Miami Holiday Inn

CathyG

We are sailing out of Miami on February 14th and wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn across the street from Bayside Marketplace. We figured we wouldn't have any trouble booking a room 9 months out but when we called yesterday they said there weren't any rooms available. I thought I had read (quite a while ago) that they only book 6 months out. Does anyone know if this is true? What are our chances of getting a room there?

Thanks, Cathy

We are sailing out of Miami on February 14th and wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn across the street from Bayside Marketplace. We figured we wouldn't have any trouble booking a room 9 months out but when we called yesterday they said there weren't any rooms available. I thought I had read (quite a while ago) that they only book 6 months out. Does anyone know if this is true? What are our chances of getting a room there?

Thanks, Cathy

Cathy, read the sticky "Important South Florida Dates" at the top of this forum.

The Holiday Inn is booked YEARS out. Your chance of getting a room there is slim to none.

Firstly, you dates are over peak season. Then February is peak month in peak season. The Superbowl, Presidents Week, The Miami International Boat Show, SB Food & Wine Festival, etc are all in February.

Forget about getting a cheap room.

Your dates are over boat show weekend, you can probably book the Holiday Inn through the boat show website. You dates are peak month, peak week in peak season.

Just a little research would have alerted you to this.

http://www.miamiboatshow.com/

Good luck!

A few years back I think 2006 we were booked at the old Holiday Inn, which is now the Courtyard. It was boat show weekend. What a treat for me. Couldn't talk the DW into an upgrade of out Catalina 30. We've had it 12 years and I'm just itching for a 42.

Thanks Blue Herron. That sure wasn't good planning on our part. We only booked this cruise in October 2008 and if I had been more diligent I would have chosen another week or another cruise. Unfortunately, this is one of those cruises that the route is only done twice. May have to come up with Plan B. Thanks so much for your reply.

Cathy

Thanks Blue Herron. That sure wasn't good planning on our part. We only booked this cruise in October 2008 and if I had been more diligent I would have chosen another week or another cruise. Unfortunately, this is one of those cruises that the route is only done twice. May have to come up with Plan B. Thanks so much for your reply.

Cathy

What is your budget and maybe I can help you find something.

Your best bet is the airport.

Archived