Credit Cards Widely Accepted???

I only want to bring one credit card on my Canada/New England cruise. Which one is the most widely accepted?

Discover

Visa

American Express

MasterCard

Visa and MasterCard. Discover is not widely accepted outside of the USA, and American Express is often not accepted by small merchants due to a high merchant commission rate

If I were you, I would bring 2 CC (keep one in the safe just in case the other is lost/stolen - not that thief is a big issue here but better be safe than sorry).

Actually, if you planning on visiting Montreal and renting a Bixi bicycle then you will need on CC per person. They don't currently have a system in place to rent more than one per CC.

Visa and MasterCard. Discover is not widely accepted outside of the USA, and American Express is often not accepted by small merchants due to a high merchant commission rate

exactly. I live in Québec City and you'll have no problems with Visa and MasterCard but can have some with American Express. And i've never heard of Discover before.

Archived