recycling clothing among cc members

arhillbilly

Not a great pic but best I can do right now! Its a medium and might need to be shortened.

Let me know if she likes it...

Very pretty I like it. I hope it can fit the young lady My dresses are all much bigger so I can't help much

Jamie

arhillbilly

Not a great pic but best I can do right now! Its a medium and might need to be shortened.

Let me know if she likes it...

Thank you. I will show her the photo and let you know.

I did talk to her this morning and she said prob a size 10 would be better. Thanks everyone

Ladies, I need your help. My neighbor has a daughter that is 17. She is a junior in high school and has decided that she isn't going to her prom because they don't have the money for her a dress. I hate to see that happen, but I don't have extra money to go buy her a dress.....and Lord knows I don't have any in her size. She needs something for a young girl in a size 8. I know several of you were that size. Do you have anything that would work for a 17 year old that is dressy and would make her feel special? Either long or short.....evening dressy/prom looking

Ok, just talked to her mom....she might wear a size 10....I will have to post again once I talk to Amanda. She is only 5'4" tall

Hi Sis,

Sorry I have been missing in action. We just arrived in Sydney. The internet is supper fast here and it's free -:). Anyway, did you fine a gown for your neighbor? If not please email me your address or her address I will order her one from Saks. I have a soft spot for kid -:). Beside I over paid Saks, they own me few hundred dollars. I'm going to look for the dress now.

Hugs

Marie

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Porthopper101

Hi Sis,

Sorry I have been missing in action. We just arrived in Sydney. The internet is supper fast here and it's free -:). Anyway, did you fine a gown for your neighbor? If not please email me your address or her address I will order her one from Saks. I have a soft spot for kid -:). Beside is over paid Saks, they own me few hundred dollars. I'm going to look for the dress now.

Hugs

Marie

Wow Marie. Just reading through the posts. Your generosity is amazing, especially in this day and age. What a wonderful gesture.

Hi Sis,

Sorry I have been missing in action. We just arrived in Sydney. The internet is supper fast here and it's free -:). Anyway, did you fine a gown for your neighbor? If not please email me your address or her address I will order her one from Saks. I have a soft spot for kid -:). Beside I over paid Saks, they own me few hundred dollars. I'm going to look for the dress now.

Hugs

Marie

Have to love iPad -:). I meant FIND, not fine.

I'm off to buy some post cards and look around. I will check my email later.

M

Edited by Porthopper101

Marie, You are such an amazing women. What a wonderful thing to do. I'm sure God is looking down & saying "I wish more people were like Marie"! Bless you. :)

Hope your trip is going smoothly & that your having fun. I'm hoping you'll post more pics! :D

Hi Sis,

Hugs

Marie

Marie, your kindness and generosity never cease to amaze me. The grace and elegance you show in everything you do is simply incredible. Safe travels to you and Ken, my sweet friend.

Marie your such a wonderful giving person! If you don't find anything let me know and I'll be happy to look through my dresses as well not sure I have any 10's but I might and would be happy to see if any of them would be to her liking. Every young lady should go to the prom!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Sis,

Hugs

Marie

Marie, sorry we missed you by a few days. We really enjoyed our week in and around Sydney!

I was really jealous of all those who got to dock at the OPT though, because it was directly across the street from our hotel in the Rocks. There is absolutely nothing by the new cruiseport, no shops, hotels, restaurants, nothing.

Now we are home and I have to do my own cooking.....and cleaning.....and ironing. :( I miss my butler!!!

Marie, sorry we missed you by a few days. We really enjoyed our week in and around Sydney!

I was really jealous of all those who got to dock at the OPT though, because it was directly across the street from our hotel in the Rocks. There is absolutely nothing by the new cruiseport, no shops, hotels, restaurants, nothing.

Now we are home and I have to do my own cooking.....and cleaning.....and ironing. :( I miss my butler!!!

Hi Burm

How was your cruise? I know, we keep missing each other. Did you get to see your old friends? Six of our friends came on the ship today. I'm one happy camper.

I will try email later. I'm too tired tonight.

Hugs

M

Marie , You should not always have to be the giver so I am offering this new dress to the prom goer . It is a size 10

$_57.JPG

BEAUTIFUL dress! Thank you for offering it! You are fantastic. Anyway, for some reason if the dress does not fit; my offer is still stand. I would be happy to get one for her.

My email: *****

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day.

Marie

Oh...that makes me sad:(

Yeah me too...her and her boyfriend are fighting and her mother just said she doesn't want to go....It's just her jr prom, so she can go next year if she wants to....I asked her if she would change her mind and she said no...her mind is made up...

I did a major purge of my closet today, at least the "everyday" stuff, and only these two items were what I deem as "CC Recycle Worthy." If interested, email me at magandab at aol dot com

I got this top last year, but have found nothing to wear it with, and decided I just don't like it on me. It's Michael Kors, size M. The colors are actually more green - a medium and light sage, is how I'd describe them.

MKtop_zps4882c273.jpg

This blouse I've had for years, but it's a classic style and still in brand new condition (I think I've worn it 2 or 3 times). Kasper, 100% silk. Size 12 but would fit a 10. It's just too big on me now. Very long sleeves and body. Feels and looks wonderful. The second photo shows the actual pattern of the black and white.

bwshirt_zpsfabab3cf.jpg

bwshirtclose_zps000c381e.jpg

I'm so glad they fit and you like them. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you again here's a pic of the one I have to go through the rest of my pics :). I love this set and will wear it often I felt so pretty in it thanks!!!ImageUploadedByForums1395026205.985787.jpg.d27d59c4e70bad49d5fb0a3ae3e459fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you again here's a pic of the one I have to go through the rest of my pics :). I love this set and will wear it often I felt so pretty in it thanks!!![ATTACH]305957[/ATTACH]

Lovely picture

Kim

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you again here's a pic of the one I have to go through the rest of my pics :). I love this set and will wear it often I felt so pretty in it thanks!!![ATTACH]305957[/ATTACH]

You felt pretty because you ARE pretty, lovely complexion and cheek bones.:)