Tips

malcliz

We will be on the Quest cruise to Italy in June and have paid our gratuities in advance. If we want to give extra tips to waiters or room stewards, should this be in Dollars or in Euros (or sterling?). We are not sure what they would prefer.

We will be on the Quest cruise to Italy in June and have paid our gratuities in advance. If we want to give extra tips to waiters or room stewards, should this be in Dollars or in Euros (or sterling?). We are not sure what they would prefer.

Most of the staff will be appreciative of any currency I would think, although a lot of the wait staff are European so Euros would be good for them.

Have a great cruise you lucky person,

Hi Malcliz !

I agree with Swigso. I'm sure the staff would be happy to accept tips in any currency. We've given them US Dollars, and it's never been a problem. I'm fairly certain they have ways to exchange the funds for their currency of preference.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Give your left over euros.

I'd say hang on to your Euros - soon they may be worth $2.

Everytime you travel to Eurozone you will have to exchange US money at a cost to you (unless you have no plans to return). I prefer to tip in US $ (I suspect their salaries are in US $ as well).

That's very useful, we too are on the Azamara Quest in June and we were wondering which currency to use, we have quite a few US dollars left from our cruise around the Caribbean in March so will use those. Being English we tend to hang on to our left over Euro's as they're handy when we go on day trips to France (Booze Cruise!).

Thank you all for your suggestions. We are really looking forward to our Best of Italy Cruise and have never cruised with Azamara before. There is not much about this cruise in June on these boards and not many people signed up for the Cruise Critic Azamara party. Was your cruise in the Caribbean with Azamara Mara01? If you are on this same Best of Italy Cruise, perhaps we will meet up on board!

No we were on the Emerald Princess and had a great time touring the islands.We too are on the Best of Italy on the 28th June. Is that the same date as yours, if so we could meet up, we are travelling with family and have booked a number of private excursions (except the Ferrari experience which is a ships excursion)

Archived