my mother off when I did not want to go to church. I told her, because of sister Monique I am no longer Catholic :D.

Take care my friend and have a great day.

Marie

Excellent shopping score!! I particularly love the first one with the lace over the shoulders. What's the bust measurement on that? <wiggles her eyebrows with evil intent, knowing it's going up for grabs later>

I'm getting good at US/UK sizing differences, because I've had to learn it in reverse...I was raised in Canada and have only been here a couple of years now.

"Pumps" in the US are "court shoes" here.

Love them all but my fav is the first one. Well done on your shopping day.

I love the first one but agree you need at least the tiniest of heels. With full length you can get away with ballet flats or the like, but if the dress is shorter, a little heel works best.

I have terrible problems with my feet but found that ballroom dance practice shoes work great.

I love the first one but agree you need at least the tiniest of heels. With full length you can get away with ballet flats or the like, but if the dress is shorter, a little heel works best.

I have terrible problems with my feet but found that ballroom dance practice shoes work great.

Ballroom dance shoes are perfect for ladies who can't wear really high heels. You can get really dressy (or plain) shoes in heels as low as 1 3/4 in. Good dance shoes are very soft and supple and you will be amazed at how comfortable they are. They give great support too. Most dance wear stores that sell ballet things have a limited selection of ballroom.

http://www.werner-kern.com/werner-kern/ladies-shoes.html

Thank you for the wonderful sushi dish picture :eek:.

Hi Marie. Not too bad, thanks. We are going to a Christmas ball on Friday. :eek:

Apparently this dish is popular in many Asian countries under different names. Maybe you can try it while on your world cruise. :p I am a huge seafood lover, but I think I would pass on this one.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_gifs/2692795/Odori/

My hat is off to you my dear friend :). Those kids will have a better future because of people like you :).

When I was in school, there was no big screen or fake fireplace in my class room. However, I did have a very mean teacher. To these days, I still remember sister Monique. She used to hit my left hand to bleed because I was using my left hand to write. I am now writing with my right hand but doing everything else with my left. I used to pissed my mother off when I did not want to go to church. I told her, because of sister Monique I am no longer Catholic :D.

Take care my friend and have a great day.

Marie

Marie, I hear you! I consider myself a "Recovering Catholic". Just like alcoholics, you are never cured.

7ary6yve.jpg

Margaret